Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cinematic Camera lag/stutter during movements?

Been searching and searching for some fix for this, but I'm seriously struggling finding one.

When I'm in the cinematic camera "tab" mode. If I make a fast movement, there appears to be no issues. However, if I make a slightly longer one, the camera nearly always begins lagging or "stuttering". I have tried using the same movements several times, but it's so frustrating when you're having sims say walk in the background or there's movement around the 'scene'. My laptop isn't a low end laptop and I have used long camera movements in tab mode before and never had this issue until around 6 months ago. I've carried on working around it for now, but a recent project I'm working on really needs these camera movements to look right. I've tried adjusting settings graphically, even put the game into laptop mode just to test. The issue still occurs. I've tried repairing the game and running the game without mods. Still lags.

Computer Specs:

Windows 10
Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHZ
Installed RAM: 16.0GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Disk Space: OS (C:) 55GB out of 237GB, Data (D:) 496GB out of 931GB

Any help or advice would be appreciated. As I said, this only occured around 6 months ago. The camera movements were absolutely fine before then.

Comments

• Options
    K8SimsleyK8Simsley Posts: 4 New Member
    I do not have an answer for you, unfortunately. I am having an issue as well, my Cinematic camera points are stuck ON, despite having closed the game and turned off my computer and everything several times - Thus when I try to use the 9 key tp raise an object, it instead moves the camera to the point I had set earlier. As this was the first time I used the Cinematic Camera, I am not sure if there is a way to clear these points and it is very difficult to build when you can raise and lower objects :(