Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to retire elder NPC's?

plauplau Posts: 183 Member
I want to retire NPC sims. They are now elders, still working and don't autonomously retire, I want them to retire like normal elderly people (without actually changing households and making them retire themselves). I know I can cheat to make them quit their jobs, but then they would not be retired, just unemployed, I don't want that..

I've looked around MCCC and the Sim Info mod, but couldn't find a solution.
Does anyone know of a way to do it?

Comments

• GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Could you just briefly add them to your active household by shift-clicking and adding to household? Then have that Sim retire, and move them right back out or shift-click remove.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Could you just briefly add them to your active household by shift-clicking and adding to household? Then have that Sim retire, and move them right back out or shift-click remove.

Yes, could do that, but it's just too much work doing this with every elder npc.. Adding them to the household is no big deal, but moving them back into their respective homes is a hassle, as I don't know where they all live.. I don't want to just remove them and make them "homeless" if they used to live with someone.

I'm looking for a more MCCC type of solution. Like, you can cheat their jobs with MCCC with a few clicks, why not retire them with it as well? Maybe the option is there, and I just can't see it, or maybe your solution is the best I got. I'll see if I can figure something out. Thanks tho :)
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @plau I totally hear you, I have been wishing for the same thing to unenroll University students. I wish it existed!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3