Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPCC 1.3.3.

2...Next

Comments

• NaunakhtNaunakht Posts: 3 New Member
    I consider NPCC mod to be essential to the historical challenges I tend to play. I hate that it's behind a paywall. I'm even willing to play my game offline to avoid updates if said updates cause NPCC to stop working :#
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Naunakht wrote: »
    I consider NPCC mod to be essential to the historical challenges I tend to play. I hate that it's behind a paywall. I'm even willing to play my game offline to avoid updates if said updates cause NPCC to stop working :#

You can turn off automatic updates in Origin. In the top, left corner of your Origin page choose Origin then Account Settings and you should see the option to turn off automatic updates.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I am following for any updates
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • LunarBritneyLunarBritney Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hi, 1.3.4c was released on the 30th of June. Grab it here:

*snip*

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed link as it is only available on their Patreon.
    Post edited by EA_Jason on
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2021
    Ahh finally, an updated NPCC.

I lost all patience with Paulson and his lack of interest to do anything for the wider community and i hold EA to account as much for not enforcing their own rules regarding modders.

So having a more up to date NPCC is very, very welcome.

Thank You Aquasim for providing some of these updated versions.

Edit: Using it now, there some options that i so hope would be added. disabling child fans and elders from work. At least with the former no longer an issue, it's just regular fans that i'll have to look into from time to time.

Also had a 109 error on a new save, the update of NPCC has cleared that error right out. Good.
    Post edited by Hoverael on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @AquaSim You are amazing! TYSM for sharing the latest version, I have been playing pretty vanilla since before Snowy Escape and decided yesterday to add my mods back in to play a new game and I knew that this mod was one I really wanted updated. Because I only like to see my own sims in the world (I delete all of EA's sims).

So when I went to check for any updates I saw that the latest versions (since at last year) are now all locked behind his Patreon and have never been publicly released. I don't mind waiting for it so that those who do support him, reap the benefits of it and I'd be more than willing to support him, but he ONLY has this mod. I can't justify when there are other mod creators who make just as complex mods, update quickly, and release them to the public within a reasonable time frame.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    ^ Did you see 3 posts above yours? Do you have any idea why a moderator edited that post? Do you have permission from Paulson to share his work in this way?
    @Vanilicious Hi, I do not have permission from Paulson to share his mod. However, whenever he releases a mod update, it's always left to be locked under a paywall and EA only allows a maximum of 2 weeks for a mod/cc piece to be under a paywall. Paulson needs to be stopped for this kind of stuff because it's just not okay.

Since I got a warning for posting Paulson's updates, I'd rather suggest using Zero's assign NPC roles mod https://www.patreon.com/posts/assign-npcs-47253623 and Bienchen's townieoverhaul_lessfame mod which stops NPC generation https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/ instead of the NPCC mod

Bienchen and Zero are probably my favorite modders out there in TS4 modding community right now
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Well, what a twisted response to how EA have fallen short of their own rules and how people like Paulson can get away with it while someone else is punished for releasing what Paulson should of released himself and what EA should have made him do. So now everyone and their dog can hide behind Patreon knowing EA won't do anything. A great example was set here today... and in completely the wrong way.

I honestly don't care if i'm warned for this, but if everyone else is getting punished and the ones who should of done something sooner can't lift themselves with what was their responsibility first, who is really at fault in the end?
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    @Hoverael The best thing we can do about greedy illegal rule-breakers like Paulson is to make them irrelevant. Don't use their mods. Any of them. Zero's mods work just fine and are FREE. Just ignore Paulson and any other greedy people that break the rules, and they'll eventually just disappear.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it - John Gilmore, 1993 :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    Good news, NPCC 1.3.7 is available for free !

https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-npcc-v-1-63420895

I'm getting some MCCC exceptions mentioning NPCC injector, and my sims can't read books anymore. He just drops them on the floor. Had to remove it. Oh well.
    Naemi wrote: »

I'm getting some MCCC exceptions mentioning NPCC injector, and my sims can't read books anymore. He just drops them on the floor. Had to remove it. Oh well.

Did you try the hotfix? It's posted on a different post, linked it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-hotfix-v-70305313
    edited August 2022

Did you try the hotfix? It's posted on a different post, linked it here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/public-hotfix-v-70305313

Just tried it. I still get an error message :
    (Failure: 'npcc_injector' (npcc_injector) Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid block type (error: Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid block type), CategoryID: None:596)
    Yet he can now read again ! :smiley: Thanks ! :smile:

Edit : And there it is : NPCC option no longer listed in the radial menu. Comments there are pretty much the same I'm seeing ingame, which is reassuring, but I can't play until this is fixed, with ugly townies popping up all the time, lol.
    Post edited by Naemi on
    I've been using the alternative to NPCC, "No Random Townies" and "Assign NPCs Roles", mentionned above in this thread, and haven't seen any game created townies in a while. So at least No Random Townies is working.

Now I can't get Assign NPCs Roles to show up in the menu.
    I've been using the alternative to NPCC, "No Random Townies" and "Assign NPCs Roles", mentionned above in this thread, and haven't seen any game created townies in a while. So at least No Random Townies is working.

Now I can't get Assign NPCs Roles to show up in the menu.

I no longer use any of these mods, so I cannot suggest anything but testing out these mods alone in fresh save files :/
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Isn't NPCC outdated? It wasn't updated since february. I just checked on Patreon.
    I used to use NPCC but I found it slightly annoying. I considered going back to this mod, but now I have to wait for it to be up to date.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg