Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genuine question for those who dislike TS4

hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Why did you keep playing,? Or still buy the new packs?..

Just curious to know and im not actually asking in a malicious way I truly wants to know what keeps you buying and playing ?
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    trust me, pretty much nobody that talks about the game dislikes it. very few people may, but giving criticism about something is not always to show disgust but rather to try and improve the product. some people is more eloquent so people doesn't perceive them as rude while other people may just choose wrong words or explain poorly and cause arguments.
    i like ts4 but i'm mostly giving feedback on how it could be better, what i feel it's lacking or also criticizing ea cuz come on lol
    why do i keep playing? cuz the game is pretty and the cas & build has more freedom than in past games (except cast from ts3 which allowed for so many ideas) but i feel that the gameplay is lacking, there are too many packs and not enough content, and ea doesn't seem to be treating Maxis the way they should, so i believe they give them poor budget or don't pay them enough, stresses them on making lots of packs rushed and overall devs are the face of the franchise for many people, so any decision taken on the game people will blame them.
    i've been playing the sims since i was very little so despite ts4 not being my fav game, i happen to want the best for the franchise.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I agree with you, but you're not going to get a logical answer that makes any sense.

Oh no that makes sense lol. I guess I wonder cause with me I'm not going to continue to support a franchise that im constantly having issues with but we are all different in how we handle things
    2llotup.jpg
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

Just curious to know and im not actually asking in a malicious way I truly wants to know what keeps you buying and playing ?

I hate different aspects of TS4 when playing without mods and CC. I love creating sims in CAS and I love to build. Some mods and CC require certain packs to use. I buy packs knowing they'll probably be incomplete and buggy by nature and that I'll need mods to fix what is missing. I wouldn't try to play this game vanilla except after updates to find the problems in the game before reinstalling mods.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    bella_goth wrote: »
    trust me, pretty much nobody that talks about the game dislikes it. very few people may, but giving criticism about something is not always to show disgust but rather to try and improve the product. some people is more eloquent so people doesn't perceive them as rude while other people may just choose wrong words or explain poorly and cause arguments.
    i like ts4 but i'm mostly giving feedback on how it could be better, what i feel it's lacking or also criticizing ea cuz come on lol
    why do i keep playing? cuz the game is pretty and the cas & build has more freedom than in past games (except cast from ts3 which allowed for so many ideas) but i feel that the gameplay is lacking, there are too many packs and not enough content, and ea doesn't seem to be treating Maxis the way they should, so i believe they give them poor budget or don't pay them enough, stresses them on making lots of packs rushed and overall devs are the face of the franchise for many people, so any decision taken on the game people will blame them.
    i've been playing the sims since i was very little so despite ts4 not being my fav game, i happen to want the best for the franchise perhaps for nostalgic reasons.

Ah I see. So you enjoy the game but just certain aspects of you do not like ? Which is understandable. I do agree that there are some bugs that need to be worked out. I've just noticed that made it seem like that completely hate the game and the franchise but continue to buy every pack. I hope that makes sense :)
    2llotup.jpg
    drakharis wrote: »
    hunniboo1 wrote: »

I hate different aspects of TS4 when playing without mods and CC. I love creating sims in CAS and I love to build. Some mods and CC require certain packs to use. I buy packs knowing they'll probably be incomplete and buggy by nature and that I'll need mods to fix what is missing. I wouldn't try to play this game vanilla except after updates to find the problems in the game before reinstalling mods.

I too love to CAS and build! To me they are so relaxing even though I cannot build a small sim home to save my life lol. Oh! Where would we be without mods? I do sometimes wish that modders would be compensated for their work cause a lot them put in a some time to create the ones they do.
    2llotup.jpg
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I don't use any mods other than one for woohoo, and I could easily live without it (it's just for laughs). I'm not good at building either, but it is indeed fun
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Because they still like parts of it I think. I know I can be critical sometimes but there are still parts that I like with the sims4.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    I feel like people who truly dislike the game probably don't still play it. People who still play it are more likely to dislike parts of it, rather than all of it entirely, and so they stay for the aspects they like.

There are aspects of the game I like that keep me playing, and aspects I dislike that I would like to see changed. My critique of those aspects is not equal to my entire feelings on the game.

One of the reasons I still play despite being frustrated by some aspects is because I play other games that provide me with things TS4 lacks. For example, when I want a challenge, I'll go play Civ VI or Skyrim or some other game that provides me with a challenge (recently purchased Crusader Kings 3 which is like The Sims mixed with....Game of Thrones). If I just want to relax, I'll go decorate a house in TS4. This makes it easier for me to forgive TS4's shortcomings because when I get frustrated with it, I just go play another game and come back to this one for something else. Basically, I lowered/changed my expectations about what this game could provide for me, and that makes it easier to come back to. Again, that doesn't mean I still can't offer critique on things I personally don't think work, or discuss things I wish the game had.

The other reason is because there's not another life sim game at this level, so my options are limited. Basically, I make do with what I have.
    Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited April 2021
    I don't hate TS4, I just don't LOVE it. I am frustrated with how they did this iteration with the plethora of packs but we still have no where near the amount of content we had in the other games. TS4 has a lot of "stuff" .... things to decorate your houses and things to deck out your sims but not many activities to actually do. And the fact that the traits make the sims all pretty much feel the same, it gets boring a lot of times when trying to play.

Plus, I've never been a player who "imagines" my sims doing or thinking a certain way or wanting certain things from their life, in TS4 it's really player driven rather than letting the sims dictate to me, the player, what they want to do, who they want to be. or who they want to hook up with.

It is a good building game which can be fun if that's your thing and I do like to do renovations/make-overs on other people's houses to make it my own.

Sometimes I like to see if I can make attractive sims without any CC.

But as far as actually "playing" in live mode, I don't do it very often.

As someone else said, I've given up on ever expecting TS4 to be something great to me, and just accept TS4 for what it does right and when I miss the things that were previously in the other iterations, I just go back and play them.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2021
    I dont keep playing. I havent "regularly" played it in years. I just hop on every few months to try again. I just end up cc shopping for majority of it but actually playing it? 30 minutes top. Im thinking of buying an expansion it might engage me longer so that's why i made a recent thread abour that. Other than that, i dont serially buy packs/gps etc. I own 3 gps and thats it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've stopped playing the game for months now. I even uninstalled it completely about a month ago. I'm disappointed in where the game is going.

I also don't "hate" the game, I just think EA/ Maxis needs to do better. I want them to do better, and I really wish Sims 4 could reach its potential. I did enjoy the game in the beginning. But after 7 years, too many features are still missing, and I'm exhausted with waiting. I'm sick of having to rely on mods to keep the game fresh. I am moving on.

I will not be supporting the game financially, and I also don't want to be included in the supposed "35 million" players of this game- that's why I uninstalled it. One less player, one less number for EA to gloat about! (Nothing against people who do still enjoy this game.)

When Maxis decides to take the game seriously, I'll give them a chance. But bunkbeds and some adjustments to traits is not enough for me. For right now, I'm on strike B)

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    I like bugs and being a playtester I look for flaws of the game. :) Plus I know not all game changers are positive only. Question I have is why do so many players have to be so apathetic towards other players? Sims 4 is I think the first iteration to fully lack any sense of community. Then again we live in a society that just tries to kill each other too, so no shock they try to behave the same way towards each other too even with a silly barbie doll dress up game. Just makes me glad that Sims 4 didn't end up MMO after all because it would have ended a lot sooner with how Simmers treat each other on the day to day basis. Here is to the Sims 5 MMO where they will tear apart each other in game.
    leo-web-feat_1450823057.jpg

Meme to describe the Sims 4 fans in a nutshell:
    3cqjzvkvqjf21.png

How Gurus want gamers to be treated:
    7mte7tbpjv051.jpg

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think I'm feeling a bit burned out on the Sims 4 lately. I still love it though.

I don't think people that keep playing or at least keep trying to play dislike it completely. That's why they stick around and keep asking for improvements. The game isn't quite hitting the mark for them, it's lacking in some areas but probably has elements that they do like. I feel like what comes across as negativity for the game actually comes from a place of caring for the franchise and just wanting the game to be as good as it can be. I've played the older games and seen the amount of love and detail that went into them and as much as I do love the Sims 4 I also know that it could be so much better than it is currently. I very much wish it would receive the same amount of love as the previous versions.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I don’t love the sims 4 (yes I’m one of those people that sometimes hates it) but other times I actually enjoy playing (I love Island Paradise and I enjoyed Discover University at first and my sims enjoy the clothes and items from the pack that game us bonehilda)

I actually want sims from Get Together to make an appearance in future games (I love Max Villareal) if I could make him and his family in Sim form for Sims 2 or 3 I would. I can only make Sims look prettier, but I can’t actually make them myself. I really enjoyed that pack that was when I feel the Sims 4 was at its best.

I sometimes buy packs because when we get updates they are usually made for the pack we are getting so sometimes so I feel like I have to buy it but other times I actually want to buy a pack (I am extremely disappointed with Eco Lifestyle, but I was extremely excited about it only to be let down by the bugs and how parts of it work but I love tiny living!)

(I don’t use the features in some of the games I buy, but I usually get cute clothes or hairstyles. My sims never bowl but I like to use the clothes)

I honestly want the sims 4 to give us shorter teens and bikes for kids and convertibles (cars in game look too small for sims) and a lot of the stuff other players want. But I also know some of the things we need for this game we are never going to get.

I want Sims 4 to get better but I also want Sims 5 to come eventually. As long as EA understands it’s audience. The teens who flocked to buy sims 2 and 3 are adults now (if they want to play games online they will) but they also know they don’t want Sims 5 to be an online game. They want the Sims games to evolve like the Sims does.

I remember feeling grown up playing Sims 1 (then ditching it when it got to hard) only to play sims 2 and fall in love!

Honestly most teens today who are playing sims 4, are also finding ways to play the older games. Once they patch them up they play the game for hours and enjoy themselves, like they do with Sims 4 (hopefully). They might wonder why Sims 2 only has six aspirations, two body types and no way to customize voices... But they enjoy the game just like the rest of us. They learn to make mods and CC and probably wish they were around during the old days of Sims 2 but are glad that they know what we didn’t at the time.

Old people are also playing sims 1 and 2 but also bought Sims 3 and are playing Sims 4 most like it’s slow pace but want more, they also want the game to have the things past games did as well as new things if done right. When they want to go back to former games but can no longer play them, they look up ways to fix their games happy to see some young people enjoy the games too, and smile and play too.

But sometimes people like to complain, sometimes we need to complain to get what we need and want for our games (eventually we got more skin tones, and eventually those skin tones were fixed). We shouldn’t let hate take over our lives, we often go back to past games (if I could find Sims 1 I would). But we are still Sims fans even if Sims 4 isn’t our favorite.

(Not everything I said might make sense but this was a long post to make)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    Plus, I've never been a player who "imagines" my sims doing or thinking a certain way or wanting certain things from their life, in TS4 it's really player driven rather than letting the sims dictate to me, the player, what they want to do, who they want to be. or who they want to hook up with.

This right here is where the Sims 4 falls short for me. I've never been a story teller. I don't want to decide every aspect of my sims lives and I don't want to have to imagine their personality. I want them and the game to direct me in the decisions I make for my Sims.

I've just recently set up a save in the Sims 3 where I plan to play a legacy of sorts and just after moving my sim into a home she already has a wish to join the medical career. As sims grow up in the Sims 3 they can roll wishes for what life time goals they would like. I miss this kind of thing so much when I play the Sims 4. I miss the randomness of seeing what my sims want to do with their lives.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    After a 4 year hiatus, I am trying the game out again. I bought all the packs and am taking my time building it up and creating my families. So far I am having fun, but I do fall into the category of people who don't really like it. It's lacking a lot in the interactions department and the children in the game are anything but. They just stand around talking which is so unlike real life children. I mean, at least go sit and play video games together. Anyway, with each pack and more stuff, the game gets a little better. Obviously that's because there is a little bit more to do. And I'm not one of those players who buys a pack and then rushes through every feature of it. I take my time and mostly ignore things unless they come up organically through gameplay. Sometimes the devs make things super in your face and other things are a slow burn. Plus I mod my game so it fits my play style better.

So I don't always like the game, but I keep giving it chances. It is turning out to be a game that I enjoy now and I'm happy with that. I still have complaints and I would definitely like to see more interactions so I'll keep voicing my opinions and hope that someday I get a full game with the features that I have been waiting for. If not, there's always Paralives, which I am also looking forward to. Plus I still play the previous versions of the game so I have enough sim content to hold me over for years to come. Heck, I'm still learning things about TS3 that I never seen before.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't love TS4 but I also don't hate it. Every sim series has something I like. My biggest issue is how broken TS4 has become. The bugs are out of control which makes some aspects of the game unplayable at least for me (like gardening). I still buy some packs full price but for the most part, now I try to wait for sales. It makes sense considering I don't always patch right away these days anyways.

Regardless of my feelings for Sims 4 and if I'm playing it or not, my nephew nibling shares the account with me and Sims is something we've always bonded over. They still very much enjoy the game so it's worth buying the packs in my eyes. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    I stopped buying packs. I'll probably buy them in the future if they make packs that I actually want....and I won't buy them on release day, I'll actually wait until they've been out long enough for people to really dig deep in to make sure you can't experience everything the pack has to offer in 30 minutes.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    I don't love TS4 but I also don't hate it. Every sim series has something I like. My biggest issue is how broken TS4 has become. The bugs are out of control which makes some aspects of the game unplayable at least for me (like gardening). I still buy some packs full price but for the most part, now I try to wait for sales. It makes sense considering I don't always patch right away these days anyways.

Same here, some days when relationships are making sims act the way I want to, I build lots and give sims clothes to do something special I feel that the sims4 is a good game. But then I see a townie with 5 accessories wearing a green top with red pants while my plants are reverting to dirt piles and I start losing interest after 6 years (almost 7 now) which makes me not really wanting to put in a lot of effort when I'm playing the game anymore.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Because I don't dislike the game. I dislike things about it.

That said, I don't regularly play Sims 4 to begin with because I have a legacy going in Sims 3. When I play Sims 4, I tend to get bored quickly. I found even packs that appeal to me lose their novelty after a while.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2021
    Let me preface by saying that I have been playing the Sims since 2000. My response is this, people who truly do not like to play the game don't buy packs and don't bother to come here to complain. When you see people complaining, harshly criticizing, or posting their negativity in other people's posts, you can safely assume they are trolls, good old-fashioned trolls who are bored and are looking for attention. Since no one gets attention being positive anymore anywhere, people starving for attention have to use negative tactics to get it. If you see someone posting about one or two little things that they find wrong, like babies being objects, those players (I assume) are not unhappy enough to quit playing and so they mildly complain about things they authentically want to see changed. But these people you see get on hear and rant about every little thing they see wrong and write it out as if they are speaking for everyone, those are TROLLS. Trolls, as with most other people without morals or respect will not respond to you here because they do not truly care about anything that would take the attention away from them.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I get so bored of the people that whine about "I spent 700 dollars of my own money willingly on this game and I'm mad! EA owes me! I bought every single pack on release for full price by choice knowing it doesnt interest me and will be lacklustre and now I feel ripped off! But I will still buy every single other pack they put out and then complain about how EA is stealing my money!"
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    @Onverser HAHAHA you nailed it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I get so bored of the people that whine about "I spent 700 dollars of my own money willingly on this game and I'm mad! EA owes me! I bought every single pack on release for full price by choice knowing it doesnt interest me and will be lacklustre and now I feel ripped off! But I will still buy every single other pack they put out and then complain about how EA is stealing my money!"

Or, ya know, you could just stop reading and find a different thread to read.

On the opposite end of that spectrum, what you just said annoys me. And usually I wouldn't engage with you, but I think it's important to point out that you came into this thread where everyone has been polite and giving their reasons except for you. You felt the need to belittle people.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top