Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next occult coming up...?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    That they may be coming isn't actually news though, isn't it. We always knew more occults may be coming. I was a little irritated that they mentioned zombies. Unlike faries and werewolves, I didn't hear many people ask for those.

Same here. I am really hoping for werewolves and fairies to return. Even genies would be a welcome addition. But zombies? Genies and real plantsims are definitely mentioned more than zombies. I don't like the idea of zombies. I hope if they ever come, they get their own pack so I can easily avoid them. Let's just say I enjoy the living supernatural beings, not the undead.

Zombies in TS3 were gross. Hope they restrict them to graveyards if they come back to TS4, I don't want them ruining my sim's gardens.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Zombies in TS3 creeped me out. I called the "inflected" sims from Strangerville zombies, and those are all the zombies I need! Though mummies are zombies and they would be cool.

I'm not interested in better plant sims or aliens. I do wish we had other types of water based occults, like selkies!

For me, the fairy need is met with the little glowy things in Sylvan glade, the little glowy things in discover university, the little glowy things in Komorebi, the island spirits in island living, etc. All I really want is wings to cosplay with. That's it. Just some pixie stuff in CAS.

I would love for some elemental based occults stuff. I was hoping spellcasters would be more weather based or elemental based. They can freeze and set fire to things, and mermaid can change the weather. But I would love to be able to make benders, (water, fire, earth, water) like in Avatar.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hopefully they don't make Zombies Vegetarians in the Sims 4 like they did in the Sims 3, honestly that was the worst part of sims zombies, we all know it was a shameless ad for EA's Plants vs Zombies a mobile game that nobody here even plays, personally I don't even consider mobile games to be real games, since most of them don't even look like their ads.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I want fairies and other occults more than zombies or werewolves. I actually rarely play with occults but I hope to change that. If a fairies pack came out I think I will genuinely enjoy playing with them. I hope it ties in well with realm of magic and maybe be executed better.

I don't know what it is but when I played with rom I didn't feel like it was much fun. Maybe cause my sims didn't have jobs (It was hard to imagine a good job that would make sense for spellcasters). But it seemed easy to learn all the spells and idk it just didn't feel fulfilling I guess.

I haven't played with vampires yet but maybe it is way more fun and satisfying. I still feel that I'm not sure what job makes sense for occult sims. Maybe for vampires a bartender or some sort of night job would make sense but there isn't any jobs like that.

I think vampires are the best pack. And as far as a job have them do freelance work. Then they can choose their own hours.
  • Options
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I want fairies and other occults more than zombies or werewolves. I actually rarely play with occults but I hope to change that. If a fairies pack came out I think I will genuinely enjoy playing with them. I hope it ties in well with realm of magic and maybe be executed better.

I don't know what it is but when I played with rom I didn't feel like it was much fun. Maybe cause my sims didn't have jobs (It was hard to imagine a good job that would make sense for spellcasters). But it seemed easy to learn all the spells and idk it just didn't feel fulfilling I guess.

I haven't played with vampires yet but maybe it is way more fun and satisfying. I still feel that I'm not sure what job makes sense for occult sims. Maybe for vampires a bartender or some sort of night job would make sense but there isn't any jobs like that.

I think vampires are the best pack. And as far as a job have them do freelance work. Then they can choose their own hours.

My Vampires usually become ghost hunters to keep up the masquerade.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    My "must have" occults are Werewolves and Faeries. I just don't feel like Sims 4 will be complete without them. So if I had any say, I'd be releasing one of them come September/October (probably Werewolves though, since they seem to suit the fall season well.) And as much as I really want Superheroes, I don't feel they're as likely to come as other occults.

But honestly? At this point, I'd be up for genies, updated plant sims, or even zombies as far as occults go. I know we got Paranormal at the beginning of this year, but I'm really hoping they're secretly workin on some... literally any occult for a September/October release. Unless they choose to switch the schedule up and give us an occult lifestate in 2022? (Instead of waiting for 2023.) It's been 2 years since we last got a new occult LIFE STATE and I think it's well past due time for another.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    They totally destroid vampires by nerfing them down, werewolves could make an interesting adversarys to vampires, but it is not likely since vampires are in a seperate pack, so I don't know maybe Frankensteins monster?!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Anything but zombies I hated those things in sims 3. Fairies I would prefer. Werewolves I would only get if it includes body hair and a good world cas&bb items. I rarely play occults so usually I buy the packs for the world and cas&bb items. I don’t mind occults in my world I just don’t like the hassle of playing them especially in sims 4 with the tree skill system.
  • Options
    Peral wrote: »
    They totally destroid vampires by nerfing them down, werewolves could make an interesting adversarys to vampires, but it is not likely since vampires are in a seperate pack, so I don't know maybe Frankensteins monster?!

you can already make Frankenstein monsters if you have both Vampires and Get Famous packs, super strong undead plus stitches. also replace coffins with those high tech pods.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Peral wrote: »

you can already make Frankenstein monsters if you have both Vampires and Get Famous packs, super strong undead plus stitches. also replace coffins with those high tech pods.

Frankensteins monster was on the top of my mind, but considering it more closely there could be some gameplay in it. Your Sim building a Sim, what ever that meen. Other Sims hating it coming over with pitchforces and torches
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    There's been talk about a Gamepack getting an update with new features, if it were Strangerville there could be more inter-pack inclusiveness for the Story, as well as probably giving us enhanced plantsims (think something like the Sims 3 Plantsims, but given elements of the Bizarre Plants and maybe even the Motherplant[forgive the spoiler]). In the Sims 3, plantsims's had multiple interactions through spores that could influence other sims, the revamped plantsims could perhaps be given an enhanced version of this, similar to how the spores of Bizarre Plants can affect sims but not just to control them, but perhaps do all kinds of things.
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    The new zooming function maybe the preparation of fairies.
    As the fairies are very tiny, without that new zooming function, we can’t find them in our lot!
    Isn’t it?🤩
  • Options
    There's been talk about a Gamepack getting an update with new features, if it were Strangerville there could be more inter-pack inclusiveness for the Story, as well as probably giving us enhanced plantsims (think something like the Sims 3 Plantsims, but given elements of the Bizarre Plants and maybe even the Motherplant[forgive the spoiler]). In the Sims 3, plantsims's had multiple interactions through spores that could influence other sims, the revamped plantsims could perhaps be given an enhanced version of this, similar to how the spores of Bizarre Plants can affect sims but not just to control them, but perhaps do all kinds of things.

like regular plant sims and alien plant sims?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Arca wrote: »
    The new zooming function maybe the preparation of fairies.
    As the fairies are very tiny, without that new zooming function, we can’t find them in our lot!
    Isn’t it?🤩

I want an itsy bitsy tiny fat and mischievous fairy. :smiley:
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’m hoping for fairies!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    For our next occult... while I think Fairies would be nice, after the super sweet prettiness of CoL, I think going the opposite and having hairy gritty snarly gnarly werewolves would be better. >:)

Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE CoL, but having the next occult be super sweet pretty fairies would be too much, 'cause I really doubt they'd give us gnarly gritty fang-gnashing fairies :o
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    For our next occult... while I think Fairies would be nice, after the super sweet prettiness of CoL, I think going the opposite and having hairy gritty snarly gnarly werewolves would be better. >:)

Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE CoL, but having the next occult be super sweet pretty fairies would be too much, 'cause I really doubt they'd give us gnarly gritty fang-gnashing fairies :o

Despite knowing you're probably right, I keep holding out hope for Redcaps... and Spriggans... and Swamp Hags...
    Except that thanks to the Victorians, most people wouldn't believe that these were real fairies...
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Isharell wrote: »

Despite knowing you're probably right, I keep holding out hope for Redcaps... and Spriggans... and Swamp Hags...
    Except that thanks to the Victorians, most people wouldn't believe that these were real fairies...
    I defintely know what you mean. While I would love to see all of the ones you mentioned, I doubt we'll get them either. But as long as they give us a way to represent both the Seelie and Unseelie court I'm good. They won't give us the court systems I'm sure, but I'd hope they give us a few darkly-iclined powers we can choose in addition to some of the "good" ones.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021
    To those that hated zombies in ts3 NO occult in ts4 is a replica of ts3. Even if they don't eat sims I highly highly doubt they will eat your garden. Your plants are safe. Every occult has been done differently. Especially since I'm sure they are aware how much simmers hated the plant eating.
    I would hope zombies could at least bite a sim like vampires.
    Either way not everyone wants zombies but not everyone wants all of anything. But for those fellow zombie fans out there they have a lot of potential!!
    I keep envisioning this post apocalyptic world they sims can rebuild, survivors can be rescued. Zombie break in lot challenge. Doors can be barricaded.
    Witches can rise them from the dead for an undead army. I would love them to work with moon phases. 🤭🤭 hide from zombies interaction.
    They could even go the walking dead route. 🧟‍♂️
    Would be super interesting to play as one also!

Also super excited to see what they have planned for wearwolves!! I still believe that's what they are saving body hair for.
    Not too into fairies...

In terms of which one is coming first I think it's fairies based on all the hints
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm team fairies, didn't particularly care for werewolves in past games they're my second least favourite occult just above aliens they don't interest me

I don't care for werewolves either. I'm not into them past what we already have. However, if they have to waste a pack on it, I'd rather have fairies. At least they are beautiful. I played with mermaids and vampires in the Sims3, but dabbled with fairies seldom. I did however enjoy choosing how to make them in CAS and the Sims3 did give players loads of wings ect to make them, which after looking at the farming pack, I'm sure we won't get. I wouldn't mind the plant sim although I wouldn't use it much. I loved mermaids in the Sims3 because the underwater areas gave them places to go and things to do and it was exciting seeing them underwater. I'm glad they're in the Sims4, but I don't really use them because they really don't have a place to go underwater.
  • Options
    Aren't plant sims Spriggans? Sorry if I messed up on the lore but the ones I know of are from the elder scrolls.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited August 2021
    Aren't plant sims Spriggans? Sorry if I messed up on the lore but the ones I know of are from the elder scrolls.

Not sure what they're like in Elder Scrolls, but in folklore they're small, wizened creatures usually found in ruins and around burial mounds. They look small, but they have giant strength and they can make a noise like a giant when they walk. They're also ill tempered and like playing mean/cruel jokes on humans.

Sigh. sometimes I don't know who I'm more dissapointed in... the Victorians, for reducing Faerie to the Tinkerbell model, or Game Developers who grab names out of mythology or folklore for creatures that are nothing like (This goes all the way back to Gygax... my first pass through the Monster Manual had a lot of "are you kidding me?" and I was 12 at the time.)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really hope the next big pack will be something more out there and unexpected. I'm bored to tears with samey mundane packs
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm hoping for zombies, in particular. I loved my zombies in Sims2.
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    If The Sims 4 ever gets another occult, it's obviously going to be fairies, and the reasons are simple:
    1. They are the lowest effort occult to implement as far as what we have left : all it takes is adding sparkly wings to CAS humans basically. And reuse certain magic spell/potion effects for their abilities.
    2. They are very popular amongst girls/young women which are a big chunk of the current playerbase.