Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny moments

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I'm slow this evening. I had to stare at this picture for about a minute before I "got it". :joy::joy:

I didn't get it at first at all until after reading your reply and choosing to stare at it longer myself. :lol:

That extra note is really well camouflaged!

Yeah. I interpreted it as part of the plant at first. :lol:

And reading this whole conversation tonight is giving me a second round of laughter. :joy: I needed that after today. So, thanks!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited February 2022
    The Brothers Johnson
    This tale really begins several months ago, when I began playing TS4. I wanted to make a separate thread for it, but I couldn't, because I included screenshots.

Stave One: Prologue
    I have fun with Create-a-Sim, but my daughter, Z, turns this enjoyment level up to 11. We also enjoy browsing the Gallery together, finding interesting new characters to add to our game. As a result, our Gallery is full of Sims of every shape, size, and description.

Especially in our earliest days as Simmers, when we were learning how the game works, we restarted the game again and again, as we discovered we'd messed something up. Every time we created a new save, we populated it with different combinations of Sims from our Gallery. When we customized these new households, giving the Sims skills and careers, we saved them. As a result, the same Sim might appear in our Gallery as a member of six or seven different households--alone, paired with a spouse, or sharing a house with several roommates.

A Simmer named @Dadi_Bis has shared one Sim to the Gallery. He's named C.J Johnson. On 30 September, nine days after his appearance, Z and I found him and saved him to our Gallery.
    1dvBTOG.jpg
    C.J is a very likeable Sim, isn't he? He's been added to our saves several times. C.J usually befriends our main character, and he got the chance to play the lead role in one of our saves. As a result, several versions of C.J Johnson appear in our Gallery. One C.J is part of a group of six young adults we call "Friendsgiving," because we assembled it right before that holiday.

Stave Two: Wedding Bells
    Z and I recently started a new game, so we could try out some new things, including different settings for MCCC. We decided to place some homeless Sims in our world, so we could see where they might turn up. "Put Friendsgiving in," Z suggested. "They're fun." We were delighted when our Sim encountered C.J at the Spice Festival.

We have MCCC set to pull NPCs from our Gallery when the game requires them. We're also allowing MCCC to select Sims for marriage, including NPCs. These nuptials are set to occur every Saturday morning at 12:00 AM.

Z and I were pleased to see that C.J found himself a bride the first time Wedding Saturday rolled around. My daughter was even more tickled when she discovered MCCC had paired him with a Sim Z lovingly created, based on her second grade teacher. "Ohmigosh, that is SO. SWEET," Z declared. Miss Braxton was going to find her Happily Ever After with one of our favorite Sim dudes. <3

Stave Three: A Double Life, or Worse?
    Mr. and Mrs. Johnson appeared to be headed for a beautiful life together. They didn't have a house, but Z and I made a mental note to move them into one soon.

Another Sim-week went by. "Oooh, it's time for Wedding Saturday again," Z announced. "Let's see who gets matched this time." We scrolled through the notification wall, finding several more new couples...and then this announcement appeared...
    eWm61i4.jpg
    Z gasped audibly. "What is going on? He already HAS a wife!" She paused a moment. Her pretty face turned grim. "Did he DUMP her? He better NOT have!", she snarled.

We went to Manage Worlds and found the original Johnsons, still married. "You know, we can use MCCC to break them up, if you want," I pointed out.

"Let's do that. Miss Braxton deserves a man who won't MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN AT THE SAME TIME."

Z and I didn't see C.J during the next week. We figured he laid low, too ashamed of his bigamy to make a public appearance. Neither of the women he married showed up, either. And then, Wedding Saturday rolled around for a third time.
    cm3Q4Ea.jpg
    This time, Z and I roared with laughter. "I am NOT believing this!" she squealed. "He is SUCH a PLAYER!"
    "He's obviously determined to have two wives. If we take one of them away, he simply finds another one," I replied.

Unlike Mr. Johnson, I have one wife and no exes. My spouse heard her daughter and husband's sudden burst of loudness from two rooms away. She's become used to hearing random phrases such as these, which she now assumes are Sims-related.

"Do I want to know?" she asked with a grin.

Z and I certainly did want to know why our game was marrying C.J Johnson to multiple women. What evidence might we find that would help us crack the case?

Stave Four: Z Solves the Mystery
    Back to Manage Worlds we went, so we could look more closely at the households in our game. We hadn't seen a notification about C.J and Esther getting a divorce. Were both Charlotte and Esther living in a household with C.J?

As we looked through the list, we discovered there were no fewer than THREE iterations of Mr. Johnson in our game! One was unmarried. "That's the one we took Miss Braxton away from," Z observed. Two were wed, to Esther and Charlotte respectively.

I shook my head. "I thought we set MCCC to not add more than one Sim with the same name."

Then I felt Z tug on my arm. "Look, Dad. They DON'T have exactly the same name. When we saved him, we put another period in his name!"
    Sure enough, we had "C.J Johnson" and "C.J. Johnson" in our Gallery. If you look very closely at the screenshots of his marriage announcements, you can see the difference. Perhaps you already did. And all the Mr. Johnsons were such good catches that MCCC found them brides at the first time of asking.

If Z were a Sim, she would be approaching the day on which she ages up to Teen. I am proud to say she has maxed out her Mental skill. <3

Stave Five: But There's More...
    That explained why there were two Mr. Johnsons in our save, but there were actually THREE. We checked to make sure he didn't appear as "CJ Johnson, sans periods. No such luck. We can't figure out why MCCC summoned C.J Johnson to our game, when he was already present.

Z and I have decided that the Johnsons are, in fact, triplets. C.J. is married to the former Charlotte Bouchard. D.J.'s wife is the former Esther Sanderson. And B.J. is single, although we're thinking about reuniting him with Miss Braxton.
    TLZkUTa.jpg
    The Brothers Johnson, with Charlotte and Esther
    Here's the soundtrack for this story:
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    NSooZpF.png

There was just a lot of amazingness in this screenshot. The toddler lives in my played family, and wandered out into the sidewalk. This random NPC townie stopped by to chat with her (he is dressed amazingly) and they did NOT hit it off. He started to get increasingly annoyed with this toddler. I thought that was funny so I went to take a picture, and at that moment a random stray cat attacked a child who happened to be walking by, AND Morgyn Ember did the sad Charlie Brown walk in the background.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Johnny Zest has found his true calling. He's modeling for art students. On the second picture he looks a bit unsure about this new career. ;)
    z5VRmNL.png
    iBadeR7.png
  • AmandaLuallenAmandaLuallen Posts: 21 Member
    > @Busufu said:
    > Kid: "Bartender! Give me a drink!
    >
    >
    >
    > ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Kid: Hey! That was my drink!"
    >
    > That was all autonomous btw. :D

You've heard of stealing candy from a baby, but does that top stealing a rootbeer float from a child
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

What are the chances of randomly painting the EXACT painting twice in a row? :D
    LLgvaAq.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Admiral8Q, I thought that was a screenshot of your master forger and the completed one is the masterpiece being used as reference.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q, I thought that was a screenshot of your master forger and the completed one is the masterpiece being used as reference.

Can you do that in-game? lol

EDIT: Actually I'm playing right now. Teressa's second version ended up being the masterpiece! :D:D:DB)

I guess the first one was the prototype. :p
    The beta version. ;)

Qz6BaVr.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Was not actively playing with either of these Servos. Out at a club and when one Servo broke down and needed repair, the other one autonomously came immediately to his aid!

M1LWdQR.png
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I know potty humor isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the "extra note" had me rolling. xD

LdZ1rbO.png

He must've hit a bum note.

While the eldest girl in this family is stuck in her bear phase, I thought this image was funny and looked like the toddler and dog were saying "dad, our big sister's broken".
    YRfU4wA.png

(I'm actually not sure what to do about that. Her twin brother went through it and was over in a couple of Sim days but she's been like this for almost two real weeks.)
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • ZestyLemonLionZestyLemonLion Posts: 21 Member
    My favorite thing ever is how sims can get flirty or happy for peeing in a pool.
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    My favorite thing ever is how sims can get flirty or happy for peeing in a pool.

They can pee in a pool? New objective. Can the males pee in bushes or up against a tree?

Staying with toilet humour...

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow. (Sorry Nancy.)
    duNAuZL.png
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Simeon Silversweater was running around campus all afternoon in my game today...in the nude. He wasn't streaking, he was just running about...apparently heading to a party which he never did seem to find.

0b2b1f1ffde9f84993e07ad6ebe3ebf7fbd8c22e.jpg
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    This cracked me up. Had just moved into Key Point. Looks like Vlad had to swim.

vQfJJQo.png
    NRowe wrote: »
    This cracked me up. Had just moved into Key Point. Looks like Vlad had to swim.

vQfJJQo.png

This song should be the theme song of Vlad swimming! :D:D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvcdvTdITCk

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i don't have a pic but a few days ago i decied to try something differnt with my legacy and have the family meet the heirs fiancee. it went horriblly wrong instead of writing about a happy wedding i had to write a my dad stole my girlfriend and now shes my step mom post.
    i don't have a pic but a few days ago i decied to try something differnt with my legacy and have the family meet the heirs fiancee. it went horriblly wrong instead of writing about a happy wedding i had to write a my dad stole my girlfriend and now shes my step mom post.

Haha! That is funny! ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited March 2022
    Another from me. When your hair mod grows your male Sims hair overnight...

jgHY8T7.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I don't know why, but my sim's father (who lives in a different household) went fishing in the nude. (Free Love N.A.P., probably?) I tried to ignore this, reasoning that my active sims couldn't see what his dad was doing on the other end of the neighborhood. Unfortunately a good friend and mentor of the younger sim was in the neighborhood, too, and he walked up to the father, took out is phone and texted someone. Obviously the son, so now I HAD to react. Son walked up to father, they argued, then my sim's still naked father attacked him and won. If my sim ever had harboured any doubt about moving out, he now knew he had done the right thing :D
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I wonder what was in the text message @EnkiSchmidt

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member

Didn't manage to get a picture in time unfortunately, but my merman was doing some singing practice outdoors by the bonfire on his island. Halfway through a song, he suddenly stopped and had a paranoid moment ('Kensporza feree? Kensporza feree?!'), then resumed his song. It was almost as though he was checking to see if anyone was secretly watching him sing.
    I just thought the timing of the random paranoia moments for the Paranoid trait was amusing here, because it fits exactly with how I imagine my merman's character to react in different situations (and he would run away and hide if caught singing by a stranger).
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    8SsXg52.jpg
    The picture speaks for itself.
    Is this some weird Glimmerbrook cultural thing, where the welcome wagon serenades you with violins in addition to the traditional fruitcake? Well, it happened to Aurora and Antonin when they moved in!

GWgc6ZI.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    That's the performing arts NAP @GirafHuntr XD it seems apropos for Glimmerbrook I must say

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top