Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated tonight, bad results...

What happened? Couldn't go up to the second floor, put windows, put up/down the walls, in both build and live mode. Controller is great, the arrows work to go through the gallery, just specifically in build/buy. Tried loading much, but this is still... The Calientes' home remains a metal box!

NOTE: Did they put a new texture PS4? Skin is less patchy, except for some custom, but I don't care this much when it's patchy.

Comments

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    The walls thing was there in the previous update. I was having trouble with it too.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    animevamp wrote: »
    The walls thing was there in the previous update. I was having trouble with it too.

Any solutions?
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited April 2021
    animevamp wrote: »

Any solutions?

Here is the official bug report for it, there's a lot of information about it in there: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-PS-NEED-SAVES-Can-t-raise-or-Lower-walls-use-D-Pad-Patch-1-39/m-p/10188183/highlight/true#M179881

For now, I've had to restart the game though if it does it, only happened once to me.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    What @eternalrainn said. Only had this bug hit me once. I just ended up shutting everything down as normal and when I started the game up next it was running ok.
    edited April 2021
    @animevamp @eternalrainn Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately, mine is 100%. Appreciate the link, I could've wrote that, exactly what I'm experiencing. EDIT: Great that they are on it, already!
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I think it depends on what platform your playing on. I am on xbox one x and I also have the bug every time. You can delete Your saves and start a new game and it will be gone but it will happen again sooner or later. It never really fixes it. I am getting ready to start a new game and have My sims live outside, no walls but a few for decorations and no up/down floors. I had to take off seasons to do this but it sounds like a challenge and something I have never done before so We will see how this works out.
    edited May 2021
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I think it depends on what platform your playing on. I am on xbox one x and I also have the bug every time. You can delete Your saves and start a new game and it will be gone but it will happen again sooner or later. It never really fixes it. I am getting ready to start a new game and have My sims live outside, no walls but a few for decorations and no up/down floors. I had to take off seasons to do this but it sounds like a challenge and something I have never done before so We will see how this works out.

They can be bums at the Spice Market. Done that in the past, food stalls, toilets, and there are boxes, mags to make them simoleons. EDIT: Think it is posters, not magazines? I.D.K.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    What happened? Couldn't go up to the second floor, put windows, put up/down the walls, in both build and live mode. Controller is great, the arrows work to go through the gallery, just specifically in build/buy. Tried loading much, but this is still... The Calientes' home remains a metal box!

NOTE: Did they put a new texture PS4? Skin is less patchy, except for some custom, but I don't care this much when it's patchy.

The walls are bugged at the moment. Every so often I have to go back to the main menu and load my save again to get them working again. Same for moving up and down floors. It's so frustrating.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited June 2021
    The not being able to put walls up/down and such has been bugging me for a while, a few months now actually. I have to go into Free Cam mode to put walls up and down and then come out of it. Of course free cam isn’t available during build/buy IIRC so it’s only a temp fix in Live Mode sadly.
    they/them or she/her
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I had that same issue with the PS4 version with not being able to go floor up or down nor walls up or down right after the last patch or the patch before. Since it's still happening, now I'm a bit concerned about this happening again in my PS4 game. I had waited a week or two the last time before playing again and the problem seem to have disappeared on it's own. :(
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I'm not sure which update caused the problems. It's been a few months since I've played the game. But as of late, I've had the wall/floor issue a few times. I've also had the game freeze and lock up on a regular. Issues with lag.. This game has almost been unplayable on my PS5.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Update: I had played the game with an old save since the Sims Session patch and not had the issue with not being able to switch between floors or put the walls up or take them down yet.