Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite thing to do in the game? and what packs help that?

2...Next

Comments

• im_not_originalim_not_original Posts: 1 New Member
    I like to find all the different ways to the Sims...

Is that morbid? Maybe

Is there something wrong with me? Probably

Is it fun??? Yes, yes it is :blush:
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Talking sims on holiday. Pre the rental lot patch outdoor retreat and jungle adventure were my go to packs and still are. Apart from mt komorebi and san myshuno the other worlds I find are boring to take a holiday in.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I like having hobbies to do, crafting things, cooking new recipes, occult/supernatural, seasonal activities. I alternate between single/couple families and those with kids for gameplay. I love my pets but really miss horses. I do like when they have goals/story like Strangerville and Jungle Adventure. Back in the day I really loved Castaway and Sims Medieval. Anything with the past or future is really neat too.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SaveirxSaveirx Posts: 29 Member
    I like to do multiple things in the sims. On one of my saves I'm currently having my sim pursue her dream career, being a scientist. On another save I have a single mom trying to raise twins. My other save has a full family, 2 parents and 2 kids, but they are all dolls and they live in a doll house. On my last save I have a vampire mother with a spellcaster daughter.
    6a3kniwvkzc11.jpg
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My favorite thing to do in the game is create. I love to create new characters, design new buildings, make new stories
    I also like to play the game, but in a special way, I like to roleplay each family according to the backstory that I assign them
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm the simmer that does it all, apart from building lol don't get me started on my building, thank goodness there's a gallery 😂 or my world would just be full of squares lol, I'm a family player, supernatural player, sometimes I play them together, I also like playing roommate sims that just want to party and some of my households have pets and some live in apartments etc, since I play with my sims having children and having generations in their family, I will eventually get through all the gameplay and careers, I own all packs and kits so far, I used them all
  • tx631292tx631292 Posts: 18 Member
    build and create
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I guess I play legacy style, I start a family and go through the generations with them. I use all the packs, since my families will do multiple things, one generation will go treasure hunting, all of them normally go on vacations, some will be self employed, a few will own businesses, a few will be in active careers, some will own pets. A few will become super naturals or befriend super naturals. There really isn't any pack that doesn't add to my gameplay in some way.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Lilacsky22 wrote: »
    It sounds like my play style is " similar" to all of yours. Haha. I guess I just love doing it all, and maybe I would benefit from getting all packs eventually. I just thought it was an interesting question to ask rather than asking what is your favorite packs. It's great insight and helps me to decide which ones I should get next, plus I love hearing the stories. I do love story telling but I get side tracked fast in this game. :)

I think I would enjoy Get Famous, but I'm always worried the famous people will take over my game like in sims 3.

I enjoy Get Famous. I deleted Baby Ariel right away because I don't want real people in my game. I am only annoyed by Brytani Cho. I would delete her, but my scoundrel is trying to get her attention. If you use mods, there are some that stop celebrities from showing up on certain lots. They do love the festivals though. I am not sure what would happen if you delete them all. Someone else may know.

I let my style influencer get a little bit famous, it adds a bit of flavor since she does spend a lot of time on social media. The fame system can be toggled off when you don't want to use it. There are several CAS options that I use regularly. And I think the buy/build objects are fantastic. In my opinion, it is absolutely worth getting when it's on sale.

I think if you delete the premade celebs then randoms are made (similar to deleting all the clubs) just so celebrities and associated gameplay still exists in game.
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm kind of an all-around player too. I dabble in building, CAS, and regular gameplay, but I definitely prefer certain packs over others for these things.

- Building: I use Get Together and Vampires a ton because I like making old houses or mansions, and those items are perfect. Also, I can't landscape without the Romantic Garden stuff pack. I love the colorful flowers. Strangerville also has some really nice windows and doors for my old homes.

- CAS: I make a lot of goth or vampiric sims, so I use Realm of Magic and Vampires a lot. Those items are amazing. University also has some great clothing options for my young adults and teens who want to look comfy but still preppy. City Living has the most diverse range of clothing, so I use a lot of that pack's clothing, as well. Some stuff packs have really good, niche clothing items like boho stuff in Movie Hangout, cute hoodies in Toddler Stuff and evening gowns in Luxury Party.

However, I will use CC for hairs and clothing. Sometimes I need more ethnically diverse clothing options or a wider range of updos so all my sims don't show up to their weddings with the same haircut.

- Gameplay: I used to mostly just play as a single, young adult sim, and I still do sometimes, if I want a more relaxed gameplay session. I have some vampires that I'm still playing with two years later and evolving their stories and relationships. More recently, though, I've been playing families, especially as those single sims of mine have matured, married, and gotten promoted. I get very attached to them. My one sim, who looks like Barbie, just achieved her dream of being a top chef while being married to a mermaid and giving birth to four kids (all of whom are now toddlers). Sometimes it gets a little dull because I play with the longest life spans, but I appreciate taking the time to get to know all of them. They feel more real with those longer life spans.

Packs I use to enhance my gameplay are Seasons, Snowy Escape, Get Together, Get to Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, and Spa Day.

All in all, I use pretty much all of the packs. :smiley: They make for a very well-rounded experience.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    The longest I have ever stuck with one family is my royal save file. It has expanded over the years to include a back story for all of the occult’s and their families. I’ve reached 10 generations with my royal save.

I started with three sister who scorned the wrong man back in the Middle Ages. Eldest was cursed to become a vampire for her cold heart and so she could never bear children of her own - she’s a dark and twisted woman with a whole coven with in fighting and dark and twisted story lines. So mainly Vampires and Get Together for this family.

The middle sister was cursed to remain a human so she could never live with either of her sister and would perish never being able to save her sisters from their curse. She outsmarted the guy and became a witch and immortal. Realm of Magic for this one. She fell in love with a potion maker had a daughter and started a magic school. Her daughters story is dark as well - she was seduced by a magic student who turned to the dark side and he turned her against her family.

The youngest sister was cursed as a mermaid due to her frivolous ways - cursed to never have a man fall in love with her. Every man she is with dies/drowns in mysterious ways. I’ve played her family the least. All her kids are mermaids - sons can’t father kids - a weird side effective of the youngest curse but she lives in the ship wreck on the island and has collected all of the shells. Her eldest daughter revolted against her kind ways and the fact no man can ever truly fall in love in a mermaid - it always ends tragically - so she split from her mum and birthed her own line of evil Sirens who drown as many men as possible.

My royal family are descends of the witch. I’m on my 10th generation. They use Get Famous to be global superstars so going out in public impacts their freedoms. They travel a lot and have multiple homes. I schedule their holidays in the seasons calendar. It’s on a 4 week season. They have a butler/maid in a country home they summer in and a big Hampton home in Bridleton bay they stay in every now and then. They summer in Sulani for a week, go skiing the week before Christmas - returning the day before Christmas Eve and holiday in a lodge in Granite Falls and Villa in the jungle. They also have weekenders to San Myshuno and live it up in a fancy spa and restaurant.

To sum it up I use every game pack. I have a legacy - also descendants of the witch/middle sister and really enjoyed the generation that were doctors and the wife a Stay At Home mum who had 4 kids and they got up to all sorts of misadventures. Eldest sister became a Marine Biologist and lived with her husband in an adorable beach shack.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My most favorite thing to do in my Sims 4 is making my Hybrids. I love using the Occult Traits to add on an occult to one sim to make my sim very, very powerful. :D
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Playing a big family, creating stories for them. My sims couple currently have five daughters. Planning to have a little bit more, maybe they'll stop when they'll have a son.

Auto aging is off, so I get to age them up whenever I like. PARENTHOOD enhances my gameplay, so does SEASONS. Get Together not so much because my sims don't have time to join clubs, but the world is so big and beautiful so I bought it.

I also love dressing sims up.

I'm never a builder. If I try, all I ever build are boxes. I don't have the patience to read and watch tutorials. So the Gallery and the sims community are a very big help to my game.

I do wish more things, like story progression, will be added to this game.
  • ThaPhoenix1ThaPhoenix1 Posts: 132 Member
    Building is my favourite. The best packs for that are Spa Day (I think it has the objects I use most often) and City Living. The Pack of which We Do Not Speak is also great for building. I don't use it for much else. >.<
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's been a surprise to me, but giving my teen sims a Cosplay hobby.
    It started with City Living and the Geekcon festival and Get Together for clubs.
    11-20-18_10-05-34nbspAM.png

I would look for CC for popular culture Cosplay outfits.
    09-26-16_8-22-08nbspAM.png

As the years passed, I got more content to support my cosplaying sims.
    Get Famous had a motherload of supportive content.
    11-21-18_2-52-32nbspPM.png

11-21-18_3-19-33nbspPM.png

11-23-18_9-21-02nbspAM.png

Videoblogs on cosplaying and live-streaming at Geekcon and at my cosplayers hangout.
    11-23-18_10-30-20nbspAM.png

And then we got Journey to Batuu, for the ultimate Geek-getaway destination.
    09_13_20_2_13_04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_13_20_2_46_22_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Lightsabers and better costumes!!!
    09_19_20_10_52_13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_55_51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And of course Mosquino Stuff, for the new photography objects.
    09_19_20_11_07_20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I have to have photos for the walls.
    09_19_20_11_34_03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So:
    City Living: Geekcon
    Get Together: Cosplayer Clubs
    Get Famous: Costumes, Actor marks, Sets, Video-blogging, Live-streaming,
    Get to Work: Costume Mannequins
    Mosquino Stuff: Photography objects
    Journey to Batuu: Vacation destination, costumes, lightsabers,

That said, I believe this is about to come in second as I perfect my teen sims going to prep school for University.
    I will however, fit in time for their cosplay hobby.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ThheFornicatorThheFornicator Posts: 27 Member
    For me I like interior designing and character creation.
    I move where my heart takes me.. I am not bound to anything.
    edited May 2021
    For me I like interior designing and character creation.

I hope they bring Design career to TS4.
    It was nice to have decorating and building as game play for your sims.

[Edit]
    Done!
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • isobel13isobel13 Posts: 23 Member
    My favourite thing is to, starting from nothing, go all the way to the top of a (exciting) career, while building my dream home bit by bit with the money I make (you know, like, something that will never happen IRL ^^). So I really enjoy Get to Work for the ability to accompany my Sim to work and having a real hand in their performance.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I build the houses, I create the Sims, I give them all a house and jobs and a start in life and go on in that way, giving them all complete autonomy and long lifetimes. I like to go up to the total Sims limit and beyond and then go and see how some of them are getting on from time to time. Ghosts, urns and all. I now have many Saves like that.

A bit like a god really!

Although the Cosplay above has been a favorite thing for my sims as it has grown,
    my most recent thing has been building and playing my Prep School for University bound teens.

It brings my various teen sims under one roof to prepare them for University and serves as a term rotation point for the two groups of students taking turns at the two schools.
    09-13-20_1-18-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

05_16_20_12_55_33_PM.png

09_12_20_2_33_53_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This thread goes into much more detail about it, from the initial idea, the building of it, and the playing of it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968807/college-prep-school-dorm-the-follow-up

Packs:
    Parenthood
    (For Parenting skills for the school counselor and administrator.)
    University: (The main point of the game play)
    Get to Work: (For my Ubrite and Foxbury themed student stores)
    Snowy Escape/Island Living/Jungle Adventures/Outdoor Retreat/Strangerville/Journey to Batuu; (For vacation destinations)