Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Paintings in Sims 4

My favourite Sims hobby is painting and I am often jealous of the beautiful works of art that my Sims create and I definitely have my favourites that get displayed without hesitation. I also like how some of them are spins on real life paintings.

Do you have any favourite Sims 4 paintings? I'd love to see them, so please post them below so we can all "admire together :heart:".

(It would be helpful if you could include the style of painting too (i.e. classic, abstract, landscape etc.) incase anyone wants to try and find them in their own game, but don't worry too much if you don't know.)

P.s. I couldn't see any threads like this one, if there are please point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I really like the white kitty in the confident section. I like the 2 parrots but I can't remember what section I had her paint from.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    The bizarre surrealism paintings would be my favorites.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    SamyJade008SamyJade008 Posts: 3 New Member
    hi how do I become a member
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited April 2021
    hi how do I become a member

Hi @SamyJade008 to be a full member you need to have an account that is atleast 24 hours old and have 15 posts and 25 points.
    This guide should help:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983330/a-welcome-guide-for-new-simmers

Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    @DragonAge_300905 The confident kitty painting is very cute, although I think it looks a little like a seal. :smile:

@Ray_Trace I love the surrealism paintings too, some of them are very strange.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    My SIM did one that I absolutely loved but have never seen again - it was a large canvas but I can't remember the category and it was this really dark, atmospheric piece that looked like an old castle in the rain. I don't have the save anymore 😭

In my current save, the small realism canvases are awesome, especially the car and the volcano!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I like landscapes, and abstract paintings usually, but it does depend on the family too, but my absolute favorites are ones my sims paint of family members or places they go. Moving a good painter and or photographer in for weddings and things works well too. I also made a portrait sudiio below the museum in Del Sol Valley with different backdrops for pictures, it was made for photography, but my painter sims could take their easel, and do osintings too.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have two favorites I always keep if I can get them. The first one is quite rare, it doesn't come up very often so it's special to me whenever it does come up. It's a medium Classic of a Freezer Bunny in a forest peeking from behind one of the trees. I like to put it in nurseries. I just think it's adorable. The other one is a Flirty painting with silhouettes of a llama and the Freezer Bunny again. I don't know why, I just love it!

iEMoOUZ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @MagicaCat Oh no! :disappointed: I don't recall that painting, but if I ever come across a dark atmospheric castle painting I'll let you know. :smile:

@SheriSim57 I love the reference paintings too! Having a painter at a wedding is a really good idea, and it would make a lovely wedding present too.

@Karababy52 Oops! I didn't realise that freezer bunny painting was rare, I always get rid of it. Putting it in a nursery is a good idea though. :smile: I've never seen that silhouette painting before!

Here are another few I really like:
    PxQI1G8.jpg

From left to right: Surrealism, abstract, and realism.
    (I've run out of wall space, so they are on the floor for now).
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    @MagicaCat Oh no! :disappointed: I don't recall that painting, but if I ever come across a dark atmospheric castle painting I'll let you know. :smile:

Ah thank you! I'm sure I'll stumble across it again some day ^^

That realism painting of yours is gorgeous!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited April 2021
    I like so many of the paintings, but some are quite rare. I used to have an art gallery in game, but I lost that save. I have a few of my favourites in a retail store:

0y1dHi5.jpg

Impressionism - Classics - Classics - Classics/Flirty - Realism - Classics/Classics - Classics

In the first picture, I really love the painting of the lady in black and white on the right (PopArt). And the rest is just to show that I have a weird obsession with ALL the small paintings in the game. :D

eKQZr26.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Sims 4 paintings are really beautiful... (Hopefully one day we will have them as CC for sims 2) but now I want to make an artist sim!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Kind of cliche, but I like all the black, white and red pop art paintings :)

• Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    edited April 2021
    The “Girl with the Pearl Earring” and the Renaissance like painting are my favorite!
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Here's a couple more favorites. The first one reminds me of Brindleton Bay, I think it's a Realism, not sure. It showed up way before Cats & Dogs was released, so perhaps it was foreshadowing that pack. The Devs like to say they don't hint, but we all know they do. ;)

The second one I'd never seen before until my Rags to Riches Paranormal Sim painted it a couple months ago. Her eyes and exaggerated body/hair style seemed appropriately creepy to hang on the wall of her haunted house in Forgotten Hollow. Kind of reminds me of the dolls in that pack too. I don't remember, but I think it's Pop Art?

56bX2DQ.png
    Oops! I didn't realise that freezer bunny painting was rare, I always get rid of it. Putting it in a nursery is a good idea though. :smile: I've never seen that silhouette painting before!

I'm guessing you don't like it since you always get rid of it. :D Oh well, we all have our own artistic tastes in paintings. The Flirty silhouette one shows up frequently for my Sims for some reason. I don't mind though because I love it. Thanks for this thread by the way, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :)
  • Options
    @Netzspannung Ooh so many lovely paintings. I really like the lady in black and white too, I'll have to obsessively paint Pop Art until I get it (it would be perfect for my Stylist sim). I really like the small painting of the flowers with the blue sky background, do you remember what type it is please?

@mightysprite Not cliché at all, those are some of the best in my opinion! :smile:

@iamoz96 I know the ones you mean, and they are beautiful.

@Karababy52 That first painting is stunning! No, not such a fan of poor old freezer bunny I'm afraid, but if I do get that painting again I'll save it for a nursery. Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it, so am I. :smile:

Oops, nearly forgot to add my own...
    Here is one of my favourite (classic paintings) that usually finds it's way onto the kitchen wall.
    aHAXcwO.jpg
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema It's a Realism paining.

HWKk4Utl.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    @Netzspannung Thank you so much! I will also obsessively paint realism. :lol:
  • Options
    I also really like the emotional paintings, this "sad" painting is one of my favourites.

sjiy0Bs.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow, thanks for posting pics. Some of these paintings I have never seen before. Love the freezer bunny ones!

I try to get my sims painting a big variety but I mostly use the large size, I need to try some of the others.
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 256 Member
    Did you know that if you paint and hang the paintings in a room, you can save said room into your gallery then use those paintings in any save?! I just found that out! Thought I'd pass on the tid bit of info!
  • Options
    Thank you @monjr8302 super helpful tip! I'll definitely be doing this in future!
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Here is one my Sim recently did, I think whoever the women in the painting is is beautiful and I am planning on creating a Sim based on her.
    1zAXK14.jpg

I believe this was a large classic painting, and my Sim has maxed her painting skill.

She is pretty, will you put her in the gallery?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I haven’t seen a lot of these pictures. You all have me wanting to rotate back to one of my sims that paint.