Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What packs are you expecting?

As the title says, what packs are you expecting to see this year and when?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    For me I'm currently expecting a Generations EP to come out late May/early June, with an announcement on May 4th/5th, then I'm thinking possibly a hotels game pack late summer in late July/August, a stuff pack in late September and then farming as an expansion in November/October!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    For me I'm currently expecting a Generations EP to come out late May/early June, with an announcement on May 4th/5th, then I'm thinking possibly a hotels game pack late summer in late July/August, a stuff pack in late September and then farming as an expansion in November/October!

Sounds legit! I'll not be surprised if babies is a feature patched in prior to the generation pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    How about A Music Pack with Pop and Rock Bands as well as Ava Max's songs re-recorded in Simlish.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Generations expansion, hotels game pack and medieval expansion within the next 6 months.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited April 2021
    this year I expect to get

• romance or generations ep (summer)
    I put them together cause meanwhile I need proper full blown romance pack far more personally

there is possibility they try to just add it within generations theme which i mean sad but big possibility since generations is rather vague theme and ts3 one had some wedding stuff in it too
    • gp with something "fun" for autumn around halloween or before
    if occult: werewolves maybe
    if venue: hotels with possibly small vacation world
    if activities: some crafty hobbies perhaps

• ep for christmas sales
    possibly whichever theme of above didn't happen or music theme

• a kit or two maybe

i could see say arcade machines or something less problematic materializing in form of kit

or cas/build mode thingies

but don't think they'll do more gameplay mechanics things like dust for this year at least since well... i imagine they know better than to cause themselves extra problems in form of kit

don't expect more stuff packs this year but if they prove me wrong maybe its something like teen stuff or elder stuff or nursery stuff or whatever in more realistic realm
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    The most likely themes in my opinion are :
    - generations
    - a hotel pack
    - werewolves
    - farming with possibly horses
    - another theme no one saw coming, like eco lifestyle and batuu last year.

Of course it can't be all of these, I personally hope for werewolves and hotels.

As for the types of packs I think just like the previous years we will get two EPs (June and November) and one GP (September) with perhaps a stuff pack in the summer but that one might be replaced by some kits spread throughout the year.
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    - generations
    - a hotel pack
    - werewolves

Of course it can't be all of these, I personally hope for werewolves and hotels.

As for the types of packs I think just like the previous years we will get two EPs (June and November) and one GP (September) with perhaps a stuff pack in the summer but that one might be replaced by some kits spread throughout the year.
    I'm thinking they'll add those packs too but I'm personally hoping for a fairy pack since the mod was deleted. I don't think they'll add a fairy pack but they did add mermaids and spellcasters which used to be mods so maybe there's a chance :/ .
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Saveirx wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    - generations
    - a hotel pack
    - werewolves

I'm thinking they'll add those packs too but I'm personally hoping for a fairy pack since the mod was deleted. I don't think they'll add a fairy pack but they did add mermaids and spellcasters which used to be mods so maybe there's a chance :/ .

There's no correlation between mods and packs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    I'm going to guess something like, "Country Living" type EP. We might get horses with that. I would also expect a Hotels game pack. What I really want with whatever they release are more worlds with LOTS of LOTS! I'm tired of 4-5 lot worlds. I want fully-fleshed out worlds with many lots to build on and places to explore and gather stuff like plants, fossils, elements, frogs, and more.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    There's no correlation between mods and packs.
    I know, I'm just hoping they add fairies since the mod was deleted.
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    What I want and what I expect are two different things xD

I expect them to release My First Journey to Strangerville.

What I want on the other hand, would be a Generations EP, then a Farming EP/Date Night EP and perhaps a Hotel GP.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't want to get my hopes up, but I have my fingers crossed for werewolves this year.
  • EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    Hi ! I hope for a Generation EP and a Farming EP... 🤞🤞 In the meantime, I created my "Like farming" challenge (on my YouTube channel ) offer using the existing gamplay and it's pretty good ! 🐄🌱 And I'm OK for werewolves and body hair (finally !) 😉
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I think we might see something from the surveys. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I would like to see a romance pack because I've seen people speculating about it based on possible hints in item descriptions. I'd also love to see a generations related pack, and I think this one is a lot more likely than the romance one. If we're talking surveys, I would love to see them release a game pack based on high school or malls. It would make me so happy if this was the year of expanding each life stage in some way. Romance for life stages teen and up. A generations pack that gives our sims more to do and different ways to interact between family members. School pack that gives our kids and teens more to do that isn't a rabbit hole (go on field trips, attend prom, sports/extra curricular activities). It would be great if they would make hobbies, likes/dislikes, wants/desires, fears, favorites, and personalities a major focus going forward. I've stopped playing my legacy family and am just building/renovating lots right now because I don't want to play until we get a pack that expands on the romance system or family dynamics.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    The way the gurus were talking in the bunk-bed live stream makes me think a generations EP may be a ways off.

Country/Farming has been kicked around for awhile now and I think we may finally see such an EP this summer (fingers crossed).

Other possibilities based of surveys from last year:

Romance/relationship improvements
    Resorts
    Teen content
    More active careers (culinary quest/heists)

• mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    I'm hoping we'll get a Farming EP (hopefully with horses) sooner rather than later; with mentions of horses in the code for years now, it feels like it's about time. I was skeptical about a Generations pack but the bunk beds makes me think I might be wrong and something Generations adjacent is in the works for this year. I suspect it might have a slightly different focus than just Generations, but will provide a lot of the wanted gameplay. Bands would also be great. But - and this might be an unpopular opinion - I've really enjoyed the somewhat out of the box stuff they put out last year (except for Journey to Baatu) so I'm open to surprises.

As far as when:
    • Spring/Summer EP: Generations-ish
    • Summer GP: Bands
    • Fall EP: Farming (because the more I want a pack, the longer it seems to take to come out :D )
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    I'm not [i]expecting[/i] anything but to be surprised! I'm excited to see what else is coming. But I would personally love to see musician/bands.

Maybe cars/garages can come with that so we can have garage bands. That would be cute.

I know people have been wanting cars, but I guess just for decoration and maybe a mechanic skill? Right? Or am I missing a reason cars would be functional?

Anyway, that's my two Simoleons.
  • EpsiPlayEpsiPlay Posts: 15 Member
    @OutlawWoman Hi ! I think we hope cars like in The Sims 2 since there is no open world. I hope for the return of the school bus and the car waiting for our Sims when they have to leave for work and honking over and over again... I'm also in favor of a career as a mechanic ! 😃

@RememberJoy and @mmb_abr : Glad to read that you also hope for Farming EP ! 🐄🌱🤞🤞
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm really hoping for something with a romance theme! I feel like more romantic interactions are needed in the game, so I want either a pack with a theme of romance or a kit that would add more romantic interactions and objects into the game. I hope this would come at some point soon, especially now that our Sims can relax in bed. I think this would mean that some of the bed interactions from previous games could come back, such as the cuddling and the make out interaction. :)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    The way the gurus were talking in the bunk-bed live stream makes me think a generations EP may be a ways off.

Same here. I don't know where everyone is getting that it's coming this year? The way they talked about it made me think it would be coming out either 2022 at the earliest or maybe 2023. Especially if it's an EP since those take far longer. Unless we just interpreted it differently?

I just don't want people getting their hopes up and then getting angry if Generations doesn't come this year. I mean look at what happened with the Farming "leak" last year that turned out to be fake since we got Eco Lifestyle instead. We really don't need a repeat of that incident.

That being said

- Romantic Getaway (which could be both romance + hotels) as much as I defintely want improved romance, I don't think they'd be able to do much with that theme alone. So a pack with a romance theme based in a new world I feel is more likely. And if they went this route and based it around say Italy or Greece (throwing those out here since I'd love to see a world inspired by them) they could possibly expand it to an EP instead of just a GP.

- Werewolves (this one is more hopeful than one I'm expecting, but Frost specifically mentioning Werewolves in one of his comments seems like more than
    just coincidence to me. Plus, the speculation of the calendar possibly coming to base game makes me think of zodiacs and/or moon phases. Plus the fact that it's an occult year and we didn't have any lifestates added with Paranormal...)

- Something random/unexpected

- Something related to bands/music or teens. It would be cool if it were sort of "combined" (but that allows other age groups to attend) in a way like a Music Camp type of thing, but I doubt they'd make it that unique. Unless maybe it would be a Romance + Band pack instead of Romantic Getaway?

OR

- Farming (I don't know if I could see both coming this year or not since we'll likely get another Stuff Pack and none of the above would really fit into a stuff pack. So likely one of them won't be done this year. Unless one gets combined in another EP.)

- A Stuff Pack of some sort. OR a new survey for a Community Voted Stuff Pack

And probably at least one more kit of each type. (Gameplay, BB, CAS)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'd love fairies too of course! But I really don't think we'd get both werewolves and fae this year. And I feel both need their own game pack in order to be properly fleshed out.

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2021

Country/Farming has been kicked around for awhile now and I think we may finally see such an EP this summer (fingers crossed).

Other possibilities based of surveys from last year:

Romance/relationship improvements
    Resorts
    Teen content
    More active careers (culinary quest/heists)

They are not going to tell us if they are working on it.

What they said didn't mean anything. Even IF a Generations pack is the June EP, they still aren't going to tell us.

They always have been very vague with their statements, and this one was no exception. ''Telling you when it becomes more real''. It's an empty hollow statement. That basically means, we know about it the moment they officially announce it. They have never ever confirmed the existence of a pack prior to it's official announcement. Okay, they did so in The Sims 2 era, but that era is long gone.

The only time they really gave us a bit of a roadmap with details is that time when they ''announced'' that they were working on RoM and the Moschino SP on EA Play.

Also SimGuruFrost confirmed via Twitter that they are never going to announce paid DLC on the ''Inside Maxis'' Streams, so the way that they basically said that they were going to let us know if packs like these ''become more real'' in the Inside Maxis livestreams is very unlikely.

Honestly; it can be anything at this point. We have seen how they can come up with random plum no one asked for all the time.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 2021
    Going by other people's mentioned hints, I'm expecting to see a Celtic themed EP featuring werewolves sometime soon. I did originally think it was likely to be the June EP, but seeing how that's most likely Generations, I hope we can get it straight after.

Edit: If Generations truly is a ways off, as you say, then I'm expecting a Romance/Heist French themed pack (though why we didn't get it for Valentine's is beyond me) and a Celtic werewolf pack. May also get fairies as a Stuff Pack or with werewolves. idk
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    My guess based on some stuff I've heard circulating in my country - hotels, cars, farming, werewolves & faeries, zodiac system, height slider (this rumor is strong here). No baby improvements though...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Well I"m hoping for the following

Greek Islands or Brazil EP
    Romance GP
    Theme Park EP
    Generations EP with Malls and Cinemas
    Hotels GP