Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

System Overhaul Suggestions

Hi, simmers!

There are a number of large-scale systems that dictate how we play the game, and I wanted to start a thread with suggestions for how they could be improved. Here are two that I think would improve the game tremendously if implemented:

1. Let us assign multiple lot types to the same lot! Let my sims live in the small flat above their shop or restaurant without having to take up an empty lot somewhere else where the game thinks they live. Let that commercial district I built all on one lot not only HAVE a cafe, a bakery, and a restaurant, but BE a cafe, a bakery, and a restaurant. Or how about a spa/onsen? Or a karaoke bar/lounge that hosts both talent night and the karaoke contest depending on the night? Removing the limit one on lot types would allow many of the beautiful creations simmers have made to function as intended.

2. Remove the distinction between NPC careers and playable careers, please! I find it unfathomably frustrating that the game spawns endless armies of ugly NPCs I don't care about to be mixologists on my community lots when I have sims who WORK as mixologists for their career. I can't believe the game won't let me hire playables to work in my restaurant or business when they have rabbithole jobs as chefs or food service or retail workers. I mean, come on! We could have so many more beautiful, playable workplaces if the game would just match the existing careers to their corresponding objects (food carts, etc.) or community lot types (could my barista work in the local cafe, maybe? Or how about if my lifeguard shows up in uniform on the beach?). So many of the existing careers could be Get-to-Work-style active careers, and our community lots could be so much richer and full of interaction, if the Sims team would just bring these two sprawling, independent systems (careers and community lots) together.

Comments

• Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I was JUST thinking #1 should be a thing!! I recently finished my promenade build - it has a pet store, restaurant, coffee shop, salon, gym, garden center - and it is uploaded under "generic" because we aren't allow multiple lot types. NUTS!!! I definitely wish this could be a thing. Additionally, I would like to make my own apartment complex!! Don't really understand why this isn't a thing yet...

...#2 is just BRILLIANT!!! Lately I have felt the crossover between certain sims was strange and THIS is the perfect solution.

My thoughts - not sure if this could be an overhaul on the game or not, but I would love to be able to slide the need bars again when cheats are activated...changing a single need to what you would like it to be instead of making the sim completely happy overall?? Not sure if that is explained properly or not...sorry!! I know there is a mod that can do this, but if it was just reintroduced into the sims 4 gameplay it would be great.