Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• BiohazardCatBiohazardCat Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you Sims team!
    > @Jaxzin said:
    > Hello, I've been a long time lover of the sims since the third game came out. One of my biggest hopes is to get more inclusivity in the game.
    >
    > Disabilities:
    > -One of the things that I have been asking for years is for handicap and disabled people to be added to the game. Not only would it make people feel better but what i'm thinking is an update to the doctor career to go with it.
    > -Elders could be diagnosed with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's which would help game play as you would get health bills from the doctor and the younger generations would either have to hire a nurse or help the elder them selfs (which could also bring in the idea of a group home [ELDER. PACK.])
    > -Disabilities and diseases could give the hospital more gameplay and a reason to actually have your sims be healthy
    > -Also something like dyslexia or ADHD could be a thing to add to that children can be diagnosed with, which would mean they struggle more in school
    > -Mental Health could also be awesome to have (teens have the phases with one of them being sad but really It's not the best representation of it)
    > -Some women could go to the doctor and find out that they can't have children (if the woman had the 'hates children' or 'noncommittal' trait she would be happy while women with the 'family oriented' trait or the family aspirations could go through sadness just like the grief emotion.
    >
    > Much Love <3

I'm sorry Jaxzin but I would absolutely hate to have this in the game. As someone who is a carer for a disabled person with dementia, someone who is Neurodeivergent and has ADHD, has parents with PTSD and chronic illnesses, I would hate this. I never want people to experience the things I or my loved ones experience. The person I care for hates their situation, I struggle daily. It's not gameplay, it's not something fun to add to the Sims. It's real life trauma for some people. There are optional mods for a reason - for those people who want to include this gameplay in their own PERSONAL games.
  • MissmesimmerMissmesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Stop manipulating players to get excited about the bare minimum such as naming a cow plant and robots being our helper friends. Most players do not care about that stuff. You seem to forget this is life simulation. The main part of that is sims living and growing with family and friends. NPC do not progress they grow old and die with no family or marriage. We have empty towns unfilled because nobody wants to spend hours in cas and build/buy for a NPC neighbor that is just going to die. It is unfair you make us pay 40 bucks for the bare minimum. Giving us stuff we never asked for. Like bags on the head in eco living. We want family growth. Scandal . Activities that are not redundant . Hmm maybe including generations expansion pack could fix all that. But wait knowing you simgurus we will only get 2 to 3 features. No replay value.

I could go on but I won't.

Also the randomized townies dress horrible and look horrible.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    Can you all make an update to Gallery so that if you download a lot or Sim and check the “includes custom content” button, the thing you download ACTUALLY has the custom content that was used to create it? I think this would be an awesome feature.

I really liked when you all updated some buy mode decor items and made them functional, like the book things for example and turned them into little bookshelves! Can you do this for more items? There is a hamper object that could be an actual hamper now that we have the laundry feature and other objects like that. There is a basketball decor object that Sims could bounce kinda like how you all did the soccer ball from DU. I would like to see more decor objects turn functional.

Can you all look into the balcony in the Eco Lifestyle apartment one more time and see if you can make it functional?
  • PkpgropdPkpgropd Posts: 5 New Member
    My main question/concern is why does it seem like the franchise is moving towards such a child-friendly, infantile image especially lately? First the Journey to Batuu trailer that would fit right at home on Nick Junior, then the emoji-ghosts (versus the eerie ghosties we had in TS3 Ambitions) and now the stupidly cartoonish dust bunnies that take away from the slice-of-life feeling of the kit. I get that the franchise always had a fairly goofy, cartoony charm to it, but in the past such outlandishness almost always came with funny visceral twists, like Bonehilda being alcoholic or the social bunny being incidentally creepy. Instead now we have so much stuff that are cute just for the sake of being cute and feel more like catering to a 6-7 year old public, with little to no hilarious twist. It all just feels unpleasantly childish and this is disappointing. This is still a teen-rated game! It should not be dumbed down to a child app game where it's all sunshine and rainbows, otherwise you're alienating a big portion of your actual public.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well, this was a bold thing to organize EA_Leeloo (in a good way though). Your attempt at communicating WITH the player community is appreciated. But I can't help but think that, based on a lot of comments here, the concerns players have will come across as a wish list. They are, however, a collection of missed opportunities and unrealized potential experienced by your customers based on previous experiences with older iterations of the franchise as well as expectations of what could and should be added using advancements in technology since the inception of the original game for the money they pay. As long as these concerns aren't addressed and solved people will continuously be met with disappointment and the game will not make the profit that it could earn. Even if the game is doing financially well for you, it could have done more, it could have done better, and the lack of that is what people are taking the opportunity right here and now to point out. The demand is right here, where is the supply?

And I'll just add to the deluge of concerns with one of my own: The blatant sexism in your game. From marketing making male uninteresting trailers (often featuring a male sims getting hurt or failing something for supposedly funny reasons), CAS having no size adjustable bulge on a sim's crotch (a bulge there is a perfectly normal anatomical feature), lack of clothing and hairstyles compared to female sims, lack of new CAS assets released compared to female sims in new content, having a lot of the male/masculine CAS assets labeled as 'feminine' for female sims (further diminishing pure masculine style options), merlads/men incorrectly labeled as mermaid, a lot of the base game's high end basic furniture with the best stats belong to a set from one Princess Cordelia which isn't all that appealing to me for male sims who also want furniture with the highest stats – where's her twin brother prince Cody's stuff?, The Chronicles of Dress-Up wardrobe and shoe racks being 'hers' or 'his and hers' but not having a 'his' version (the base game at least came with 'his' or 'her' versions shoe racks and coat racks, and that superhero (sidekick apparently even) cocksuit for male sims was someone's idea for a funny pun? And for a game where the production team pride themselves on inclusion and representation it's just sad and weird that 50% of the world population isn't properly represented with (aside from the bulge) body hair.

Also, out of related interest, during the last 411 you showed us the work that's being done on the 'big' afro. Which looks fantastic, I can see that a lot of work and thought went into it and it's certainly a vast improvement over that wad of chewing gum that has been adorning some of my sims (although we should keep the old version for the clown hair it really was, you know, for actual clown sims). So... the real thing I'm wondering, now that the feminine version has been revealed, what is the obviously differently styled masculine version going to look like... I mean, you did a lot of consulting with various people on the approach for the upgrade, right? Did that also include anyone with knowledge on 'big' afro styles for men? Because what has been shown isn't a masculine style.
  • lexystarr17lexystarr17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims Team! In the case of a 411, I think the sims should have werewolves, fairies, improved babies, singing career/concerts, maternal outfits for female sims during pregnancy, royalty families, and pronouns/genders options. It would be really cool if you guys would team up other mods and cc creators to help with traits, personalities, creations, and future packs etc.

My concerns: Babies in the sims have a black icon when they are born and orders at restaurants take a very long but nothing is coming out and my sims had to starve. I really do hope these bugs gets fixed soon.

And thats all I have in mind, I'm glad to share my opinions. 😁
  • janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    A lot of my concerns about the game have been addressed by other players here. I have been playing this game since the very first Sims game came out. I own every game, game pack, stuff pack, expansion pack, and now kit that has come out for the game. I have always loved playing but with Sims 4 you took away so much. There is little for children to do, babies aren't even worth playing anymore and even adult Sims don't have much fun these days. The gardening has been a mess, and I don't even travel with my Sims anymore because when I do my garden is destroyed. I feel that you give us new packs etc. but do not check first to see whether or not it works with what already exists. With each patch, expansion, game pack, stuff pack and now kits come more bugs and glitches. You keep adding to the game, which is great, but you are not actually going in and fixing faulty codes. If you are going to keep adding on to the game, why don't you fix what is broken first? Another thing that drives me crazy is that teens look exactly like adults. I never age my children up because once I do I can't tell one sim from another. It would be nice to have activities added, things like the kids playing tag and a pack similar to Free Time. I also feel you ignore older players such as myself who have been playing this game since day one. If you are going to keep Sims 4 going, then you really need to fix what is broken and pay attention to everyone, young and long time players alike.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The main thing I want is for the game to run well without noticeable bugs. I want to be able to go up stairs without a work around. I want my plants to grow properly. I want the wait staff to clean off my table in the restaurants so I can order dessert. I want plants to grow at the science lab without using a mod that makes my Sims work the night shift.

Beyond that I want packs to work together better. Clubs needs to be more consistently updated with activities from all packs. The same for holidays. Bust the dust should take into account the dirt around the house before giving an inspired mood. If there are messes made by children, trash on the floor, or spoiled food there should be no inspiration for having a clean house.

I want more activities for children and families to do together. I like the snow activities like building a snowpal, having a snowball fight, etc. I would like more to do along those lines. I want children to be able to play together, so it feels like they are actually friends. I want bikes for the kids too. I love the hiking in Snowy Escape, and would like to see that expanded to other worlds.

I want my Sims to have more unique personalities. I like what was done with the traits recently, except for the toilet pranking. I want my Sims to have an attraction system, and for it to be difficult to get Sims together who aren't attracted to each other.

I want babies to be updated so they can be held and rocked. I want changing tables, strollers, baby swings, etc. I want teens to be more noticeably different from adults. If they could just be half a head shorter. But I still want them to have the same wardrobe.

I want better weddings. Weddings are just atrocious. Can the Sims have a wedding venue where they sit down, listen to music,watch the wedding, and only get up for the reception? And can we please have slow dancing?

Other things I would like to see are bands that play a variety of music together, werewolves with the ability to turn into actual wolves, and hotels. I would like to have the possibility of illnesses leading to death. Only if the Sim doesn't take the medicine though.

Thank you for listening to us!
  • Triforce1006Triforce1006 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see another 6 month roadmap!
  • AprilAmaniAprilAmani Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 Carny Adventure, Sims 4 Big Top Circus, Sims 4 Jolly Jubilee. Be a ring master. Walk the tight rope without a net. Tame the lions. Whether you work as part of the carny crew or just want to enjoy the show and feed peanuts to the elephants with friends and family you can do all this in the next game pack. Oh and we’ve got pony rides for children and toddlers. Yup. Buy this new game pack. That’s what’s been on my mind.
  • TheSimsShelterTheSimsShelter Posts: 2 New Member
    [b]do not recycle animations.[/b]
    it is really demoralizing and boring to see the same animations applied to different objects in the game over and over again. Each object and interaction should have a new and smooth animation appropriate.

[b]!! I add a little note about teenagers.[/b] teenagers should be shorter than young adults!!
  • Chxcken24Chxcken24 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2021
    pls make the neighborhood open world so that we don’t have to go through a loading screen just to visit our neighbors. also i have legend edition and it has broken my heart to no longer have access to community, pls find sone way to let the legend edition community have access to it again even if it is limited

[all caps removed as per the forum rules - EA_Leeloo]
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
    Can I sell you something? What about Sims 4 Carny Island? Sims go there and they never age and seasons never change. Or we could leave it as Sims 4 Big Top Circus. I’d buy that. Period.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Since inclusion is on topics to discuss:

What is the Sims team plan of representing minority groups and inclusion with differently abled, different colored swatches for non-pale skin tones with CAS, representing different age groups, representing content that isn't stereotypical feminine, representing extrovert and outdoors and group lifestyles with gameplay, representing deviant and sandbox and storytelling players, and representing religions with a freeform tool like Seasonal events?

For differently abled I was thinking well supernaturals have been a way to represent them in the past, but curious if superheroes or carnivals would be a good addition for that and if a sims sign language would work. I adore the sliders for makeup, so would love that carried over for all of CAS and build/buy mode. I am not a girly girl, so would love more activities that aren't just the 1950s stay at home mom route for gameplay, but representing women with other goals in life as well. I really love sports and sci-fi and crafts and just doing activities with my friends outdoors. I grew up in a beach town, so did lots of outdoor activities such as boogie boarding, beach volleyball, biking, roller blades, and baseball. Being a deviant Simmer, I love consequences for things. Sims taught me how it began with a house fire and how good things can come out of bad circumstances. There are some mods I love like uncomfortable buffing negative buffs, so just having more balance would be nice because with Sims being a life simulation game, humans aren't perfect and full a wide range of emotions, so would love just having humanity represented in the game more. There are some sandbox elements I like such as working from home and running a business, but there are some storyline options like skill tree for supernaturals I like too. I never cared for notifications for storytelling and they often spam and distract me from playing the game too much. I rather experience the activity on my own for gameplay when possible. I like making my own stories, writing bios for my Sims, and experience the memory with them and their extended family members. I loved being able to toggle supernaturals and storytelling on and off for my stories. Being someone who is religious and knowing that one of the religions in the world has 200 types, I think it is impossible to represent even those without having a more freeform tool such as clubs. That way Sims can worship the mother or the cowplant if they want. I think it important to represent the non-pandemic lifestyle and allow Sims to travel to different areas of the Sims world more and with more vehicles. Nice to have previous lore represented and see how previous premades have progressed after 21+ years too.

As far as the different EA programs, will more diversity happen in the game changer program? How will tech be modernized with communication features to contact the Gurus and QA team better and with forums? Since a SimGuru confirmed Sims 4 being originally a MMO concept with the Sims Olympus, will the Sims 4 beginnings be discussed more? Is there anyway for EA to share the demographics of their games with the public? Will Maxis podcasts return? Ok I will stop there since probably enough questions. Dag dag and happy and pyro Simming.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • christineemannchristineemann Posts: 1 New Member
    I just don’t think the Sims 4 for now, have enough animals and our interactions with them not just cats and dogs. This is my main concern about this game. The game has a feature of playing with life and we can choose to play freely. I love the already beautiful maps, diverse sims and various activities to do as sims. With the limitations regarding animals, the goal is still not fulfilled. This might sounds to be like another content request, however, this problem can only be solved via the addition of content.
    With the global pandemic going on, living a natural and simple life, escaping from the cities had become a major trend. With the addition of farm living, animals, especially horses, will add new diversities and interactions.
    Another problem is that, although I love about the sentiment system, it’s still buggy and not quite realistic. I would love to have sims in ‘your sims’ file also have sentiments during interactions even when I’m playing with another sim.
    What about another collaboration? You’ve done Star Wars, Mochino, but what about some kind of Disney Collab like in Kingdom Hearts? I’d pay extra for that. The Sims 4 The Magic Kindom. Or very obviously The Sims 4 Down Town Disney or The Sims 4 World of Disney. Hey are y’all hiring for game pack, expansion pack idea pitchers. Part time?
  • simmer81818simmer81818 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think there should be zodiac signs in the game, they could bring new personalized characteristics and quirks
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hello Sims team. I'm sorry if my question was already mentioned, but I don't want to read 22 pages.

My first question is, why we don't have real christian things for the winterfest? Since you have introduce other religions and their things for the festive season, it seems to be unfair to me that the most important parts are left out. Same question goes to wiccan and other nature religions, why they don't have a representation?

My second question: Will we ever get a modern european kitchen? Or flat white curtains? How hard to make are the ceilings light? There are too little variety, they are either spot lights or too huge or too old fashioned.

Third question: Why do you give the twitter crowd so much attention?Jump over every bit and pieces they offer to you, especially when they are complain on behalf of their tiny twitter bubble? Would you consider to leave twitter because of their behaviour?
  • sledgehannahpallysledgehannahpally Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to give a contrast to the tons of complaints in this forum. I LOVE sims 4. I think it’s the best sim game so far. I love all the many many packs and all the features. I can tell you’ve tried to fix things that made previous sims games laggy, and I love that so much - sims 4 is so much less stressful to play than sims 3 (for example). The packs all interact with each other in a way that is an immense improvement on past sim games. I don’t expect you to get every pack right straight away, and I appreciate that you try to fix bugs when they’re found. I love that you keep improving things from old packs (and the base game) and releasing so much stuff for free. I can see you are trying hard to keep every culture, etc, represented, and I understand why you can’t add things like disabilities. I think you really do listen to us. I also understand that sims is a business, and businesses need to make money (or we wouldn’t have the sims) so I don’t begrudge you making so many packs - it gives us more content in the end.

Over all, I am pleased. There are some things I’m hoping you’ll add before sims 5 (horses, farms, cars, more occult’s, build a world - and island living part 2 so we have more water activities), but from my experience so far, I am pretty sure you will with time. You won’t add everything, but nothing can be perfect.

I don’t think the loud complaints in this thread represent the overall community of sims players - I think they’re a loud minority. That’s not meant to be an insult against them, as they’re entitled to their opinion, I just think most people are overall happy with sims 4 - sales show that. I am also surprised by how many of these complains point to tiny features of the game, which don’t affect much of overall gameplay. Each to their own, I just want sim gurus to know that a lot of us are really happy with Sims 4.
  • sledgehannahpallysledgehannahpally Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh I forgot - it would be great if teens weren’t as tall as their parents, though I understand why that might not be able to fixed until sims 5. One thing I hope you add in the end is being able to swim in all worlds....
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I know this is kinda a smaller detail but other people here have already said most of the things that I have thought as well.
    But I might add my 2 cents into this post as well. I feel like TS4 really needs body hair for Sims. Body hair is natural and almost everyone has it. But not the Sims. There is CC for that but it looks out of place if you play without any alpha CC. AND console players can't use that.
    It would add a lot of personality into Sims and make them look more unique.
  • mmiiaa246mmiiaa246 Posts: 1 New Member
    Too much "freedom" of gameplay gets very old, very fast. I'm expecting the game to entertain and surprise me, but I have to put in all of the work instead. And for what drama? A fist fight we can't even see? It's so child friendly, I'd even say baby friendly. A life simulation game of being an adult is too complex for a young child to play in the first place. Your audiences are mainly teens and adults! Cater to your audience please. Once again, it's a ~life simulation~ game. Life throws hard challenges at us, and the only challenges we experience playing the game is making sure our sims don't pee themselves.

A big issue is the shallow personalities of the sims, how all they do is eat, sleep or pee unless you tell them to do something else. And they can only have three personality traits?? Huh???

Some CAS suggestions:

- There's not many traits to choose from... or aspirations. It would be amazing if we could add more interesting traits. Ones in Sims 3 like absent-minded, inappropriate, irresistible, hydrophobic, frugal etc. I read in a different comment that aspirations are like sims tutorials, and I absolutely agree with that. We want interesting characters to play with! The dolls we played with as a child didn't have three personality traits.

- More LGBTQ+ representation. The option of choosing different pronouns/preferences would be great. All of our sims are just pansexual at the moment. Having a sim come out to their family would be interesting too.

- The option of pre-set skills! I want my adult sim to enter the world with a decent cooking ability. My adult sim is not a baby.

- More voice options and accents! I think everyone is tired of hearing the same American sims accent. They all sound like the same woman/man as well. It would be so cool to add more diversity into the voice options. Imagine a British sim! Or Australian! Haha!!

- It would be cool to have the ability to write a short backstory for each sim, or maybe a choice to set up the family tree (divorces, deaths, ancestors etc.) in CAS.

- More voice options and accents! I think everyone is tired of hearing the same American sims accent. They all sound like the same woman/man as well. It would be so cool to add more diversity into the voice options. Imagine a British sim! Or Australian! Haha!!

Also, we should not have to pay the price of a FULL GAME for an expansion pack that is buggy and not even that detailed. And game packs as well! We are NOT your test players. We are not dumb, we know we're being ripped off. We talk about it all the time. We just keep buying packs in hopes it would make the game more interesting. Barely. I remember buying expansion packs for the Sims 3 and I was never disappointed from the amount of detail that was put into them. It would keep me interested for weeks... So why don't I just play the Sims 3? Well all of it was on a disk! Yes the good old disks... which I obviously can't use now. So I would have to spend $500 on steam just to have a bloody good time on the sims.

tl;dr - gameplay/personality suggestions, price issues. :#
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Jashania wrote: »
    I noticed that I am getting notifications about my sims having nightmares. Is this a new thing in the patch or a hint for something?
    I think that came with the Paranormal pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why do the expansions continue to not expand the game but instead create endless mini games such as ocean swimming not available in all worlds or strays stuck only to the world they come in and so on the worlds I have filled with my Sims for years become stagnate useless and outdated and it really takes the fun out of the game. Old worlds need the option to be updated if not give us CAW and let us add those features into our worlds as they would be new saves.

We had a survey I believe which was last year that asked us which packs we wanted to see updated will anything ever come of this because seriously many need it especially the extremely limited Get to Work retail

Will the team ever truly prioritize a expansion pack for a life stage that is not a adult so that players can fully enjoy all life stages there is nothing fun about kids/teens being stuck in a rabbit hole school not being able to follow their daily life

The most important question ever how can the Sims team prioritize giving us a Star Wars pack with a flying space ship before giving us cars real babies or preteens

Last but not least we need memories real unique personalities and most importantly new animations to express them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top