May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

Petition to have Sims 1 & 2 on Origin

2...Next

Comments

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 166 Member
    Yes, that would be awesome! :)

I sign
    Hauk150
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 118 Member
    I can still play Baldur's Gate on my PC, which predates The Sims by two years.

Yes, it's been updated for modern PCs by a third party company, but so what. If EA doesn't want to tweak TS1 to make it run well on new machines, there are a bunch of third party companies which would jump at the chance.

So yes, I think both TS1 and TS2 should be available for sale on Origin. There's really no excuse not to have them there.
  • Knight_WenstonKnight_Wenston Posts: 1 New Member
    Knight_Wenston
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 432 Member
    Signed, cody6268

GOG (and to an extent, Steam) has loads of computer games dating back to the 1990s, and I've bought a large number of them when on sale for $5 or less. Some I've bought I used to have when I had the original (2002 HP Pavillion with XP) PC around here, and the disks were toast. It's a bit of a game of chance when buying older disks. New in-pack copies for certain games can be expensive, and used disks are a minefield.

Why should Origin be any different? I have the 2009 edition of TS2 Double Deluxe, which seems to run pretty well on my W10 PCs. But, with any EPs and TS1, I have to probably go with older, used disks.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 186 Member
    Yes! I would so love to play TS Makin’ Magic again!

amp107

• cherylgibcherylgib Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, I love playing The Sims 2.

signed cherylgib