Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad quality screenshots.

Hi.

Can anybody help me with an issue I'm having with the screenshot quality? The graphics in game are very clear and smooth but any screenshots I take appear as if the anti alias is turned off, it's only like this on the screenshots. I was wondering if there is any of way to fix it? It's making my screenshots look horrible.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Do you have a sample of what your screenshots look like?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That's a weird issue I can't say I've seen before. I know the Sims 3 screenshots save as JPGs instead of PNG so the quality isn't as good but it shouldn't appear as if Anti-aliasing has been turned off. Has it always been like this for you? Did you recently reinstall the game or has something changed since the last time you played?

I haven't used the game's in-game camera for a very long time. I prefer using a paid version of Fraps for screenshots because I'm a snob for quality... but still, using the game's camera shouldn't appear as you're describing. Yes, might be useful to share an example with us as Gracey suggests.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    This sounds like a problem I had last year while playing in fullscreen mode. I was taking screenshots to compare different antialiasing options (the game's edge smoothing, NVIDIA Control Panel's antialiasing, and Reshade's antialiasing), but not even the game's own edge smoothing would show up when I took the pictures in fullscreen mode. I had to either use other screen capture software or take pictures in windowed mode to see antialiasing at all. I normally play in windowed mode anyway, but I thought it was really weird.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thanks for your replies everybody. I tried uploading a picture but the forum shrinks it so you can’t really see the problem. I will try the windows mode and see if that changes anything.