Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves & Fairies?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited May 2021
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

The "... only works when you're playing with redacted sims" still doesn't make sense...

I think the redacted sims are fairies. Werewolves dont have a hidden world. The school lot wouldnt be refered to as a world. I think fairies make the most sense.

If the School is a boarding school, then having a neighborhood-sized world with 3-5 lots (dorms, commons, library... classroom?) is perfectly viable. Basically University for Teens/Kids
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Redacted sims may simply mean 'free trial' sims?
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Werewolf skills:

Can turn into a wolf (Animal)?

Can call other wolves or werewolves?

Is alergic to Silver?

Can control the werewolf form?

Sence of smell. What Things can it smell on a Sims?
    Can smell another romantic partner on its partner?

Can give birth to a litter of babies?

Can smell fertility or give off feromones?

Can smell and hunt vampires?

Can they have a secret lot, with a trival Alfa leader, and their followers, an Moon tweking Trival idol and hunting grounds.

Can the leader confront Vlad?

Can they have a pack and beta parteners?

Strenght, Speed, pursue byclicles, balls and cats.

Move the leg when scratched.

Infectious bite, It can turn the sim into a werewolf or give him rabies.

Purporsely give fleas to other sims

Talk to dogs...

Toddlers howling to the moon... I don't know......
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

The "... only works when you're playing with redacted sims" still doesn't make sense...

I think the redacted sims are fairies. Werewolves dont have a hidden world. The school lot wouldnt be refered to as a world. I think fairies make the most sense.

If the School is a boarding school, then having a neighborhood-sized world with 3-5 lots (dorms, commons, library... classroom?) is perfectly viable. Basically University for Teens/Kids

Yes but the redacted sims have been described as awesome. I dont think they would refer to age groups we allready have. It is either preteens or an occult.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »

I didn't know I needed this but now I do! That would be adorable.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Werewolf skills:

Is alergic to Silver?

Can they have a secret lot, with a trival Alfa leader, and their followers, an Moon tweking Trival idol and hunting grounds.

Talk to dogs...

I think everything I bolded would make awesome skills/powers for the werewolves.

The silver would be more of a weakness, but if we want them to be fleshed out like vampires, I think weaknesses are more than necessary.

Something else I thought of that could set werewolves apart from normal Sims.

- Forced shifting when "Enraged" (ie instead of dying when they reach this state, a werewolf will shift into their wolf form and be unable to change back for a specific number of hours?) Similarly, if we wanted to keep them being able to die of being enraged under normal circumstances, this could be moved to one of the powers? (ie if you pick that power, your Sim will shift instead of dying, which makes it a "good thing" in some way.)
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Hey guys, can you tell me what's the deal is with fairies?

I'm both a supernatural and realistic player and I play all the available occults in the game regularly, but I don't understand the special allure of fairies... Well, not in the Disney Tinkerbell sense of the concept anyway. Is it the aesthetic, the wings, the dust? What can fairies do that Spellcasters can't? I'm genuinely interested.

Frankly if they take inspiration from every tales and folklore around the world, fairies would be so different from spellcaster: Enchantment, Changellings, Fairy gifts to new born babies, Fairy godmother, tooth fairy, moon fairies, Controlling weather or elements like in TinkerBell, blessings or curses!!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    I like your passion for the subject!

The thing is... its quite likely, based on previous iterations of the game, that it will be a more American-centric vision of the subject, more Disney Tinkerbell than Nimue. Not that it's bad exactly, it's just not my preference. I love the more tradition vision of the fae folk. I just wondered what other people thought.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited May 2021
    Werewolf skills:

Is alergic to Silver?

Talk to dogs...

this sounds awesome, I'll just add some more stuff to flesh it out like Vampires for instance

a bipedal wolf form kind of like the werewolves from Skyrim.

a wolves bane weakness.

full moon weakness to counteract the transformation at will power.

uncontrollable hunger works like uncontrollable thirst since werewolves were known to eat human hearts but make it more cartoony to be more family friendly.

werewolves should also get a special moodlet for being nude or in tattered clothes, werewolves tend to rip and tear their clothes when transforming.

maybe a new death type the only affects werewolves.

add in Werewolf cure and werewolf lore skill, in case you want a normal sim that hunts other monsters besides vampires.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Werewolves come in all shapes and sizes, you have the Wolfman/Teen Wolf Variation, Lycan/Skyrim/Underworld Variation, Dire Wolf/Twilight Variation and the Wolf Variation which literally turns you from a normal human into a normal wolf, if Werewolves get a perk tree I hope it let's us pick which Lycanthrope form we turn into between these four.

Exactly! I would love werewolves to come in all shapes and sizes. I would love to be able to choose which type of werewolves I want my sims to be! That's very clever of you, temporalgod! :)