Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th

Comments

• Maddi1099Maddi1099 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi Sims Team!
    First off, I certainly appreciate what you do and love this game, but it’s lacking in a few areas.
    1. The game feels more like a God Sim than a Life Sim. Most notably the townies are just there to complete some job requirement or aspiration. It would be nice to add more life to them, like them automatically getting married and having children (maybe even dress better?). Also, the jump between child and teen is the most noticeable, adding more life
  • kfaye11kfaye11 Posts: 1 New Member
    1. More crafting
    2. Make electric use in lighting more diverse (not all 10)
    3. More aspirations
    4. more traits, and lot traits
    5. more collections
    6. more things we can use to do challenges with
  • Joy_SimsPlay22Joy_SimsPlay22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello Sims Team,
    I have ideas for you all.
    1. Playable Events- Have elementary school and high school that is playable, college that you actually play and jobs that are playable as well- not just Get To Work. Also there should be religion involved for Sims on Sundays like church.
    2. Playable Babies and Better Toddler/ Children Traits & Aspirations- Moms should be able to hold there babies all the time maybe Mommy Yoga, having baby in swing or crib, walker or tummy time. Toddlers should have more traits because of the big personalities they have and Children should have better aspirations unlike the same 4 (creativity, mental, motor, & social)
    3. Better Actions for Parenthood- Parents should be able to do their child’s hair, pick out clothes for the day, actually make lunches that they actually eat in school (cute lunchboxes). Parents should be able to see their children off on a bus and come home like reality. I believe it should be more interaction of having better extracurricular activities like dance, ballet, soccer, football, basketball, choir etc that parents can actually see them doing and hollering from the sidelines. Also there should be a chance when a child acts up in school there should be a parent there to talk to principal.
    4. Bugs!!! - So Many Bugs in this game I can not count. I wish after each update it would freeze up the whole game.

Overall, you all should take our opinions into consideration because you haven’t every time we have expressed them. You have put us as players on a back burner and announcing new packs gets us disappointed because it is not what we asked for. We are the livelihood of Sims and our voices matter.
  • OctoBinxOctoBinx Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi Sims team!
    I hope you’re all well, and thank you for giving us this cool opportunity to chat to you guys about the game! :)

I’ll start by saying that I think these Sims 411s, Guru Garages and other forms of communication are really great and are appreciated by the community. The more the better! (Twitter hints for future content are also appreciated ;)
    I especially want to highlight the online surveys: whether it’s for a community voted pack or to help find out what players want to see in future content, the surveys definitely make players feel more included in the development process and that our voice and opinions do matter to an extent. They’re fun to do, and they generate excitement and hope for the future of The Sims! It’s especially gratifying to see the product of the surveys, like sentiments, come to the game.

I feel like I might already know the answer to this, but could you clarify why the Spark’d challenges tab has been taken off the Gallery?

Speaking of challenges, it’s one of the things I can see the Sims team have been working hard on in recent packs and I am so here for it! I really loved the challenge aspects that came with Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, and Paranormal stuff. Admittedly, the game often feels a bit too ‘easy’, but having to build within limitations to gain buffs or knit your heart out in order to unlock items is definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion :) we enjoy a good challenge!

Having the Spark’d challenges were also fantastic in that regard! And it’s a shame they’ve stopped. It would be wonderful to keep having challenges for players to participate in even if there was no reward or chance to compete in the show. It was a great way to see how creative fellow players can get, and to be inspired by them!

Also, will we ever see the return of Jasmine Holiday? :D

I wanna add how much I appreciate the continued efforts to make The Sims franchise more inclusive, keep it up! The more representation and diversity in the game the better :)

Lastly, I want to note how much I love Sims lore and that the return of Bonehilda was totally epic. The community love the lore of the franchise, so seeing iconic characters and items come back into the game is just totally awesome. So thank you!
  • Slimno_MakiSlimno_Maki Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi sims team!

I forgot to mention another feature the game should be add-on. Is it possible to package the whole apartment into one file to the library? I wish to have this feature so much because I can't package a completed apartment after the platform update. Although I can package them into several small rooms, some floor, wall papers, and items are disappeared when I put the rooms together. It's also a shame that we can't share a completed apartment to the gallery. Hope you guys will improve this feature. Have a good day!
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ice Hockey Teams (Also for kids ^^)
    🥅🏒

Figure Skating Competitions

Different skating-styles Not all-in-one as it is now - Ice hockey players don’t do pirouettes... 😂

Many, many more trophies to win and put on your lot 🏆🥇🥈🥉🏆

Carnivals 😃🎡🎢🎠

More unique sim-personalities 😊

Custom-made careers 🙃

Restaurants/Retail - lots (I want to create places where you can eat and shop - like IKEA for example)

Hotels! (...with great hotel-restaurants, breakfast buffets and also being able to order food via room service-menues) 😍

Lots of new Lot-Traits plz 😉

✨Thank you so much for a great game!! ✨
    Post edited by AlpineCuriosity on
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2021
    You said you would have swimmable water in every world. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay has alot of water in the worlds it would be nice to swim in those worlds. I don't know why you or can but haven't done this. Need you to redo old packs. Windenburg needs more out side activities like more Club Revelry or contest against each Club. For example challenge a Club with the same Club traits to a book read off or eat off. That would work with City living. Make the Clubs discus or talk about which Club won. The winner Club should have more interactions; the best club ever so listen to us. Or Steal the other Clubs Rugs or spot.

Brindelton Bay is Boring there is tons of things dogs and cats could do outside.Cats can catch birds outside and bring them dead or alive to you as a gift. You could put a on or off switch for that if you don't agree. Dogs can pick-up sticks and knock down the owners with a stick in its mouth. Cats like to play in flowers and dogs like to roll around in mud. Pets get sick too much. A little more time between sick spells would be nice.

Discovery Uni: needs to be redone. Why can't teen sims have teen day at the college

More options for lgbt community with a on or off switch Because everyone is not Pansexual! Fix the sim lag please! The extreme grilling more food then they can eat. Needs to be fixed. More things for all age groups ,such as the elders can get a cane form the umbrella stand and the umbrella. Toddlers Need MORE interactions with the festivals. Youth festival and the others have nothing for toddlers to do. Example toddlers can bother kids sims at the festivals. Toddlers play games with kids. Parents can get Todders food at the festivals.

The kids Backpack Décor could double as storage for books, homework and they can wear the backpack. The activity could have more actives with it; like bracelets making, sculpture painting, paper airplane and paper boats with little animation. Hop scotch hop would be great. That would be a small improvement. Why can't the base game bread box give you a fresh beard moodlet. Just look at all base game items you could add more animation to make the game feel more unique.
  • JaxzinJaxzin Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I've been a long time lover of the sims since the third game came out. One of my biggest hopes is to get more inclusivity in the game.

Disabilities:
    -One of the things that I have been asking for years is for handicap and disabled people to be added to the game. Not only would it make people feel better but what i'm thinking is an update to the doctor career to go with it.
    -Elders could be diagnosed with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's which would help game play as you would get health bills from the doctor and the younger generations would either have to hire a nurse or help the elder them selfs (which could also bring in the idea of a group home [ELDER. PACK.])
    -Disabilities and diseases could give the hospital more gameplay and a reason to actually have your sims be healthy
    -Also something like dyslexia or ADHD could be a thing to add to that children can be diagnosed with, which would mean they struggle more in school
    -Mental Health could also be awesome to have (teens have the phases with one of them being sad but really It's not the best representation of it)
    -Some women could go to the doctor and find out that they can't have children (if the woman had the 'hates children' or 'noncommittal' trait she would be happy while women with the 'family oriented' trait or the family aspirations could go through sadness just like the grief emotion.

LGBTQ+:
    -You've done...some for the gay/lesbian community but I have yet to see anything for the Enby/Genderfluid community. Adding new pronouns would be awesome. They/them is a huge one I cannot stress that enough.
    -Gameplay could also have some journey through their discovery and coming out could be an option for the sims.

I really do hope you take my ideas into consideration. I know I offered a lot but If i could choose one thing It would be they/them pronouns for the game. SIMS 4 been out 7 years and still have not been added. Also please don't make a disabilities pack or kit I'd rather have it as an anniversary patch!

Much Love <3
  • Mg1218Mg1218 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to hear about Sims 5 and if it is coming out, a possible release date, its features and any info you can disclose about it!! I have been waiting super long to find out anything about the next generation Sims, hope there will be a Sims 5 coming out soon that would be soooo exciting!!! Sims is my favorite game!💚
  • Tw1stedAng3lTw1stedAng3l Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sul sul!

First, I <3 that you are giving us a chance to be able to express our concerns and be heard. I have concerns about several things and for the record this is coming from a Xbox S4 player.

Build & Buy:
    01} I would love to see color consistency in this mode. For example: the counters and cabinets from Vampires can be made a lovely emerald green, but most other BB items cannot. Why?
    02} In that same vein, can BB objects (including walls & floors) that have very few swatches get updated with more choices? Or even sliders with hue/saturation/brightness options? You spoiled us with the Sims 3 color wheel, and while I don't expect you to rebuild color options from the ground up - I do think you would make a lot of your fanbase very happy if colors were tweaked to make them more customized to suit the player's visions.
    03} The camera. *sigh* Okay, for me personally this is a button push topic. PC players get the option of using the Sims 3 camera in BB mode. This allows for far better customization when placing wall decor, et cetera. Can console players please please have this camera mode too? If not, can you please explain why and also why you chose to not give it to console players?
    04} Lots & Worlds. Worlds need more integration with each other and different packs. Lots: each world needs a bigger selection of lot choices or we need the ability to choose our lot size and place it like we could in previous iterations of the Sims.
    05} Is it possible to get non-chipped/non-worn versions of the Country Kitchen Kit? I'm sorry but country does not mean worn down or uncared for. Also future kits like this should include pristine versions if you intend to make worn down versions.

CAS:
    01} Please, we need preteens. That category would enable a new dimension of gameplay and story progression for Simmers.
    02} We need more clothes for men, children, and elders. Especially men.
    03} This has been said previously, but is worth repeating: hair color sliders, they would increase variety and reduce workload. Also on that same thought, while admittedly it would create more work initially: more hairs need multicolor variants where part is one color and another part is another color. Additionally make a slider so we can choose what that second & third color is please. This would make sims far more unique. A similar thought for eye colors as well.
    04} Is it possible to get some sliders for shoes/pants/bikini bottoms? Let me clarify please. For shoes it would be amazing to decide if the shoe is a platform shoe and how much of a platform there is. It would also be nice on high heels to decide if it is a chunky heel or a stiletto heel (or something in-between). For pants/shorts/bikini bottoms it would be awesome to adjust where on the sim the waistline sits. Preferably without you having to create like 4 versions of the same item to achieve the look.
    05} Texture & details. I would love to see more textured clothing. Greater detail texturally on sweaters. More jean texture on jeans. More lacey looking lace. More satin. More microfleece. More velvet. More texture.

Gameplay:
    01} Pack cohesion: aka one pack works with all the other packs to create a more universal feel.
    02} Apartments everywhere.
    03} Ocean swimming everywhere.
    04} Integration of all Supernatural creatures with the depth and diversity of Sims 2/3 Supernatural creatures. You guys kinda failed with mermaids, and in some respects witches. Vampires you guys did great on. But I digress: Genies, Werewolves, Fairies, Actual Ghosts...these are things that can and should be in one pack... including CAS and BB items.

The Gallery:
    01} Can we please, please, please be able to take our own pictures of Sims and Lots/Rooms for Gallery upload? The auto picture feature just doesn't do justice to creations on the Gallery.
    02} Is it possible to have a way to share just pictures with descriptions on the Gallery?? That way people can show WIP pictures with their followers, or just pictures of Sims they enjoyed creating but don't wish to upload for others to play?

I love what you guys do, and I have been a fan forever. I just think you guys need more community input and advice. Which brings me to my final and most important overall thought: are you going to hire more of the Sims community? I mean the modders and CC creators have amazing talent and it would be awesome if you do hire more of them. Thanks for reading this list of suggestions and wishes and concerns.
    About me: ☆Mama☆Gamer☆Caffeine Addict☆Artist☆Hopeless Romantic☆Bibliophile (Bookworm)☆Nerd☆Writer☆

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Mahatma Ghandi
  • Maddi1099Maddi1099 Posts: 2 New Member
    (Sorry I posted on accident and apparently I can’t edit it cause I’m a new member?)
    Hi Sims Team!
    First off, I certainly appreciate what you do and love this game, but it’s lacking in a few areas.
    1. The game feels more like a God Sim than a Life Sim. Most notably the townies are just there to complete some job requirement or aspiration. It would be nice to add more life to them, like them automatically getting married and having children (maybe even dress better?). Also, the jump between child and teen is the most noticeable, adding more life stages would help and make the sims seem more alive.
    2. Careers and aspirations need more rewards and quite a few are too easy and need to be more of a challenge.
    3. Pronouns, but that’s obvious based on other posts
    4. I am honestly surprised that there isn’t a setting to wipe away all the buildings in all worlds (fresh slate) and/or a way to get rid of all sims but your own. It would be really nice for challenges but that’s just more of a wish.
    5. I have been loving the representation and encourage more.
    6. Please, more traits to base game and more improvements to them, also the option to pick more than three would be better to create a more well-rounded sim.
    7. Finally, my biggest issue is pricing. The prices are crazy. Why are the kits $5? Why are the expansion packs $40? At this point I only buy during sales but I have to wonder, you all have sales every 2-3 months, so would it really hurt you to low the prices down to what they are on sale and then only have sales during Black Friday? The content isn’t worth what it’s sold for, especially with how empty it is.
    Thanks for listening to my thoughts!
    (And sorry for posting twice!)
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    You said you would have swimmable water in every world. Windenburg and Brindleton Bay has alot of water in the worlds it would be nice to swim in those worlds. I don't know why you or can but haven't done this. Need you to redo old packs. Windenburg needs more out side activities like more Club Revelry or contest against each Club. For example challenge a Club with the same Club traits to a book read off or eat off. That would work with City living. Make the Clubs discus or talk about which Club won. The winner Club should have more interactions; the best club every so listen to us. Or Steal the other Clubs Rugs or spot.

Brindelton Bay is Boring there is tons of things dogs and cats could do outside.Cats can catch birds outside and bring them dead or alive to you as a gift. You could put a switch for that if you don't agree. Dogs can pick-up sticks and knock down the owners with a stick in its mouth. Cats like to play in flowers and dogs like to roll around in mud. Pets get sick too much. A little more time between sick spells would be nice.

Discovery Uni: needs to be redone. Why can't teen sims have teen day at the college

More options for lgbt community with a on or off switch Because everyone is not Pansexual! Fix the sim lag please! The extreme grilling more food then they can eat. Need more things for all age groups ,such as the elders can get a cane form the umbrella stand and the umbrella. Toddlers Need more interactions with the festivals. Youth festival and the others have nothing for toddlers to do. Example toddlers can bother kids sims at the festivals. Toddlers play games with kids. Parents can get Todders food at the festivals.

The kids Backpack Décor could double as storage for books, homework and they can where the backpack. The activity could have more actives with it; like bracelets making, sculpture painting, paper airplane and paper boats with little animation. Hop scotch hop would be great. That would be a small improvement. Why can't the base game bread box give you a fresh beard moodlet. Just look at all base game items you could add more animation to make the game feel more unique.
  • lynniepilynniepi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims Team!
    Please consider putting time and effort whims! It was so disheartening coming back to the game after a couple years and finding that they had been disabled by default. I truly believe this is a major part of why the Sims 4 sims feel lifeless. They feel that way because they have no autonomous desire to do anything. Current state, it doesn't matter whether they are a dastardly sim or a friend of the world sim because they just end up baking 12 cake in a row lol!
    And please for the love of Goth, do not make Sims 5 and online game.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    1. Gameplay-I agree with some that operating sims in gameplay is too difficult. The player sims never naturally act upon what is suppose to be their traits or whims. For example, it would also help if they naturally change into the many clothes you have picked out for them and if they would perform a variety of actions (aside from going to work) on their own. Instead, of the sims automatically playing on the computer all day, talking to plants, and reading book after book. They need to be more autonomous.

2. Social events in the game tend to be difficult or take too long to complete. Even more annoying, when Sims never sit at the same time in an audience like in Get Famous award ceremony or at a wedding ceremony.

3. Also, during gameplay: The NPC's and player sims sometimes dress horribly at festivals in the game (or just walking around) and never in the outfits you have chosen for them or just in weird, unmatched clothes, and oftentimes, the spawned npc's appear unnaturally weird with like real dark skin but straight super blonde or white hair which is completely unreal looking and they rarely have American sounding names. Aside from the Sulani or game pack related sims where the names seem suitable, the majority have strictly Asian names.

4. The voting process for new packs seems lopsided or doesn't reflect what majority of players actually want. For ex. the Knitting pack.

5. Bugs and complaints take too long to be addressed. Players start to feel ignored by the company. As if they don't care about them enjoying their experience with this game.

6. Lastly, this forum would be better if like many others have agreed about, players could have more control over their own discussion threads or at least being able to mute someone who post negative comments or replies directly to them like some other sites. That should also make it easier for moderators in general and especially, a few moderators who tend to get emotionally caught up and biased themselves when attempting to moderate a topic discussion that has went awry due to a few bad actors.

7. Thanks for giving us this opportunity to give feedback. I do hope it is actually read.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • AyesraAyesra Posts: 1 New Member
    Sul-sul, simmers!

I'm so happy with the developer's willingness to listen and consider the ideas and opiniões from the community. We play The Sims because we love The Sims. That said, I prepared a list with things I wish could be made better about the game.

Okay, let's do this:

- Newborn babies are treated like objects by the game, they don't feel like members of the family. I can't express how much I would love love LOVE if newborn babies in TS4 could feel more like the ones in The Sims Freeplay — in that game, they can crawl, play, be held by their parents, and more. I don't really understand how that can be possible in a free mobile game, but not in The Sims 4.

- Pretty pretty please: I want Country Living! I dream and always get excited about each new expansion, always thinking you guys will finally bring farms, animals, barns, etc. I can already watch the entire reveal trailer in my mind! I'm sure you're aware this theme is among the most requested by the community, and so far, the silence has been deafening.

- When my Sims are hungry, they never grab leftovers from the fridge. They always cook new food instead. I'd really prefer if they could decide by themselves to eat already available food.

- By the same token, I'd love to see tweens. They should also have skills and aspirations adequate for their age.

- Another important point: teens heights and proportions should be adjusted in comparison to adults. They basically have no physical differences, which makes no sense.

- I've seen other comments requesting this, but I'm repeating in hopes to reiterate how important this is for us: the NPCs really do need story progression, continuity, and tweaking. They should be able to have histories and families, to marry, to have kids, adopt pets, divorce, move, get and lose jobs, etc. This would greatly improve the stories we experience in the game. It's sad to see how hollow the NPCs are in this game.

- I'd never guess I would ever want to say this... I'D ACTUALLY LIKE TO SPEND MORE MONEY. THERE ARE TOO FEW PAID EXPANSIONS AND PACKS! Yes, I would really like to have more aggressively released content in this game. When you guys revealed Kits, I thought this was going to happen and that I would be seeing new paid content every single month, but sadly, it didn't happen. The empty period between releases is extremely lengthy and unnecessary. It almost looks like you guys aren't fond of money... ;-)

- Still on this topic, I'd actually love to pay for a monthly subscription service, or something like that, and automatically receive new content more often. New items every month? — a woman can dream.

- A seemingly basic thing we don't have: the possibility for a family to own more than one house simultaneously. Why can't I own a vacation home in addition to my regular home? I'm no software developer, but this doesn't look super complex?

- More aspirations and improvements to this mechanic. Something with more depth would surely be welcomed.

- I'd also love if my Sims could be like "extended guests" in their families' houses. There's no reason why I should be treated like any other guest when visiting my own in-game parents, right? I should be able to cook or even spend the night. It's frustrating that I can't leave my kids with their grandparents for a couple of days.

- I'd want an attraction and rejection system for romantic interactions. As it is right now, any Sim can basically get romantically involved with any other Sim, it's like no one has a "type". It would be great if Sims could have an initial, baseline attraction level towards other Sims before even having any interaction with them. (Which could also, of course, be "negative attraction", meaning they would really not like to be approached by that Sim.)

- Sims of conflicting personalities should also not have a good relationship. Like, evil Sims should not peacefully coexist with really kind Sims.

- I feel like time passes too fast, even on the slowest speed. I would love to be able to go in the Settings and set an in-game day that lasts, for example, 1 hour instead of 24 minutes. It would go a long way to have a more relaxed experience. Just like we can set the duration of Seasons!

Thank you so much for reading and considering players' wishes! Hopefully this will cause the team to bring many improvements to this game we all love sul-sul much!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I too would like to know whether updating past worlds is something that is currently being worked on, and if so, to what extent will they be updated. Will we be able to vote on what areas we want to see updated, or will that be decided by developers?

I would also like to thank the Sim's team for taking the time to slowly improve the base game, and I eagerly look forward to future improvements to one of my favorite games.
  • Magdalena07978657Magdalena07978657 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey when will we get native American Indians in this? I'm native American Indian and I'm apache and I'm mix with Hispanic and I'd really love to see native American Indians get some live too and have or culture be playing in this game with native American stuff like teepee and 🐎 and other native American Indian stuff
  • SilvaCaroSilvaCaro Posts: 1 New Member
    As many others have mentioned I would like to see more depth in relationships between sims. I hope this doesn't come off as a wish list for content as I'm only reflecting on how much of my gameplay is relying on me "pretending" or using my imagination to make up storylines. I lose interest in the game often between packs as all sims rely so heavily on me making it fun. For example: I wish love and anger could be one sided, that a sim could have crushes on their friends or someone could hate another without the feeling being mutual.
  • Nightside_RushNightside_Rush Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Sims team! Thank you for taking the time to host this!

I'm so glad to see that you guys are starting to improve base game assets that were released at the start of the game's life, but what I would like to know is are you guys going to go back eventually and improve on some things from previously released packs?

For example, holiday traditions from Seasons need a huge update to include cross-pack inclusion activities such as a pet adoption day for Cats & Dogs, dining out at a restaurant for Dine Out, environment traditions for Eco Lifestyle, or snowboarding/skiing for Snowy Escape (it's true that modders have done many of these already, but console players are unable to have mods and we shouldn't have to rely on mods for something that simple). Also, some occults need an upgrade too. In comparison to vampires and spellcasters, aliens and mermaids are lacking in powers and interactions unique to them; they don't stand out that well and are very boring to play as.

I love the Sims 4 so much and it's come to be my comfort game, but sometimes I feel like that those $40 packs aren't worth their money.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited May 2021
    Quoting myself from earlier, just to keep all of my feedback together, since this is the last bit I have time for.
    First of all, thank you guys so much for doing this. It feels good to know we're being heard.

1) This first one is related to a lot of other comments I'm seeing. If you do decide to make updates in regards to adding pronouns or gender neutral language, can you please add the latter as an option rather than the default. I agree that adding the option for using gender neutral language to refer to our sims would defintely help out with making representation a priority, but I don't want my sims who are Cis-gender to be affected. My simself, much like me is a cis-female and I would still like her to be referred to as such. So please if this is in the plans, let us select pronouns and don't force 100% gender neutral language on us.

The second two are major concerns for me and is something that will make a huge difference in my gameplay and how much I enjoy it.

2) Is there any chance of vampires being unnerfed and returned to the original state they were in when the Vampires pack was first released? I didn't start playing Sims until 2018 and didn't start buying packs until almost mid-2019 and didn't get to enjoy them in their original state which is disheartening for me, and as a Teen rated game, I feel vampires could stand to be a bit darker or grittier. I barely even notice vampires and occults are the main aspect of my gameplay, so I'd like for them to actually act accordingly.

3) On a similar note, is there any chance that spellcasters could also get a similar unnerfing treatment, or at least practice magic autonomously outside of the magic realm. Much like vampires, I barely notice spellcasters unless I know for a fact that the sim is one because they behave exactly like a normal sim and not like an entirely different life state. A spellcaster, for example I feel should autonomously choose to "Scrubaroo" a dirty sink or shower rather than cleaning it if they have learned the spell, and cast "Delicioso" when their hunger is low.

Both Vampires and Realm of Magic are very well-done packs I feel, but they are a little lackluster due to the fact that their respective occult lifestates are barely noticeable in the game unless the player is directly controlling them. And I feel the occult players should be the priority in an occult themed pack rather than people who want the packs for just the furniture. Maybe so as not to alienate those players though, a new lot trait could be introduced such as an "anti-magic" trait or similar.

4) I'm sure there have already been multiple comments on this, but I defintely feel there should be a better balance of emotions/moodlets in the Sims, especially when it comes to more negative emotions like sad, tense, and angry. From my experience with playing," happy" seems to overpower every other emotion, which wouldn't be a problem in itself, except for the fact that it's far to easy to make a Sim happy. Literally all they need is a room with some sort of decoration to get a happy buff, or good music during an outing to the nightclub. It's pretty immersion breaking for me to have my loner Sim's "Tense" moodlet from being around strangers get overpowered because of the music. I play nightclub scenarios like I would in real life, the only way I'm going if my friends drag me along and I don't want to disappoint them. A DJ playing music is not going to make me any less tense around strangers, and I feel it should be the same for loner Sims. The tense moodlet when around strangers should be the strongest, or at least not easily over powered due to something as simple as music.

5) On that note, I also feel like all sims have emotions that are too similar to one another. Every Sim seems to either get mad when their (married) spouse is flirting with someone else, or sad when their (dating) soulmate does the same. I feel whether a Sim gets sad or angry should be dependent on their traits/personality. Like a hot headed Sim is more likely to get angry in both situations whereas a gloomy sim is more likely to be sad when their partner is flirting rather than angry. I think changes to something like this would make a big difference in the game since it would allow our Sims to feel more "unique" instead of generic cookie cutters from one another.

ETA: Fixed a numbering error
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Hi Sims Team, hopefully you've gotten some good responses so far! I've been around since The Sims was released so I'm a long time fan :)

I'll keep it short:

1. The lack of depth in gameplay can be summed up as a lack of consequences. Chance cards almost always just do a slight gain/loss in job performance, vs. them getting demoted or fired like The Sims 2. If my Sim gets caught cheating by a partner you can smooth over their relationship very quickly.

2. Everything is very easy. I can become rich extremely quickly, I can make friends extremely easily. I wish this generation felt more challenging.

3. Lack of play testing before releasing packs. Please test them with all packs enabled, not just the new pack + base game.

I wish you all the best on your future work!
  • MomoMisfortuneMomoMisfortune Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims franchise prides itself on playing with life. Creating sims that represent us is so important. That is why myself and over 18,000 folx who have signed this petition I created to add pronoun options into the game believe adding this change would be so impactful for transgender, non-binary and gender nonconforming folx (like myself). Please hear our voices.

www . change . org/p/ea-games-pronoun-options-for-trans-and-non-binary-sims-in-the-sims-4
  • MkfsimsMkfsims Posts: 3 New Member
    A memory system and more languages. I play in Indonesia
  • MkfsimsMkfsims Posts: 3 New Member
    I also really miss the storyline feature from the sims 2
  • Jacksimmer95Jacksimmer95 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi!

I wrote a much longer post but can reduce it to these 3 points.

Please include more cross-pack gameplay!

Please in the future of this game and this franchise remember what the fanbase loves about this game and give us the tools to create our own stories, worlds, and visions rather than forcing us to color within the lines.

Please consider if each pack feels like a complete idea rather than this current quantity over quality (density) model. I would rather pay $100 for a complete and dense single pack once or twice a year than a total of $50 on a couple of flimsy incomplete packs. Because of this we have large gaps in gameplay like hotels not being included in Island Adventure or Snowy Escape, a meaningful music career in Get Famous, actually functional restaurants in Dine Out.

Have been playing this franchise since I was 6 (20+ years) and hope to continue to for a long time I hope that being such a beloved game from such a large studio that you can see why players and fans are passionate and want more given our commitment and financial investment into the game.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top