Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improving packs instead kits?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Small activities, skills and items without editing all the worlds like the Eco Footprint was, but full related with the packs theme instead generic BG updates:

Get Together can have the disco ball.

Seasons can have the composting bin from TS2 to store and produce fertilizer without saturing the Sim inventory with poo, fishes or harvestables, or something else, for example, swimming pool cleaning due leaves and non using during cold weather, like in The Sims Freeplay.

Cats & Dogs can have dog houses and playable pets without mods.

Snowy Escape can have the Karate skill back with a wooden dummy and a board break. The EP is inspired by the japanese culture so it fit with the pack.

Spa Day can have the Zen Garden back or the Tai Chi skill.

Outdoor Retreat can have the axe throwing activity or the log roller. Both items first featured in Three Lakes map from TS2 Bon Voyage, that are full mountain/outdoor/rustic activities to share with other Sims.
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    For example,

Seasons can have the composting bin from TS2 or something else, for example, swimming pool cleaning due leaves and non using during autum or winter.

Island Living can have actual scuba diving features like diving lots, skill and death by shark or lack of oxygen, releasing all the debug submarine items like algae and corals. Maybe this can fit better with a SP that requires IL.

Those should be free EP improvements or patches. For instance they could patch dog houses and they'd have 0 functionality unless you have the Cats and Dogs EP. Similar to what happens with other pet stuff if you buy My First Pet Stuff.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    For example,

Seasons can have the composting bin from TS2 or something else, for example, swimming pool cleaning due leaves and non using during autum or winter.

Island Living can have actual scuba diving features like diving lots, skill and death by shark or lack of oxygen, releasing all the debug submarine items like algae and corals. Maybe this can fit better with a SP that requires IL.

Those should be free EP improvements or patches. For instance they could patch dog houses and they'd have 0 functionality unless you have the Cats and Dogs EP. Similar to what happens with other pet stuff if you buy My First Pet Stuff.

Well I've just edited the OG post with another suggestions for GPs, but yes, 100% free updates for packs instead BG. Island Living scuba related features are too heavy for a patch or update, maybe another product like a SP can fit better.

Of course, Packs updates can be released along with BG updates, so there's no problem with fans that have less or more products.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I mean, I am sure most people would would enjoy updates to DLC content. Myself included. I have wanted them desperately for the packs that disappointed me. However, I seriously doubt EA would take a double loss. I.E. Both focusing on essentially free pack improvements and then giving up paid kits to boot. So I would take whatever route grants those pack improvements. I want pets and witches to be my favorite things again.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I have to agree with @Calico45.

In a "perfect world" what you suggested would be wonderful and amazing! I would be thrilled with them updating the existing packs with a few more game play items.

But we're talking about EA here. I see 2 issues with this suggestion (thinking from how we know EA thinks)
    • Updating existing packs cost time, money, and resources (pulling people off of working on new packs to work on stuff for existing packs) = absolutely no monetary benefit
    • Not making kits = losing out on potential monetary benefit.

Now, if we're talking making the kits actually be a cohesive and non-random stuff that will actually work well with existing packs, then I'm all for that. I personally would rather have kits be something that "enhances and enriches" the game play aspect of existing packs.

And yes, I know people would go all ballistic about how this or that should have been in this pack or that pack, which I'm not denying it should!

But to me, if I had to choose the lesser of 2 evils out of A or B:

A: Kits are just random hodge-podge things that don't really fit existing packs functions, themes, or both
    B: Kits add on to existing packs by introducing new gameplay elements that work cohesively with existing packs on both themes and functions

I will chose B every time!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Small activities, skills and items without editing all the worlds like the Eco Footprint was, but full related with the packs theme instead generic BG updates:

Seasons can have the composting bin from TS2 to store and produce fertilizer without saturing the Sim inventory with poo, fishes or harvestables, or something else, for example, swimming pool cleaning due leaves and non using during cold weather, like in The Sims Freeplay.

Snowy Escape can have the Karate skill back with a wooden dummy and a board break. The EP is inspired by the japanese culture so it fit with the pack.

Outdoor Retreat can have the axe throwing activity or the log roller. Both items first featured in Three Lakes map from TS2 Bon Voyage, that are full mountain/outdoor/rustic activities to share with other Sims.

Those are all nice activities, but I don't think we should have to pay 5$ to get them when they could have easily fit into the big packs you mention. This is how we end up with bare bones EPs and GPs.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

Those are all nice activities, but I don't think we should have to pay 5$ to get them when they could have easily fit into the big packs you mention. This is how we end up with bare bones EPs and GPs.

Exactly as most features that was once free or present in previous versions are now for sale, I would get out before I sell out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    For example,

That’s why kits would work perfectly for them, just like dust the bust could have been in a pack but wasn’t. The things she listed would all be good kits,
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I wish patches were focused on more than kits and stuff packs. No amount of clutter is going to fix the game but will hinder performance.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller