Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work - Will I Regret It?

2...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    You'll probably never even see any aliens unless you play the scientist career AND actively look for them. An evil scientist btw is awesome to play because the career comes with a ton of crazy appliances and potions that can manipulate other sims around you haha.

Actually, if you have Get Together, BE CAREFUL. Because Get Together has alien bar nights. The aliens will plague your game if you go to one of them, because it is then forced to generate alien townies.

If you are willing to use mods you can disable bar nights with mccc. I have disabled them for so long I totally forgot about them.

I wish Maxis would just put a toggle so that I wouldn't have to deal with mods though. It really annoys me when they make these features that force lifestates like aliens onto your game. I think abductions as a low random chance is fine...or how they worked in TS3 (1 alien could appear at night at the edge of your lot to scan objects) but these themed nights are 100% everytime and it's a huge amount of generated sims, just god awful game design.

On top of that this stupid feature makes me actively avoid bars in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    You'll probably never even see any aliens unless you play the scientist career AND actively look for them. An evil scientist btw is awesome to play because the career comes with a ton of crazy appliances and potions that can manipulate other sims around you haha.

Actually, if you have Get Together, BE CAREFUL. Because Get Together has alien bar nights. The aliens will plague your game if you go to one of them, because it is then forced to generate alien townies.

If you are willing to use mods you can disable bar nights with mccc. I have disabled them for so long I totally forgot about them.

I wish Maxis would just put a toggle so that I wouldn't have to deal with mods though. It really annoys me when they make these features that force lifestates like aliens onto your game. I think abductions as a low random chance is fine...or how they worked in TS3 (1 alien could appear at night at the edge of your lot to scan objects) but these themed nights are 100% everytime and it's a huge amount of generated sims, just god awful game design.

I also want toggles for occults but for the opposite reason. I want to see more of them without them being nerfed. I got get to work because I actually want aliens (just not on bar nights). A toggle would allow us to choose instead of this half way solution which disappoints players who love occults and worries realism players at the same time. Unfortunately for me (and apparently luckily for most players in this particular thread) they have been nerfed to the point where you barely notice them. I only run into them in the science career.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I sure did
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I really liked the active careers this pack had when it was first released. But at some point a few years back the careers got broken and I stopped playing with them. I don't know if they've been fixed but if they haven't been fixed yet I'd say you might regret it because those active careers were the big selling point.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    I sure did

@AngelEb95 Please elaborate.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I really liked the active careers this pack had when it was first released. But at some point a few years back the careers got broken and I stopped playing with them. I don't know if they've been fixed but if they haven't been fixed yet I'd say you might regret it because those active careers were the big selling point.

The detective career is still broken sort of. When you issue an APB to catch the thief there's only one sim on the lot making the whole "game" of who is who pointless.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @SheriSim57 Is there a way to download shops from the gallery and have them running without owning them? Because the only shops that work are the premades.

You don't have to keep ownership, just own it long enough to set things for sale.

What I do is:
    1. Place it in my build save
    2. Have my playtest sim buy it (cheat cash as needed)
    3. Visit with playtest sim
    4. [Optional] Make any BB edits required
    5. [Optional] Edit mannequins
    6. [Optional] Add missing craftables (playtest sim is maxed)
    7. Set items for sale
    8. Sell retail lot
    9. Save to Library overwriting original

Once the lot is saved with changes you can place it in any save and it'll work as intended when visiting.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member

I also want toggles for occults but for the opposite reason. I want to see more of them without them being nerfed. I got get to work because I actually want aliens (just not on bar nights). A toggle would allow us to choose instead of this half way solution which disappoints players who love occults and worries realism players at the same time. Unfortunately for me (and apparently luckily for most players in this particular thread) they have been nerfed to the point where you barely notice them. I only run into them in the science career.

This would fix it for both sides! They have the packs settings, why not just include all the packs and possible toggle off for supernatural things? I don't want Vampires squatting at my doorsteps, but like the BB, and I don't have Get to Work because I don't want aliens in my game.

It would be super useful, if these settings exist in game, just like you can toggle fame in GF. I guess mods would work, but I don't want them to then break with a patch and aliens running free on me before it's updated.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head