Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Think We'll Get A New Trial For The Next Gamepack And Expansion Before They Release?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
So it isn't clear yet on whether these trials are just for old packs that some people don't have or future packs as well. I'm hoping we'll get to download future GPs and EPs after their announced before they release and try them out.

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Nope.
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2021
    I think it will be only for older packs, just like sales, to boost the interest.
    They do not need to do that with new packs with the hype surrounding a new release, plus there are usually a fair amount of bugs at the start, better do that on older, more stable packs like city living so people have a better first impression and actually buy it at the end of the trial.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I don't think so. I think we'll see packs like Cats and Dogs or Seasons get trials first.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No I think it’s for the older packs like someone else above has said a bit like the sales. Also financially it would make no sense for ea to bring out a new pack to offer a free trial which a lot of people would probably use the trial and there is no guarantee they will buy it. I can’t see ea taking that risk as it would loose them sales.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2021
    no, I don't think they will offer trials for newer packs.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Nope, just older packs. I imagine this feature is not for those players who tend to typically buy a pack right up front regardless - EA knows that most likely, they've already got those players money. I imagine it's for those who are hesitating, to try and give a chance to try and make a sale. I think it's important to remember that this is not a move to benefit the players to try something for free. it's ultimately about making the sale when they may not otherwise; giving those players who are hesitating a chance to try it and hopefully purchase it. The fact that it benefits those players as well is just a side benefit to the players.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If I had to guess, not for these latest two. They are probably still testing this feature. Later, though? Why not? They may choose not to, but they could as well. Maybe not at launch, but it would not surprise me at all if they let you have a trial instead of slashing it to a sale price.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They won't trial it before release but possibly after it comes out? I feel like they won't do it on release week though, possibly a few months down the line they'll do a trial
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's too risky. I think it'll only be for older packs and maybe only for the packs that have the worst sale numbers. To sell new packs they feed better in the trailers, the expectation...
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I hope so, but i dont think so. Newer packs might get a free trial a few months after release though, so like when a newer pack drops the one before might get a trial.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I hope that they do put the next GP through this trial. This trial is a version of a test live tool. It lets player try out the game before buying plus it gives us a chance to inform EA and Maxis of any bugs that we might encounter during the trail period.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited May 2021
    Journey To Batuu is next. 😀
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Journey To Batuu is next.

Source?
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Journey To Batuu is next.

Source?

Added a smiley to indicate it was a joke.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I actually hope it is. This is the only pack i don't own and i wouldn't mind to try it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Honestly, making Journey to Batuu available via trial would probably be a good thing. I mean, even as someone who enjoyed it, the gameplay requires "the right" sims to play with it. But there are a lot of really nice BB and even CAS items that don't scream "Star Wars" or even Sci-Fi - there are a couple of jackets I like to use for "cold weather" wear for sims living in Oasis Springs or Strangerville, for example.

And my geek sims deck their rooms out with the actual Star Wars stuff, even if I haven't taken them "on vacation" to Batuu.

Sure a lot of people won't try it on principle, and they're free to do so. But if you're not categorically opposed to it, I think there are some real treasures in there. Maybe not enough to get at full price, but on sale, certainly. And a trial would let people see if they agree.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have all the packs, but I hope they plan on releasing a trial for dine out......that way they will have to fix it first.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I have all the packs, but I hope they plan on releasing a trial for dine out......that way they will have to fix it first.

Haha. Good point.
  • Options
    FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    No way that's happening.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's too bad they don't do a free trial on new upcoming packs. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    No. A lot of the packs are pretty empty compared to previous games. Letting players play a trial version of a new pack well probably guarantee less sales.

I always buy my EPs, GPs, and SPs as bundles for less than $20 because I refuse to pay full price for TS4.