The Gallery will be under maintenance beginning May 30th at 6am PT & will be unavailable. All creations, comments, likes & downloads will be saved & restored once the Gallery is back up.
The latest Laundry List is now live. Click here
to learn what you can expect to see over the next several weeks.
May 26th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here
Return to top
Sims 411 - Forum Feedback, May 6th
> Would the team consider adding additional life stages in the game like pre-teens?
I AGREE WITH THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% and also editing and updating past packs
What is your upcoming pack this month? Expansion Pack or Game Pack?
I am very glad that we have an opportunity to speak with you and share our questions!
1. Is there any possibilities that we will get a new clothes for weddings and for sleeping in kits?
2. Have you ever thought to return zodiac signs and tastes?
3. In early 2020 you made a questionnaire about changing life stages: teenagers, older. Is it still possible?
4. In TS2 and TS3 we have a possibility to repaint a ceiling. Will you return it?
5. We have a ver big world Widenburg with big amount of lots. All simmers love it. And San Mushino with skyscrapers. Will we have the similar towns in game?
Thank you one more for this availability to discover new information with you!
Have a good day!
Also, Why don't we have more destination worlds compared to the residential worlds? It would be nice to have more space for community lots.
I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a Used and Unused filter for the CAS clothing and accessories. The filter would help player's know what Sims are already wearing inside of the game and it would also prevent NPC's from wearing the same content. (Unless of course they are following celebrity fashion trends). I know there's a similar filter for the objects in household objects used.
> Hi sims team ,imagine be able to see others sims from other houses doing their own things .Imagine a open neighboorhood !Or even be able to create our own neigborhood .People who be able to create their own climate , culture and folklore from their country.I know this is a wish ,but this is a wish :)
> Anyways im just saying this because other people are already asking other types of things.Thanks for reading
YES and I 100% agree
I think a topic we should discuss in the Sims 411s is “updating CAS items”. Since the game has come out in ‘14 there’s a lack in customize with the items since there is no color wheel. Maybe adding more color swatches to the clothes and giving us the ability to choose different colors for the hair accessories through random updates. Updating/fixing the old masculine and feminine hairs as well as adding new ones especially for the masculine preferred.
Are the animal (bear, raccoon, etc) and people costumes subs for occults, it feels like they are replacing the occults sims because we have way more of those than we do occults? Please bring back more occults (genies, fairies, werewolves, imaginary friends, etc.) for those who actually love them.
Thank you for taking the time to do this.
1. Is there any plans to overhaul plantsims? they are currently the most underutilized occult life state and haven't had much love since a permanent way to turn into them temporary was added in Seasons & Cool Kitchen stuff.
I don't expect a fully fleshed out skill tree, just for them to feel like they did in previous main games.
2. As we approach 2sLGBTQA+ Pride 2021, I'd love to know if there are plans for an upgrade to the gender panel. It would be pretty much expected that we see the ability to change our sims pronouns as well as have a more gender neutral frame.
3. With the negative discourse surrounding Journey to Batuu, is there a chance that it gets a minor overhaul and get the added fine print that it is in fact a Galaxy's Edge pack.
4. When Snowy Escape was announced and we were told that the climbing machine in Fitness would work with the climbing skill, I had hoped that the skill would have made it to Base game so that we could see more variety to the machine. Is there still plans for that to be a thing.
5. Is there any plans for more aspirations to be added to older packs/upcoming packs that aren't just a tutorial for the pack? For many in the community, it feels pretty stale when the new aspirations are just a tutorial for the new skills/features of the pack and would like a challenge of sorts.
Thanks again for creating an opportunity to see the positive and constructive feedback of the community!
I know you already did lots of work for that, and that's amazing, but I would love to have a nonbinary option so that my sims don't get misgendered, if that's not possible, maybe a way to change a sims gender (ie having them transition) through cas!
for example, say someone is playing a legacy challenge and after giving birth to a sim, decides that that sim is trans. So, after that sim eventually ages up to be a teenager and starts trying to socially transition, the Simmer opens up cas and lo and behold, there is no way to change that sims pronouns or toilet preferences.
I feel like something like this would be easy since it's already available in cas.fulleditmode, and would add so much more depth to storytelling.
thank you and have a great day!
The ability to edit the style as in the sims 3, the ability to modify objects and save as your own. for example modify a door by making the door handle lower. add animation to sims opening the door with their hands. add a death career.
make it possible to create quests like in the sims medieval and upload them to the gallery for other players to play.
- Pregnancy. If a sims gets pregnant, they are pregnant for about 3 days. That’s awesome! But this period is the same on all the different modes. You can play the game in the short modus, the normal modus or the long modus. I’m speaking of the life expectancy. For me I find it not realistic that a sim is pregnant for 3 days in the normal modus, but also in the long modus. I reckon it would be better if the sim was pregnant longer in the long modus.
- Character traits. I love all the different character traits to chose from to create my sim. But! In the Sims 3 we could chose the character traits we fell in love with. So I could say my sim would like a partner who is a book worm and a romantic. Now we cannot do this. So in fact, my sim can fall in love with whoever I ask my sim to fall in love with and that’s some what unfortunate.
- Furniture. I know this is not a wishlist. And with the new packs there are a lot of modern furniture (thank god!) but why are there no corner sofas? I would love to put a corner sofa in my house.
- There isn't enough LGBTQ+ representation. Everyone is pansexual. You can only change clothing preferences, not pronouns. I wish you could come out to friends or family. I wish sims autonomously chose their sexuality and gender preference. I wish my sim rejected people they're not into.
- On the topic of rejection: romance actions rarely ever get rejected. This needs to be changed, especially when a sim is happily married or in a relationship.
- We need more colour swatches. It's easy for you to add a colour once an item is made, but we can't. I also don't just want saturated bright colors. How about some desaturated ones? Pastels? Darks?
- Now we cannot place a parcel in the world and build a house on it. Now we just can use the parcels that are already in the game. We can just move a house from a parcel and build a new one. Is it possible to get this into the game again? We were able to do this in de Sims 3.
- More playtime with babies would be awesome!
- There seems to be a big gap between children and their limited skills, aspirations, and freedom and teens, which are almost the same as adults. However, a life stage in between could help to bridge this gap. Perhaps: preteens? Like the age of 13.
- More pets would be wonderful! Now we only got a dog, a cat and some little pets. But what about a cow, a horse, sheep? So we could probably have a farm?
- In the sims 3 we had an open world. I really do mis this in the sims 4. I’m thinking you are doing this because it asks a lot of the pc and game to create an open world. But it was so nice to have an open world! Maybe with time you could have this again launched?
- And if you are looking to create an open world game, could you please give my poor simmers a car? Now I find it really sad my sims cannot have a car.
- I think, in fact, it would be nice to have all the features that were in the sims 3 to have them in the sims 4, with the extra’s of the sims 4. For example: the universities in the sims 2 and 3 where awesome. There can be somewhat improved in the sims 4.
- This seems kind of dark, but it was pretty awesome to have burglars in Sims 3 and it definitely was very useful for story building. It brought more realism. Natural disasters such
- as tornadoes, earthquakes, etc could be really fun for story building and adding more ways for Sims to die (as dark as that sounds)!
- In the past Sims games, we’ve been able to choose what Sims like and dislike, such as romantic preferences, food preferences, music preferences, color preferences, and the like. These have been taken out of Sims 4, but they could be useful in influencing Sims’ attraction levels and their enjoyment of their environment or food.
- The only option for dancing together is more like casual dancing, but slow dancing would be very useful for dances and weddings and make things a whole lot more romantic!
- The teens at the moment are indistinguishable from adults. It would be amazing to be able to tell by looking what stage of life a Sim is in. So just let teens looking like teens.
- And last but no least. Please fix the bugs. There are so many bugs in the sims. It’s annoying and so sad. It’s a really expensive game if you sum up al the pack and stuff. So a little less bugs would be wonderful!
Thanks for your attention and for the opportunity of expressing how I feel about it somewhere you promised it would be read.
I wish the sims team would be more transparent about what packs are coming, and stop being so secretive about it. I know its not the gurus rules but EAs, its just so nice to know whats coming for the near future. The roadmaps we've had the last 2 years was great, so I was very disappointed we didn't have it again.
It would be great if in January every year we could get a roadmap of whats coming the entire year - just how many packs of each type are expected to ship (aka in Jan 2013 when it was revealed what TS3 expansions are planned for the whole year). I know saying more than that can open a can of worms, but it would be so good to KNOW WHATS COMING, rather than be left in the dark, waiting every week for an announcement that never comes.
EDIT: Thank you to all the simgurus for all your hard work and reading this. We really appreciate all you do for us.
EDIT: Also slow dancing as I think we have waited long enough to get that back now
Next, I would love to get more chance cards as it was in the Sims. It is really hard to get fired. So, for example your sim is at work and he/she gets a chance card, there is a 50:50 chance that your sim either gets fired, loses skill points or gets promoted. This would add so much depth and unpredicatibility to the game.
Same with illnesses that came with Get to Work I think? It would be nice to have at least one of them to be deadly if it's not cured properly/on time as it was in the Sims 2 with the flu!
If a Sim hates another Sim there should be no option for them to talk in a friendly manner. They should insult, fight each other automatically as soon as they seen each other. Same with Sims who got cheated on/cheated on another Sim.
You should also overhaul the emotion system and increase the strength and duration of some emotions (feeling sad after the death of a family member, for instance) and decrease the strength and duration of some other emotions (feeling happy when being in a well-decorated room, etc.). Such irrelevant emotions should not override more important emotions.
Burglars - another addition that would add more drama, randomness. We really need more drama, unpredictability and randomness in the Sims 4 because it feels like nothing bad happens to the Sims, it feels like it's filled with butterflies, pink colors and rainbows.
1.) Are there any plans to make new whims for the packs that don't have them?
2.) Are there any plans to make new whims for future packs?
3.) Can whims be tuned in a way that's less generic and more tied to a Sim's personality? For example, fortune Sims want to buy new things (but other Sims don't) and romance Sims want to go on more dates (outside of when they're flirty)?
Little things like this make such a big difference for me personally. I like to play based on what my Sims want to do. I don't like forcing them into everything and making decisions for them. I want the Sims themselves to guide my decisions in the game. I know this may not be the most popular play-style, but there are thousands of my followers who feel the same.
Second, I'd like to talk about emotional tuning. Not sure if that's the correct terminology, but I hope you know what I mean.
I feel that some of the emotions overpower others that are more important. My Sim my have a death in the family, but soon that doesn't even matter to them because they're energized from doing push-ups and drinking a protein shake. I feel that the emotions have been "off" since the game was released and it's never really been addressed.
Since emotions are a core part of The Sims 4 gameplay, I wish they were made a priority when making fixes. I appreciate that the traits were updated, but I'd really like to see whims, emotions, and aspirations updated, too.
Third, many aspirations are too easy to complete and just feel too dumbed-down (in my opinion). I'd like to see aspirations made a bit more difficult - something Sims could work on for their entire lives, like in older games. Keep the "levels" if you must, but at least give us something that feels challenging. Much of the game feels far too easy to me, with hardly any consequence and no chance for things to go wrong.
I know this isn't a place for feature requests, but fears and aspiration failure - Sims 4 style, not a copy of previous titles - could really help give a sense of consequence and challenge.
And finally, what about memories? Why was the memory system changed? It used to be so much better! Are there any plans to enhance this feature? I'd love to see memories for individual Sims and in their own individual photo album too. Scrolling through every single screenshot trying to find a memory for a Sim that you had to create yourself is NOT fun.
I'd love to be able to open up a household, look at a Sim, and know what's happened in their past. Who did they date or have their first kiss with? Who did they marry or divorce? Who are their children? Did they get a degree in University? That kind of thing. It's sometimes hard to remember what happened in your Sim's life if you haven't played them in a while because there's no record of past events in the game.
It may be possible to use the sentiments system to work memories into the game somehow. I don't know, but maybe it could work similarly. A Sim could form a "memory" instead of a sentiment and that could be stored somewhere for the player to review later.
And on that note, sentiments feel very shallow and meaningless. I never pay attention to them at all. They're generic and I don't feel they add anything meaningful to the game. I had hoped for more, but maybe turning them into some type of memories could help.
People have often accused The Sims 4 Sims of all feeling exactly the same, and I agree. I think it's because of the lack of things like memories, more focused whims, and traits that have felt meaningless for so long. The improvements so far are nice, but in my opinion not nearly enough.
ETA: I also feel the worlds are far too small and don't give me enough room to create. Have you considered releasing new worlds as kits? I think a lot of people would be interested in that - if they were LARGE worlds. The worlds have become so small it's basically impossible to play in a way that I enjoy - simulating a real neighborhood. What happened to the worlds after Windenberg? That's my favorite world and it's BIG. We need larger worlds if we can't have the ability to create our own from scratch.
I really do appreciate y'all taking these comments and considering the feedback players give you. Thank you!
I have a few questions for you, so thank you for taking the time to answer them.
1. How often are kits supposed to be released? I know they were supposed to prevent "content droughts", so does that mean they will have a regular or irregular cadence? If regular, should players expect something monthly? Bi-monthly? Every other month?
2. There was a survey a while back asking which game packs we would want revisited. What's happening with that? Can you share the results of which pack received the highest votes for this question?
3. A few people have asked about occults, so I will add my own question: Are there plans on making any updates to existing occult sims? For example, will occult sims that don't have a skill tree be getting one? Can you expand on why certain sims (like mermaids and aliens) don't have skill trees already?
Thank you very much for your time and looking forward to your answers!