Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else have a problem wth where the new save delete button is?

2...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    edited May 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Considering how many people in Sims 4 play with one main save for years at a time... hitting delete should not be so shockingly easy to do on accident.

If they want the general layout they have right now - just move delete to the other side of the bar. And it should have not just a confirmation once clicked, but one with a checkbox also.

The deleted save should then go into a folder of deleted saves, that is cleaned after 10 days.

This new button layout makes it way to easy to wipe out everything on accident.
    Actually, my comment on 411 was probably one of the last, but I did get it in on time. This was the one thing I mentioned. Others may have too!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i did mention this in my comment to that thread but well with amount of posts on that thread it is a needle in haystack

Well that makes at least two of us then!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i did mention this in my comment to that thread but well with amount of posts on that thread it is a needle in haystack
    I noticed it. :) Don't worry I am sure the Gurus are reading over it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2021
    As an update to my previous post, I've now updated my game. I've not actually played yet today, so it's too early to tell if I'll literally hate it, but I absolutely have to echo Mr. Horse; "No sir, I don't like it."

Update 2: Ugh. I do hate it. Not just the delete button, the whole design. They really want us to work for it, don't they?
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I think the design of the save UI ideally, and particularly for this game, should make it easier for the player to create new saves using the option Save As, as that is essential in keeping back up should the game create problems, which it often does.

With this new design it takes more work, like said, because the save needs to be renamed yet again, instead of just changing for instance a number.