Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape: Shower confusion.

muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
How exactly does that shower work for the hot springs. Sims are supposed to shower before getting in the hot springs, and in the EA game video it shows the sims showering with their bathing suits on. My sims always strip naked for the shower.... which is a big deal since my household has 4 sims.

when I click on the shower I don't see any option to choose like.... "shower for hot springs". I just see a list of shower options to use that shower for. If I click on the hot springs the sims just get in and get the embarrassed mood.

I am using the same shower as shown in the video. The one that came with the pack. What am I doing wrong.

Is there a sign or something I need to post? I haven't found one. I found a sign for shoes, but that's it.

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I haven't used the hot springs in a while so I'm not one hundred percent sure, but have you tried changing your Sims into their bathing suits before they shower?
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    Yes, and no change. They still get naked and covered with the pixelated thing. I just watched a youtube video of a guy entering the shower with a suit on and immediately changed into his swimming shorts for the shower. I can't get mine to do that.
    I found this on the Sims Wiki page:
    "The onsen bathhouse is a lot assignment introduced in The Sims 4: Snowy Escape. It has some similarities to spas in The Sims 4: Spa Day: upon entering the lot, Sims would change via lockers and shower before entering hot springs to relax. "
    "Sims also tend to shower in their swimwear in onsen bathhouses."
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Onsen_bathhouse

So it's odd that yours aren't. Try changing via the lockers if you haven't already.

Could it be a mod you are using?

I'm sorry I can't be more help, hopefully someone else has a more informative answer.

If you are still having issues with this, I'd suggest reporting it as a bug at Answers HQ:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I used this lot yesterday in my game and it worked correctly with Sims showering in their swimsuits.

If you have mods, I would suspect one of those. But first, I would check to make sure the lot type hasn't been changed.
    I haven't tried the locker idea yet. I'll try that out and see what happens.

As for mods... no. I have zero mods installed. I generally don't use mods for the sims.

Maybe it only works for the Onsen bathhouse, or maybe only on public lots. I have mine in my sims house.
    edited May 2021
    Found the "Onsen Locker". I clicked it and choose "change into swimsuit". Then went to the shower. The sim still showered naked, then redressed into an outfit afterwards. I had to change her back into her swimsuit for the hot springs.

As I guessed in my previous post, maybe it only works at the Onsen Bathhouse, or just on public lots or something. All I can say at this point is.... it doesn't work at my sims home lot.
    edited May 2021
    muzickmage wrote: »

As for mods... no. I have zero mods installed. I generally don't use mods for the sims.

Maybe it only works for the Onsen bathhouse, or maybe only on public lots. I have mine in my sims house.

Sorry for the confusion, is this in the "Onsen" lot that came with SE? Or is this on a different lot that you built with a different lot type?

If this isn't an onsen lot, that may be why you are having trouble.

The SE shower itself doesn't trigger the showering in bathing suit, the Onsen lot itself does I believe. Using the shower in a residential lot will be the same as using any shower. :smile:
    edited May 2021
    Its built on my sims home lot in Sulani. That's what has me thinking why its not working. Though its a bit odd that it would work on the Onsen lot, but nowhere else.... unless its because the Onsen bathhouse is a public lot, and my sims lot is private/residential.

But still. A gameplay function is a gameplay function isn't it lol. It's doesn't make sense the shower would be coded to not work the same if you use it on a different lot.
    Perhaps you could either ask a mod to move this thread to the feedback section, or create a new one suggesting a sign similar to the one used for Sims to remove their shoes?

Personally, I use the SE shower in my residential lots, so am happy for my Sims to use them without wearing a bathing suit. But I can understand your frustration and I'm sure other simmers would like this option too. :smile:
    Its not that big of deal. I just thought the SE shower was for the purpose of the SE hot springs.... that it was coded for that idea. Guess not lol.

I'll just build the shower area differently for the hot springs area, and all will be well again lol.

Thanks for trying to help..... much appreciated.
    I'm glad we managed to solve the mystery, but sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted.

I hope your Sims enjoying their Sulani hot springs anyway. :smile:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021
    Showering in a swimsuit is particular to the onsen bathhouse lot type. That’s why it’s not working on your residential lot. Because the onsen lot type is coded for sims a to avoid being naked in public at that venue as its considered very bad form. They can get naked there, but they get very embarrassed and risk mortification which can be fatal.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »

It only works for Onsen showers not showers on residential lots.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Just take the shower and then you can click on sit in hot spring. (I've had Sims shower naked and with their suits on, doesn't really matter, so long as they get the 'dirt' off.) Your Sims will dressed accordingly in the Hot Spring.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Actually, most Japanese onsen are used without bathing suits. I'm not sure why. There are very few where people wear bathing suits, and those are geared specifically for foreigners.

I had one of my Japanese guys use the onsen naked, and "proper" Japanese sims were shocked. We thought that was hilarious. In real Japan, proper Japanese would be shocked if you dared wear a swimsuit in an onsen. lol

That being said, it is strange that they'd strip to take a shower - in front of other people - and then put the swimsuit on to get into the onsen. I guess I didn't really think about that before. We were just laughing about how the old Japanese sims were shocked about a young sim doing something that would be natural in Japan.