Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random sims keeps kicking down my bin

This is so frustrating, is there anyway to prevent it? When it is kicked down I can not interact with it and have to sell it and buy a new one. Happens about once each day. I have no mods or cc

Comments

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited April 2021
    I was going to suggest that there is a mod for that :D but if you don't or can't use mods, I would suggest putting your trash bin in a small gated area and making it so only your household has access. Otherwise, without cheats, there is no way to prevent it.

My main sim is famous so he had a stan who kept doing this to the trash can. I could pick it up though. I wonder if there is a cool-down period after the can is kicked that keeps you from interacting with it? I would definitely start a thread in the help section so the bug is known.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This just happened to me yesterday. A random from a whole different neighborhood walked on my Sim’s back porch just to kick over their trashcan. I ended up putting up a fence.

Also for me, my Sim was not able to pick it up either. There was no option for that. But going into Buy/Build mode and grabbing the trashcan and moving it somewhere put it right side up again. I didn’t have to actually pay for a new one.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Haven't had that issue since replacing them with the square concrete ones commonly seen around Oasis Springs.
    The cake is a lie
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    This is the second time I've seen someone say this and I didn't even know it could happen. This is a problem I haven't had since Sims 2. But as suggested, putting a fence around it always helped.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I've just recently learned, too, that we can lock gates other than the special security ones that came with GF. I was like yay! One of those decked out, posh fences and it's matching gate would totally spoil the rustic look of the house.

irGHty1.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I used MCCC tuner to turn off the autonomy for kicking bins over.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a couple of houses where I built a tiny outside room just large enough for the garbage can. Maybe that would help you.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thanks for the suggestion everyone, I am going to try to build a fence around and see how it goes :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2021
    Kicking over bins is an autonomous action for Angry sims, as is smashing doll houses. Locking doors/gates is the solution here.

I had issues with visitors stealing my produce (one of the gardening related NAPs, I think, though I voted for all the active one) so I locked the greenhouse for only my gardener sim.
  • SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    Sims not able to pick the trash can up is a bug, there is a bug report here, so go and "me too" if you have experienced this :) Nick is also in need of save files.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-No-option-to-turn-up-the-kicked-Trashcan/m-p/9955301/highlight/true#M171501
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Haven't had that issue since replacing them with the square concrete ones commonly seen around Oasis Springs.

Oh, I would love to see a townie kick that one and end up on the ground writhing in pain. That would be hilarious.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2021
    Can try building a fence and restricting access to the lot owner. Will obviously not prevent them from going out and kicking it if they are angry, but it will stop everyone else, including animals.

qpdKwhv.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Can try building a fence and restricting access to the lot owner. Will obviously not prevent them from going out and kicking it if they are angry, but it will stop everyone else, including animals.

qpdKwhv.png

Didn’t know pets knock over trash cans. I just remember the raccoon from a prior iteration doing it in the middle of the night lol

Also, is it possible to add doors to half walls? I was wondering if a similar type of “room” could be made that you have but with half walls and a door instead. I don’t mess with half walls much so I have no idea.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    SamDenny wrote: »

qpdKwhv.png

Didn’t know pets knock over trash cans. I just remember the raccoon from a prior iteration doing it in the middle of the night lol

Also, is it possible to add doors to half walls? I was wondering if a similar type of “room” could be made that you have but with half walls and a door instead. I don’t mess with half walls much so I have no idea.

Yes, you can add doors to half walls as long as the door height is below the trim and MOO is on. Gates you can add by replacing 1-2 tiles (or however wide the gate is) of half wall with fencing and placing the gate in the fence.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Yes, you can add doors to half walls as long as the door height is below the trim and MOO is on. [/quote]

You can add doors to half walls without MOO, just choose walls that are tall enough to accommodate the door. Unfortunately that means only the taller "half" walls can be used.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01