Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 sounding worse everyday 😑 UPDATE 7/24/21

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited May 2021
    The marketplace could be something similar to how Second Life’s marketplace is done.

In second like things cost “Lindens” which is the game money. You get these Lindens by either purchasing them with RL currency or by working some type of job in Second Life.

On the marketplace you purchase anything you want that has been made by creators such as accessories, skins, tattoos, hair, clothes, shoes, scripts, textures, animations, meshes, houses, plants, etc and you pay for it with Lindens.

Linden Labs, the owner of Second Life, gets a percentage of every sale that is made on the Marketplace. Lindens can be converted over to RL currency once you have enough built up in your account.

The conversion from Lindens to USD is less than if you bought it, because again Linden Labs takes a fee for processing the conversion.

Lindens cost around $9 USD (approximately) for 2000 Lindens.

Things on the marketplace can be priced anywhere from $0L – $100,000L (just depends on what you’re buying).

Unless you make your own unique meshes and are well established, you will not make a lot of bank.

I have a clothing store on the Second Life Marketplace, but I haven't created anything for it since 2015. The last year I created for Second Life, I saved all my Lindens and cashed them out at the end of the year and used that as part of my closing costs when I purchased my house, I made a little over $4,000 in a year. So yeah, you won't get rich off of a Marketplace system like Second Life has if that is how EA would decide to do it.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Ok I think i'm out. If this it what the game is gonna be i'm not interested. I'll stick to ts3 and switch over to Paralives when it comes out.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    The marketplace could be something similar to how Second Life’s marketplace is done.

In second like things cost “Lindens” which is the game money. You get these Lindens by either purchasing them with RL currency or by working some type of job in Second Life.

On the marketplace you purchase anything you want that has been made by creators such as accessories, skins, tattoos, hair, clothes, shoes, scripts, textures, animations, meshes, houses, plants, etc and you pay for it with Lindens.

Linden Labs, the owner of Second Life, gets a percentage of every sale that is made on the Marketplace. Lindens can be converted over to RL currency once you have enough built up in your account.

The conversion from Lindens to USD is less than if you bought it, because again Linden Labs takes a fee for processing the conversion.

Lindens cost around $9 USD (approximately) for 2000 Lindens.

Things on the marketplace can be priced anywhere from $0L – $100,000L (just depends on what you’re buying).

Unless you make your own unique meshes and are well established, you will not make a lot of bank.

I have a clothing store on the Second Life Marketplace, but I haven't created anything for it since 2015. The last year I created for Second Life, I saved all my Lindens and cashed them out at the end of the year and used that as part of my closing costs when I purchased my house, I made a little over $4,000 in a year. So yeah, you won't get rich off of a Marketplace system like Second Life has if that is how EA would decide to do it.

I expect this is what Rod Humble might be thinking of with the game they are making in the Berkeley studio of Paradox Interactive. He left Electronic Arts to become CEO of LInden Labs who made Second Life.

I doubt if EA/Maxis would want to do the same thing.
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    The push to say that single player games are dying off and unpopular and online multiplayer games is where the future is at is all a ruse to get players onboard to where they want them to be.

PBlAUZS.jpg

2857824302_40730c7e25.jpg

Game-Incomplete-300x169.png

Despite TS4 not turning out to be an online social game like it was intended initially, the same concept is still applied to TS4. However, how much more $$$ will they gain from players who continue to not see or care about being taken advantage of with shady and often times psychological business tactics? TS4 proves a success...to them. Why not? No matter the complaints which mean absolutely nothing by the way, because people still keep buying. Just like someone high up in the business said. So why should they provide an expensive quality game when people will buy a cheaply made inferior one any day? Hey, more money saved for the business and more money gained for the bare minimal. Not so for the consumers...but who cares? It's business. They will buy anything anyway. What even is integrity, goodwill and customer satisfaction anyway?

Now where ever The Sims Franchise is heading in the future...I don't care. I stopped with TS3 as there is nothing good, I deem, no longer coming from The Sims. I have been playing TS3 for 11+ years and I am...

Still.Not.Bored.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2021
    More than 85% of total video game industry revenue ($127 billion) comes from free-to-play games.
    Now you understand why DLC and lootbox are so important.

The players have made their choice by supporting this system.

• mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
    I see a cognitive dissonance here. On the one hand they make the game more and more PG at every iteration, yet they want to incorporate multiplayer? have they never played an online multiplayer game before? people can be absolutely terrible in that setting, especially to women and non-white ppl.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2021
    mingusssss wrote: »
    people can be absolutely terrible in that setting, especially to women and non-white ppl.

... when the majority of the players are men :p

But here, women rule The Sims.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    If they go the Roblox route, it's going to probably have people's custom worlds/servers on the front page sorted by popularity that you can join with your sim. They'll have something like Roblox Studio where you actually create your worlds. For those that aren't familiar with Roblox, that's how this works. Except the worlds are people's custom games or your own. You can set these games public or private.

They have a marketplace you purchase clothing, accessories, and different animations from. There used to be ways to earn in game money to get these things, but not anymore. It's straight up real money that you pay that converts to in game currency.

As far as the studio goes, you can get free meshes and asset's that other people made but also import your own from blender. You can create your own clothing and hairs but you have to subscribe to a monthly subscription to do it. You can then upload your custom designs, and people can purchase them from the marketplace, the creators make money from it but I don't think it's much.

Just figured I'd give you all the low-down in case this is what's to come. Roblox used to actually be a decent platform to find cool games made by others within the engine it's built on. It's all pay to win now and is just riddled with microtransactions.

Nice breakdown. Yes I enjoy a few games on there but the pay to win and in your face microtransactions totally kills it. And anyone who has played a few games on there knows they never stop reminding you constantly that you should buy something. Like literally popping up all over your screen😆😆😆😆

Yeah the pop-ups are crazy, especially games that almost force you to purchase them to progress. I still enjoy Roblox too, I'm not an OG player, I only found out about it a few years ago, but I do like the creative aspect to it. The better games are just hard to find.

I just fear Sims 5 takes on that marketplace system like Roblox and that would be terrible in my opinion. We'd have to purchase every piece of clothing and hair separate with no way to earn the money in game.

It also sounds like they're pushing out the cc/mod creators and basically giving everyone the tools/ability to create content. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I have a feeling you'll have to pay for a monthly subscription based service to do it. Like how Roblox has the builders club.
  • mingusssssmingusssss Posts: 131 Member
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    EA is chasing money and trying to capitalize on the success of online games Roblox, Among Us, Fortnite etc. Typical EA.

The Sims franchise doesn't belong in that scene. EA is about to lose every last fan they have if they do that. Don't say we didn't warn them because we did. If they take one look in this forum they will see.
    EA, you have been warned.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    EA is chasing money and trying to capitalize on the success of online games Roblox, Among Us, Fortnite etc. Typical EA.

The Sims franchise doesn't belong in that scene. EA is about to lose every last fan they have if they do that. Don't say we didn't warn them because we did. If they take one look in this forum they will see.
    EA, you have been warned.

It really is starting to feel like they're going to be leaving the veteran sim players behind, the more and more I read leaks and interviews. All those games usually have a pretty common denominator, it attracts a lot of kids, and those kids have allowances and money they throw at any microtransaction or loot box, no matter how ridiculous it is.

I don't like to speculate when I don't know for sure, but it feels like the writing is on the wall.
  • zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    "We had The Sims Online that came out in 2002 which was around 20 years ago. We certainly were ahead of our time."

No. You had the wrong game to do that with. Funny, you've still got the wrong game.

I've never seen anyone in this community say, "I want to play with other Simmers." Maybe like a LAN tie would've been cool? Playing with one or two friends or family members might be a lot of fun and I can see parents playing with their kids and that being a fun family activity. So I do hope it's optional or can be kept to an intranet. But The Sims is not the community to do online multiplayer with. It's not.

Sure, a lot of games have had a lot of success going multiplayer and enabling that kind of collaboration. But The Sims is not those games. And it's been a single-player franchise for so long that nobody can imagine having to share their game with someone else, or tolerate what other people do in the game.

We sure were quick to forget how diverse this player-base is. Everyone plays differently. Telling realism players that they have to tolerate everyone else's witches for the sake of community is honestly a slap in the face by now. Be different! Be unique! Play your way! Until we decide you don't anymore.

Yeah, love you too. Don't foster individuality and customization and then take it away.
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    zheplays wrote: »
    "

I've never seen anyone in this community say, "I want to play with other Simmers." Maybe like a LAN tie would've been cool? Playing with one or two friends or family members might be a lot of fun and I can see parents playing with their kids and that being a fun family activity. So I do hope it's optional or can be kept to an intranet. But The Sims is not the community to do online multiplayer with. It's not.

The boyfriend and I used to love playing The Sims Bustin' Out together on PS2 (or PS3, can't remember). I think we would enjoy that again. He's not much of a gamer himself, so he doesn't play my TS4 game (though he could) but as a way to chill and giggle for a while? That would be great. A pity they didn't give us that option.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wait I do not know how to upload a photo
    A6nXZpR.png

I hope the photo works. But back on the topic. We heard how The Sims 4 is having a pathfinder. Then The Sims 5 getting more and more online. The closer we get, the more news we hear, the more this is becoming true
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think it's important to realize that anyone, literally anyone can go on Reddit and make a Sims 5 Leak post. There is absolutely no way so much information about the Sims 5 leaked from EA. The person who made that thread made it obvious they are lying by putting in such a huge number of leaked features in the list. I don't believe it's possible so much info leaked out of nowhere.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    > @OutlawWoman said:
    > The boyfriend and I used to love playing The Sims Bustin' Out together on PS2 (or PS3, can't remember). I think we would enjoy that again. He's not much of a gamer himself, so he doesn't play my TS4 game (though he could) but as a way to chill and giggle for a while? That would be great. A pity they didn't give us that option.

Yes, I vaguely remember playing with my sister on console. I also think it was PS2, though I can't remember if it was Bustin' Out or a different one. It's been a while. Anyway, it was kind of fun. My friends and my sister and I would occasionally get together and play the PC version all in a little cluster, too.

But that does bring me to, it's not that trying to bring the community together and foster collaboration in and of itself is bad or not going to work. It's the way it's being attempted. I also think in The Sims' case, the player base is actually too large to be able to make choices that the majority of the players are happy with, and I can't see this going well, at all. Likewise, someone else mentioned it but I do want to point it out again, people's kids play this game. That's a whole other bucket of concerns, for many many reasons.

I've loved The Sims for many years, but I will be one of the first to walk away from TS5 if it continues down the pathway it sounds like it is. At the very least, I will not be buying it on release after the fiasco that was TS4 on release. Because now EA have to prove to me that my money is being well-spent. And I hope they remember that, they have to sell this game. I don't have to buy it.
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry to say this but i have my doubts that they will show the sims5 at this year e3 will have to wait and see
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I think it's important to realize that anyone, literally anyone can go on Reddit and make a Sims 5 Leak post. There is absolutely no way so much information about the Sims 5 leaked from EA. The person who made that thread made it obvious they are lying by putting in such a huge number of leaked features in the list. I don't believe it's possible so much info leaked out of nowhere.

I know about that. That is why it is important to take it as a rumor or fake or something ( I don't know the English word). However It is just my opinion. I do hope that it won't come true. However I just hope that the statements releasing by EA would stop being connected or accurate to that "Leak" last year
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they just keep calling it sims 5 to get clicks even some youtubers think so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2021
    I sure hope this game isn't online only. Like everyone else, I don't want strangers interfering with my Sims! The Sims is a single-player game! I try to avoid speculating about things until they actually happen, but people on this thread don't sound happy!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's always a wait and see with me personally. I can see playing with friends online. I already do it in a number of games. That said if this happens to the Sims it won't feel like the Sims anymore to me partly because I've been around a long time and see this game as something I play alone.
    However that doesn't mean it won't or can't be successful in it's own right or that I wouldn't be willing to try it as a different type of product. If it's not for me I go somewhere else or I keep playing the current game and other games. I don't pay monthly subscriptions though and don't see that changing. I shell out for the initial game and play on official servers, friends servers or in single player mode depending on the game.

I also think ... who's to say they won't continue putting out Sims 4 for awhile while an online game is released. Then maybe release yet another single player title as the online version is running. That happen with Sims Online... it ran while The Sims title was still producing and while the Sims 2 was releasing. It never replaced them... I'm not saying it was a great product. I gave it a go and didn't stay long... there wasn't enough to keep me there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    In an attempt to be positive, at least for me: No additional Sims related pay-outs, no installation ordeal of whatever sort, no new game learning curve, time that otherwise would have gone to TS5 will be available for: school, writing additional books for publishing, reading, tactile recreation/creativity via designing and building miniature ship models, simming one of the earlier versions (which would now include 4) should time and mood permit. The joys of having a wide range and variety of interests! :)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    More than 85% of total video game industry revenue ($127 billion) comes from free-to-play games.
    Now you understand why DLC and lootbox are so important.

The players have made their choice by supporting this system.

I also think that part of the reason DLC and lootboxes are so common place is that the price on your standard AAA title hasnt risen in years. I dont think Ive bought a $60 game that wasnt inundated with DLC, lootboxes and season passes since the Xbox360/PS3/Wii generation. If the price has been staying so stagnant for that long, it suggests to me that the consumer base isnt willing to pay much higher than that and the industry knows it. Im willing to bet the price of games should have inflated by at least a good $10 now, but if the consumer base doesnt want to pay that and the industry continues to push out games in the scope and quality we expect (which of course costs some serious $$$$$$) then its no wonder they're pushing DLC and season passes into every game out there to turn a profit if making money from a $60 game isnt as feasible as it were 10+ years ago.