Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do my sims go sit on their bed to eat?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
My sims have a beautiful kitchen and a large dining room with a very expensive dining table with luxurious chairs but do they sit and eat there? Nope. They walk all the way to the back of the house to sit on their bed.

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Sims will always chose a place near another sim in the house. If that other sim is in the bedroom, they'll sit on the bed.
    If you want your sims to sit at the table, and you have Parenthood, set the table before eating.
    Otherwise, set the meal at the centre of the table, direct your sim to sit on one of the slotted chairs and then grab a meal.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    There's really no valid explanation for it. I have a single Sim w/no kids, and he eats all of his meals sitting on the edge of his pool with his legs in (even in the middle of winter). He has a kitchen table he can eat at with nothing on it, but he chooses not to.....
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    My sims have a beautiful kitchen and a large dining room with a very expensive dining table with luxurious chairs but do they sit and eat there? Nope. They walk all the way to the back of the house to sit on their bed.

If you have Parenthood try having them set the table before meals, I find that they will pretty much always sit at the dining room table if it’s set.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I don't play a particularly "realistic" game, but that seems pretty true to life for me. I totally do that same thing in real life. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Pretty realistic behavior if you ask me. As if you have never eaten on the soft, comfortable and warm bed. No, I don't believe you if you have said no :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.