Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In what way could a Generations pack differ from its Sims 3 counterpart?

2...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it will need a theme that might only be touching generations. We already got Parenthood, which in my book had lots of features that would have been perfect for a Generations pack. The only two things I miss are walking canes for elders, and baby/toddler strollers. In TS2 Generations was one of those packs I could not really tell why I liked, because there were no big features, but the gold was how it made hidden changes to how I experienced the game. Parenthood also did some of that whit phases and values/traits and more focus on school.

I can't really suggest a good theme for a TS4 Generations, except I'd like to see some focus on family dynasties, including testaments, heirlooms, genealogy, multiple homes and perhaps clan missions to make it more interesting playing two rivalling dynasties. I don't think going with kids to boarding/high school will be included, because it would be too much University over again.

Adding: Perhaps Generations could blend in with Farm Life? They would make for a good match, I think :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I don't think Generations should be mixed with another pack. There are so many important features missing (see my other post for which exactly). We need those.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I don't think Generations should be mixed with another pack. There are so many important features missing (see my other post for which exactly). We need those.

This.
    On another note, I hope some pack in the future also comes with an option to build your own apartments and townhouses like in TS2. I really want my Sims to share a bunch of townhouses, but be their own households.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I don’t think they should combine farming with generations. If they do several farm animals, a few new crops, a large world with room for farms, possibly things to make a fair, and a farmers market and produce bins we can use in stores, not to mention stuff for barns and farm equipment, and a sewing machine ( hopefully with a color wheel.
    There just wouldn’t be rumoom for generations in a pack like that.

In generations I would like to see some group activities like volleyball, family hiking, and bike riding too. Children should have bikes and skate boards and razors. Children being able to play together without an object like tag etc. play ground equipment, and some things like hopscotch, and 4 square for kids, trikes for toddlers. Several family games, canes/walkers for elders, a couple of activities like bingo, shuffle board or croquet. real babies, and furniture for them. possibly a new toy maker invention. I loved sims 2’s toy maker., I’d like to see ride on’s and push toys for toddlers, they should also be able to roll a ball to someone. For kids and older, I think they should be able to throw a baseball to each other ( or an adult ) with a ball and mitt, and a baseball and mitt clutter for shelves, dressers, tables and kitchen cabinets ( I sometimes use those in kids rooms too ), a football clutter, and for them to be able to toss and kick a football . I’d like baby dolls and rag dolls that children could play with too, and sit on their shelves dressers, tables and cabinets.this might be a good pack to add regular diving boards and slides for pools, also games like Marco Polo, pool volleyball etc. and tossing an object into a pool to dive in and go under water to find.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I don’t think they should combine farming with generations. If they do several farm animals, a few new crops, a large world with room for farms, possibly things to make a fair, and a farmers market and produce bins we can use in stores, not to mention stuff for barns and farm equipment, and a sewing machine ( hopefully with a color wheel.
    There just wouldn’t be rumoom for generations in a pack like that.

In generations I would like to see some group activities like volleyball, family hiking, and bike riding too. Children should have bikes and skate boards and razors. Children being able to play together without an object like tag etc. play ground equipment, and some things like hopscotch, and 4 square for kids, trikes for toddlers. Several family games, canes/walkers for elders, a couple of activities like bingo, shuffle board or croquet. real babies, and furniture for them. possibly a new toy maker invention. I loved sims 2’s toy maker., I’d like to see ride on’s and push toys for toddlers, they should also be able to roll a ball to someone. For kids and older, I think they should be able to throw a baseball to each other ( or an adult ) with a ball and mitt, and a baseball and mitt clutter for shelves, dressers, tables and kitchen cabinets ( I sometimes use those in kids rooms too ), a football clutter, and for them to be able to toss and kick a football . I’d like baby dolls and rag dolls that children could play with too, and sit on their shelves dressers, tables and cabinets.this might be a good pack to add regular diving boards and slides for pools, also games like Marco Polo, pool volleyball etc. and tossing an object into a pool to dive in and go under water to find.

I love all of your ideas, would like everything for my gameplay!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I think it would be an opportunity to go deeper on the age stages.
    I would particularly like see something done about their 19-going-on-20-the-first-day-of-becoming-a-teen sims.

The first thing I want to do with teen sims is kick them out the house because they look so old.
    Their immediate focus is University. I need a stage between child and teen where they look like they are ready to explore the early stages of teen life instead of looking like they missed it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd like to see a world, otherwise I'll give it a pass again