Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Six new hair colors coming in a future patch

pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
I know we already had this info leaked, so it isn't "new", but I grabbed screenshots of the upcoming new hair colors they previewed during the livestream and figured I'd share them here in case anyone didn't catch the stream. :)

NIfddX4.png
KDYyO5s.png
Rfybsq3.png
UC5ZfmQ.png
KCRF3Tv.png
4OpqqfV.png
Post edited by pinneduphair on

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Finally some realistic brown and blonde hair colors! :)
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Thank you for sharing this @hyrulerose I wasn't able to watch, and really wanted to see the new colours.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Oh god they look beautiful!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    You have to wonder why this wasn't made much sooner. Should have been in the BG since the start.

Anyways, I've wanted hair colors like this forever, it's nice to see we're getting them...even 7 years into the game xD I'm going to use the third blond, second brown and the true black so much. The others look great too though and finally a white that is actually white.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yay! Better blondes!!! And one is white, finally!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I am most excited about this.. and the new eye presets also looked good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    You have to wonder why this wasn't made much sooner. Should have been in the BG since the start.

Anyways, I've wanted hair colors like this forever, it's nice to see we're getting them...even 7 years into the game xD I'm going to use the third blond, second brown and the true black so much.

Yeah honestly, I agree. I mean, I'm glad to see these new hair colors, but it was always a bit shocking how limited TS4's hair color options have been. The Sims of all games should have extensive character customization, just on the basis of the kind of game The Sims is. But I feel like there's a number of games that are much less creativity-focused and yet have better hair color options.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't use very many Maxis hairs because I'm not so fond of the "clay" thing, but I love the fact that an actual black color is coming!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Finally a decent light blonde color, my blonde sims are gonna love it!
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Anyways, I've wanted hair colors like this forever, it's nice to see we're getting them...even 7 years into the game xD I'm going to use the third blond, second brown and the true black so much. The others look great too though and finally a white that is actually white.

A LOT of things should have been basegame, to be fair.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    The first brown has a tendency to look like it's graying. I has hoping for a more true light brown hair. You know, the one in the blond category in RL. Not the chestnut brown color we have.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited April 2021
    oh well i don't think my sims shall have too many babies before next patch as I might want to change haircolors for them and :scream:

I wonder for hairs with accessories what color accessories will these haircolors have hmmm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you for the pictures. The hair colors look good, I wish they could have shown them on more hairstyles though.

The last update broke cc chairs, I hope that this update will not break cc hairs...
  • LixLix Posts: 5 New Member
    Finally! I love the blonde ones
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I can't wait !! Finally decent blonde colors and a real black hair
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I am looking forward to the next update. Finally more brown hairs. :grin:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I'm looking forward to this for sure! We've needed more hair colors for ages, and those are lovely!

Not looking forward to all my favorite CC hair probably breaking but meh, I'll cross that bridge when the time comes :D
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Love that we're getting new hair colours... but only six? Meh. It seems like a good starting point, but I would still like to see more. I can only hope the developers will continue to add more in the coming patches.

We definitely need more unnatural hair colours too.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    I love the new colors :)

Just hoping they would add few to the red hair too :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I must admit I never missed any more hair colors (or skin colors for that matter), but now that we get them I agree they look good. And variety is always fine, I guess. I'm a bit concerned with how this might affect CC hair, though. TS4 seems to add a chance of picking the "next color in line" for kids. Hopefully DNA will make sense no matter whether it's EA or CC hair ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Not looking forward to all my favorite CC hair probably breaking but meh, I'll cross that bridge when the time comes :D

Oh nooo I hadn't even thought of that :D I use CC hair most of the time these days so yeah, it won't feel good saying goodbye to old favorites if they get broken and the creator is no longer updating.
    hyrulerose wrote: »

Oh nooo I hadn't even thought of that :D I use CC hair most of the time these days so yeah, it won't feel good saying goodbye to old favorites if they get broken and the creator is no longer updating.

Default replacements might suffer, but as far as I know, others should be ok. I could be wrong, but I sure hope I'm not. :o
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Default replacements might suffer, but as far as I know, others should be ok. I could be wrong, but I sure hope I'm not. :o

@VeeDub That's good to know, I don't really understand how this all works. I want to be so excited about new hair colors, but CC hair is my weakness, and it would be very difficult for me to have that stop working. So basically you're saying that all CC hair would be fine, but wouldn't have any new color options essentially, unless the CC creator updated them?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited April 2021
    I love the new colors :)

Just hoping they would add few to the red hair too :)
    A strawberry blond would be nice.
    VeeDub wrote: »

@VeeDub That's good to know, I don't really understand how this all works. I want to be so excited about new hair colors, but CC hair is my weakness, and it would be very difficult for me to have that stop working. So basically you're saying that all CC hair would be fine, but wouldn't have any new color options essentially, unless the CC creator updated them?

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, that's how it should work out. I haven't seen any reports of broken CC hairs yet, so hopefully all will be well with them. I'm with you on the CC hair weakness, lol. I rely on them in my game even though I also use some Maxis ones as well.