Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Falconcrest

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Monet11 thank you very much, there are plans for two dive lots one of which will not be decorated.

@Damienf519 I have several worlds built this very way with no complaints of lag from anyone who has downloaded these worlds, I think this one will be fine.

Thought I would share a CAW shot of the world as it sits right now still a LONG way to go........

Overview2.png
    Post edited by flstrider on
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Well, it is a good progress. And a nice overview, thanks!
    edited May 2021
    have been working on cleaning up the lots in the supernatural section since these were lots I originally built for Stormwind and noticed that some of the lots sank when they were added to the world so I will need to rework them. The first lot I wanted to rework was the vampire lounge and have the exterior and most of the basement completed.

Screenshot-2.jpg

Also added the wonderful town square build from @soocoolsim and the @DNARequestTeam they are the best!

Screenshot-3.jpg

The build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

The vampire lounge looks so cool! Great to see you've got the town centre in place @flstrider . You're doing a super job with Falconcrest and the world is coming along very nicely. My fav section is the Supernatural area. :smiley:
    Thank you again so much @soocoolsim and thank you for the compliments!

Well the Vampire Lounge is done, I have the supernatural hangout's exterior finished and will be working on this venue next......

Screenshot-4.jpg

and here is an overview of the supernatural area.......

Screenshot-6.jpg

Still a LONG way to go but the build continues............
    NewSig.jpg

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Everything is looking great @flstrider ! Loving your supernatural area builds.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @flstrider , Falconcrest is looking wonderful and I'm loving the looks of Vampire Lounge. And of course, @soocoolsim's town square lot looks perfect sitting there in the middle!
    The market place is really lovely! But nice progress overall. The Vampire Lounge looks appropriately sinister :)
    @suzses Thanks.... the supernatural section is a favorite of mine as well
    @Sandraelle @VincentT Thank you so much

leaving the supernatural section for a bit I decided to finish the layout of the main town area, fairgrounds (festival lot area) to figure out how much area is left for the rural area, "suburbs", and military base. The progress so far...

Screenshot-2(1).jpg

Fairgrounds (Festival grounds will be the center lot)
    Screenshot-4(1).jpg

Screenshot(1).jpg

School and Hospital area
    Screenshot-3(1).jpg

The build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

Completed the Military Base........

Military_Base.jpg

I found two old lots I built, one was for a tutorial and the other was based off of an idea of my fantasy home. When I put them into the world the tutorial lot sank quite a bit and the other had so much CC that it did not look good at all so I am going to rebuild these lots as I really want them in the world. The first lot I am working on is the fantasy house.......

FLST_Fantasy_House.png

Will post more as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @flstrider Awesome to see you back and building again! It looks great!
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    The Military Base looks very nice. Is there, or will there be, any small housing in that area where military families can live?
    "Fantasy house"... that sounds intriguing :)
    edited June 2021
    @Monet11 the area to the right of the military HQ building is the housing area there are 5 "starter" homes
    @bekkasan Thank you and it's good being back

The FLST Fantasy house is complete.........

Screenshot-5.jpg

1st floor: 4 bedrooms, 5 baths, workshop, gym, (empty room for those who have the sauna)
    Screenshot-6(1).jpg

Basement: Game room, music room, workshop, theater, secret super hero hideout & an empty room for others to decorate (or delete)
    Screenshot-7.jpg

The building continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

The fantasy house lives up to its name! A hidden superhero den, that's awesome :D
    @VincentT Thanks it was a fun build

The second lot I found was part of a tutorial I took part in called the ZooProfessor's Sims 3 Beginning Builder's University Courses: Course 1, Building a farm. I am not sure if those courses are still available but they were so much fun!

Screenshot-9(1).jpg

The building continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

Completed the "Circle D" Farm.....

Screenshot-10(1).jpg

Screenshot-13(1).jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-11.jpg

And the Garage and Barn.....
    Screenshot-15(1).jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Next step in the build will be to design the rural area and "suburbs". More to come as the build continues......
    NewSig.jpg

Finally completed the layout for the rural district. This area contains the Equestrian Center rabbit hole.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg

Screenshot-17.jpg

Still have a few details to add to the area such as fences, plants trees and rocks and a few other farm details. I will also update post two "world details" to include the info of this zone.

so the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    The rural area looks great! The world is coming along very nicely @flstrider 🌸
    Nice layout for the farming area! It looks perfectly busy!
    @soocoolsim Thank you! If I am not mistaken there is a DNA build in this area.
    @VincentT Thank you!

Completed the remaining layout of the world and now the difficult part of completing various lots, assigning lot types (especially the hidden tomb and no visitors allowed) for the community lots, adding addresses, spawners, and the street details......

Screenshot-19.jpg
    NewSig.jpg

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @flstrider
    It looks amazing. My only complaint is how square some of the landmasses are. It looks rather odd.
    @Damienf519 Thank you for both the compliment and complaint. Please remember that, as I said in the first post, this was the first world I have built in well over three years. I needed to start out with something simple, a world that I could reacquaint myself with the fundamentals of the CAW tool. I used an existing height map from the Unreal Engine so that I would not have to worry about terrain sculpting large area's until I was comfortable again with the sculpting tools. The next world I work on will begin from scratch and be on a flat map to start.
    NewSig.jpg

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    flstrider wrote: »
    @Damienf519 Thank you for both the compliment and complaint. Please remember that, as I said in the first post, this was the first world I have built in well over three years. I needed to start out with something simple, a world that I could reacquaint myself with the fundamentals of the CAW tool. I used an existing height map from the Unreal Engine so that I would not have to worry about terrain sculpting large area's until I was comfortable again with the sculpting tools. The next world I work on will begin from scratch and be on a flat map to start.

You're welcome. I think you could still edit those squire cliffs to make them look a bit more realistic. Just because you didn't start out from scratch, doesn't mean you can't edit it. Just make it so there aren't so many straight lines along the coast.

• suetoopsuetoop Posts: 34 Member
    Looking great, @flstrider! I'm looking forward to playing in your new world, I have all your worlds and love them all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top