Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite expansion apart from seasons?

Comments

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    City Living
    zoldos9 wrote: »
    Does Sims 4 have "City Living"? I see a lot of people talking about it.

Hi @zoldos9
    Yes, City Living is a Sims 4 expansion pack that came out in 2016 I believe. Sims are able to live in apartments, there are festivals, and some new careers.
  • Options
    zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cool, I'll see about getting it! Thanks!!
    ~Z~
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together was one of the worst marketed and ended up for me being the best expansion they have put out. I actually like it better than Seasons, It has my favorite world, my favorite premade Sims and added the club feature which I use all the time. I also love the cafes. Just love this expansion, not one complaint about anything it added.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Get Together
    I vote Get Together, but City Living is very close.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Snowy Escape
    I quite like Snowy Escape because I like winter in general.
  • Options
    magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Ooh this is super helpful, as I am trying to decide which expansion pack to get next. After careful consideration (and I mean CAREFUL lol I am very stingy with myself when it comes to buying new packs) 'Get Together' is my front-runner, and I'm happy to see it being in the lead of this pole ^_^
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous is the only EP I bought on day one full price. Havent regretted it since. I still have my gripes about the small world, but the fame system was something that was perfect for my sims' stories at the time. Its above all my favorite EP.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    City Living
    While I don't have Seasons and don't really plan on getting it at any point soon due to a lack of interest in it, I do have to say that my favorite expansion so far is City Living! I enjoy the singing skill a lot. It's my favorite part of the expansion. I always have my Sims sing because I find the bad singing to be entertaining. And the songs sound great when your Sim reaches a high level. I also enjoy the world that comes with it, as it seems more alive to me than the other worlds. There are always so many Sims walking around or doing various activities around the city. The festivals are also cool, although I don't usually have my Sims go to them that often.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    City Living
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I enjoy the singing skill a lot. It's my favorite part of the expansion. I always have my Sims sing because I find the bad singing to be entertaining. And the songs sound great when your Sim reaches a high level.

You may already be aware, but if a sim has a high enough skill in both singing and guitar, the can sing songs while playing guitar.
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    There are always so many Sims walking around or doing various activities around the city. The festivals are also cool, although I don't usually have my Sims go to them that often.

I also love to people watch NPCs in the city, sometimes I get distracted watching the buskers and living statues and forget what my own Sims are doing. :lol:

• Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together is probably my top favorite behind Seasons because I love Windenburg, and the grouping and club system is pretty fun to play with. It's also an expansion where the majority of new content isn't limited to the new world that came with it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Get to Work
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Get Together was one of the worst marketed and ended up for me being the best expansion they have put out. I actually like it better than Seasons, It has my favorite world, my favorite premade Sims and added the club feature which I use all the time. I also love the cafes. Just love this expansion, not one complaint about anything it added.

I don’t think that it was so badly marketed, it’s just that everyone wanted toddlers at that time, and NOTHING was going to appease some people because they thought GET TOGETHER was coming out when they should have been bringing out toddlers. But, I agree, the pack was done well. It has a large beautiful world, and clubs are a favorite for many of us. Plus there are game activities. I think the club system should come base game with the next iteration of the sims, but then I think retail should be built into the base game too.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Get to Work
    I voted Go to Work because Aliens. I love Aliens.
    But it's tied with Get Together for the activities and world, and Snowy Escape for its festivals and absolutely beautiful scenery 💕
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    Cats and Dogs, can't live without these little creatures. I also really love City Living and had so much fun with Get To Work way back then when it was released. I haven't had the time to play with Island Living and Snowy Escape but both worlds are gorgeous.

I'm honestly surprised to see Get Together lead the poll. Other than Windenburg I rarely use that pack, so far that's my least favorite.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Eco Lifestyle
    Wow 1 in 4 people voted for get together. Honestly I think its well deserved. It was a tie for me between GT and EL. Windenburg is by far the largest world and the club feature is very useful for any kind of storytelling that involves groups. EL got 4th place. It did better than I expected, I thought it would end up last hehe. I hope we get more pack like these (with completely new features) in the future.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Get Together
    I'm actually pretty surprised Island Living is above Get Famous. I think it's more lackluster. If Get Together and City Living were not a thing, I would have voted for Get Famous. I think it is an underrated gem (a bit of a stretch I know, but oh well)
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    City Living
    > @kostasmpi said:
    > I did a poll without seasons because it is by far everyone's favorite expansion. This way we can get a better idea of what the community likes in terms of expansions.

I personally just found Seasons to be the least interesting of all the expansions I've bought thus far. An entire expansion dedicated to making random sims hold umbrellas.

For me it's a hard toss between get together and city living - but once I explore Eco and Get to Work more my thoughts might change.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Eco Lifestyle
    MElleSims wrote: »
    I'm actually pretty surprised Island Living is above Get Famous. I think it's more lackluster. If Get Together and City Living were not a thing, I would have voted for Get Famous. I think it is an underrated gem (a bit of a stretch I know, but oh well)

I agree that gameplay is lacking but Sulani is the most beautifull world they have added so far. I guess at the end of the day the world is an important part of each pack.
    I like get famous too but only because of the acting career. If you dont like that career there is not much to do with this pack. Plus, the world was dissapointing for many.
  • Options
    MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
    Get Together
    [quote="kostasmpi;c-17866659"][quote="MElleSims;c-17866504"]I'm actually pretty surprised Island Living is above Get Famous. I think it's more lackluster. If Get Together and City Living were not a thing, I would have voted for Get Famous. I think it is an underrated gem (a bit of a stretch I know, but oh well)[/quote]

I agree that gameplay is lacking but Sulani is the most beautifull world they have added so far. I guess at the end of the day the world is an important part of each pack.
    I like get famous too but only because of the acting career. If you dont like that career there is not much to do with this pack. Plus, the world was dissapointing for many.[/quote]

Sulani is definitely a prettier and better world than Del Sol Valley. But I do think there is much more to Get Famous than the acting career, since the celebrity system is imo very well thought-out and the best celebrity feature in any Sims game. Island Living is cool, but I prefer Eco Lifestyle to it. Similar features but a bit better implemented I would say.
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Get Together
    I choose Get Together because of how much I use it for family and friends gatherings in every world. Similarly of how Seasons affect every world, I use the features of this expansion in every family I have, however small. With singles I use it for friends gatherings. And I love the BB stuff and Windenburg.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    Eco Lifestyle
    kostasmpi wrote: »

I like get famous too but only because of the acting career. If you dont like that career there is not much to do with this pack. Plus, the world was dissapointing for many.

Sulani is definitely a prettier and better world than Del Sol Valley. But I do think there is much more to Get Famous than the acting career, since the celebrity system is imo very well thought-out and the best celebrity feature in any Sims game. Island Living is cool, but I prefer Eco Lifestyle to it. Similar features but a bit better implemented I would say.

I agree that the fame system is very good. What I meant is that if you have GF and decide to play as an actor you get a fuller experience than trying to become famous as a musician for example. That makes the pack feel a bit niche imo, like a game pack.
  • Options
    LixLix Posts: 5 New Member
    City Living
    Probably City Living or C&D, they look fun
  • Options
    Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    🟩 Eco Lifestyle
    I use that pack all the time. It fits so perfectly in my way of gameplay.
  • Options
    Avis_pixieAvis_pixie Posts: 16 Member
    Island Living
    I was torn between island living and snowy escape. Both are beautiful worlds and I like that my Sims can go on holidays to both now with the rental property update.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Island Living
    It's tough to decide which EP is the best since there are features in all of them I enjoy. Island Living is my favorite one because Sulani is so pretty and I love tropical worlds. The beach is one of my happy places in RL. Get Together is a close second because of the club system. Which is one of the best ideas the teams have introduced during Sims4's run. Eco Lifestyle is in third place because of the feeling of community, and for some odd reason I like having a world with trash. Cats and Dogs has fallen to 4th place because of the various glitches our pets have experienced, and because my Sims are too busy doing fun things and lack the time a pet requires. Discover University has been disabled. Too much repetition without much of a payoff in the end. Get Famous, Get To Work and City Living each offer features I like but don't use very often. I haven't played with Snowy Escape yet because I was rebuilding my mods and CC folders while building the skills my main Sims will need when they vacation there.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Get to Work
    It has lots of gameplay. Then DU, EL, GF, in terms of gameplay.