Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Automatic dates.

Is there anyway to stop my group outings turning into dates? Sometimes I just want my sims to hang out together without the date pressure.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited April 2021
    In my experience, group outings become dates as soon as anyone performs a romantic interaction.

Since Sims with certain traits will flirt autonomously (even aside from the obvious romance-oriented traits. Charismatic and Inappropriate sims will flirt autonomously too) keeping the group outing strictly friendly can be easier said than done without micromanaging their conversations.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In my experience, group outings become dates as soon as anyone performs a romantic interaction.

Since Sims with certain traits will flirt autonomously (even aside from the obvious romance-oriented traits. Charismatic and Inappropriate sims will flirt autonomously too) keeping the group outing strictly friendly can be easier said than done without micromanaging their conversations.

Thank you so much for your reply.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I often run into the issue where my sim just invites their interest over, it automatically turns into a date, and five seconds after their ""date"" stepped foot on the lot they turned around and went home. It gives my sim a debuff and drives me crazy.
    I often run into the issue where my sim just invites their interest over, it automatically turns into a date, and five seconds after their ""date"" stepped foot on the lot they turned around and went home. It gives my sim a debuff and drives me crazy.

Yeah the group system is strange and taking some getting used to that's for sure.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

If you get the "Excellent Groupie" reward that will stop this.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

If you get the "Excellent Groupie" reward that will stop this.

Interesting. I will definitely have to look into how that is obtained. Thanks for the tip.