Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want a TS2 - Freetime version for The Sims 4?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
New hobbies, skills, traits, aspirations

Sewing, pottery, ballet barre, football goal, maybe more musical instruments and items from TS3 Store like the glassblowing station and the pizza oven

Maybe a Gampe Pack will be enough
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Do you want a TS2 - Freetime version for The Sims 4? 61 votes

Yes
88%
Bluegaylejulienrob2004Mstybl95BloodC24JueJuelisamwittdanacnbrettIsb917SusanaLeotehaneulsimgirl1010Bluellemarcel21xXPandoraXxLustianiciataydevxMyrtheHarukotyangifford01Sunflowergal227 54 votes
No
11%
GoldmoldarIcewolfHearts4uGodleyjeansSERVERFRADaepheneVeeDub 7 votes

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    You forgot option 3 which is Other. No more hobbies until my Sims can Knit again. I have already posted about this issue and have not found a solution as of yet.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    You forgot option 3 which is Other. No more hobbies until my Sims can Knit again. I have already posted about this issue and have not found a solution as of yet.

It was a specific question about this specific EP, due the lack of activities and the almost covered EP from TS2 in TS4:

University = Discover University
    Nightlife = Get Together + Dine Out + Bowling Night
    Open For Business = Get to Work
    Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Bon Voyage = Island Living + Outdoor Retreat + Snowy Escape + Spa Day
    Freetime = ?
    Apartment Life = City Living + Realm of Magic
    Post edited by Mak27 on
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Yes
    Sure. All those activities sound good to me. I'd be interested in that type of pack.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Mak27 wrote: »

It was a specific question about this specific EP, due the lack of activities and the almost covered EP from TS2 in TS4:

Ope For Business = Get to Work
    Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Bon Voyage = Island Living + Outdoor Retreat + Snowy Escape
    Freetime = ?
    Apartment Life = City Living

Sorry but Nightlife is not GT+Dine Out+Bowling Night....Nightlife is pack not found + Dine Out + Bowlling Night+Vampires.

We do not have a pack with cars and the attraction system. Get Together didn't even include bars, lounges and nightclubs that was in the BG...it just added the DJ booth, a dance party event and the group system. I'm still waiting for the Date Night EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Yes
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

Sorry but Nightlife is not GT+Dine Out+Bowling Night....Nightlife is pack not found + Dine Out + Bowlling Night.

We do not have a pack with cars and the attraction system. Get Together didn't even include bars, lounges and nightclubs that was in the BG...it just added the DJ booth, a dance party event and the group system.

Well, like Get Famous isn't Showtime, or Apartment Life wasn't Makin Magic, there "elements" but not the whole experience
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No
    I want more hobbies, but there are already more in the game than 2 had when Free Time came out. And I don't want their favorite hobbies decided by the game. So I would rather we just continue to get more individual hobbies in upcoming dlc than a whole pack devoted to it. I would like a whole music related game pack with bands and dance, and maybe more sports with a teen related pack, stuff like that.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Daephene wrote: »
    I want more hobbies, but there are already more in the game than 2 had when Free Time came out. And I don't want their favorite hobbies decided by the game. So I would rather we just continue to get more individual hobbies in upcoming dlc than a whole pack devoted to it. I would like a whole music related game pack with bands and dance, and maybe more sports with a teen related pack, stuff like that.

How would favorite hobbies be decided by the game? Are you saying that if a Hobby pack came out, you wouldn't like that the Hobbies included in the pack would be considered "Hobbies" proper and any other activity from other packs would not be considered a Hobby?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    I would love to have more hobbies. I particularly miss the sewing machine, but also the pottery wheel and the fix up car. .

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

Very interesting list. I would add a few more to make it more complete.

Nightlife = Get Together + Dine Out + Bowling Night + vampires
    Open For Business = Get to Work + Dine Out
    Pets = Cats & Dogs + my first pets stuff
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?
    Apartment Life = City Living + Realm of magic

- nightlife : not entirely sure if get together can cover the city neighbourhood of nightlife combined attraction system and dating. Definitely missing on the list however are the vampires
    - open for business came with restaurants as well. restaurants actually came available with two different EP's: nightlife or open for business. owning either one was enough to get restaurants.
    - pets also added a rodent cage
    - apartment life added witches. An odd combination but they gave us magic.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    Yes
    Ballet would be especially cute!
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Yes

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

City Living is also Nightlife I'd say, with the karaoke machines and singing skill! That being said I think each pack comes with a bit of "Freetime" stuff to do, with new skills and activities. But more would be nice :)
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I would love to have more hobbies. I particularly miss the sewing machine, but also the pottery wheel and the fix up car. .

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

- nightlife : not entirely sure if get together can cover the city neighbourhood of nightlife combined attraction system and dating. Definitely missing on the list however are the vampires
    - open for business came with restaurants as well. restaurants actually came available with two different EP's: nightlife or open for business. owning either one was enough to get restaurants.

TS2 Pets also had bird cages, werewolves and skunks.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    xMyrthe wrote: »

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

City Living is also Nightlife I'd say, with the karaoke machines and singing skill! That being said I think each pack comes with a bit of "Freetime" stuff to do, with new skills and activities. But more would be nice :)

Freetime isn't just objects and skills...I think people really miss the point of the whole EP.

Freetime added the hobby system to TS2. It's a bit similar to Lifestyles in Snowy Escape. Sims will gain hobby enthusiasm every time they do an activity related to said hobby. If sims cook a lot for example, they'll get enthusiasm in Cuisine. When they reach a certain amount of enthusiasm in each hobby they unlock new interactions, recipes etc, and when at max, sims get into "the zone". While "in the zone" sims will gain skill points faster, their needs decay slower and they complete actions/build faster when using an object that puts them in the zone.

That's what Freetime is. It also added the lifetime aspirations, the secondary aspirations, the aspiration meter and hidden hobby lots, each with a hobby instructor.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    xMyrthe wrote: »

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

Freetime isn't just objects and skills...I think people really miss the point of the whole EP.

Freetime added the hobby system to TS2. It's a bit similar to Lifestyles in Snowy Escape. Sims will gain hobby enthusiasm every time they do an activity related to said hobby. If sims cook a lot for example, they'll get enthusiasm in Cuisine. When they reach a certain amount of enthusiasm in each hobby they unlock new interactions, recipes etc, and when at max, sims get into "the zone". While "in the zone" sims will gain skill points faster, their needs decay slower and they complete actions/build faster when using an object that puts them in the zone.

That's what Freetime is. It also added the lifetime aspirations, the secondary aspirations, the aspiration meter and hidden hobby lots, each with a hobby instructor.

Well, in the end, we all agree about there's no spiritual sucessor for FreeTime (maybe Nifty Knitting)
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Pets = Cats & Dogs
    Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

Seasons = Seasons
    Freetime = ?

I've forgot Spa Day for Bon Voyage

And Mansions & Gardens despite was a SP, contains functional elements like Eco Lifestyle
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Yes

I didn't say objects and skills, I said activities. ;)
    But you're right, I had no idea it worked like that! But that doesn't sound super interesting tbh. We already sort of have "the zone"? Like painting faster/better when inspired or being better at chess when focused. So I don't really see the need for that. Getting better at a skill already unlocks new interactions. I just want some more hobbies for my sims :p
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Yes
    Yessss!!! Besides generations theme this is my second most wanted expansion.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    No

How would favorite hobbies be decided by the game? Are you saying that if a Hobby pack came out, you wouldn't like that the Hobbies included in the pack would be considered "Hobbies" proper and any other activity from other packs would not be considered a Hobby?

In Free Time the game designated a preferred hobby for each sim based on personality traits. I don't want that again. I want to be able to vary my sims more than active sims tend to like sports and so on. More hobbies and the hobby enthusiasm system without a game -decided main hobby would be fine.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Yes

In Free Time the game designated a preferred hobby for each sim based on personality traits. I don't want that again. I want to be able to vary my sims more than active sims tend to like sports and so on. More hobbies and the hobby enthusiasm system without a game -decided main hobby would be fine.

Ahhh okay, thanks for explaining. I think what I thought you meant was that there would be certain activities designated specifically as a hobby, and others wouldn't (which also limits hobbies because it's the game saying: This is a hobby. This is not a hobby.)

Yeah, I think if the game just let you choose the hobbies yourself that would be nice!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Yes
    Yes! FreeTime is one of my favorite Sims 2 expansion packs. Second only to OFB.
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    @Daephene wrote: »

Any sim can have any hobby in TS2 though. That just influences how fast they'll gain enthusiasm in it. It makes sense that active sims gain faster enthusiasm in sports.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2021
    No
    The reason I say no and it's my opinion only, I feel if EA/Maxis going to do something like FT please do not gimp the pack and do not come half stepping as I felt they had with previous packs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes
    Yes, sims 2 expansions are awesome. It would be very good to have new activities to do in sims 4 :)
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes
    I really miss the sewing machine (and sewing as a hobby) from TS2. I would buy an entire stuff pack or kit devoted to sewing... but I would definitely welcome a TS4 EP that brings back some to the cool hobbies from Freetime: especially the aforementioned sewing, pottery, more musical instruments, car repairing.

Combine this with sculpting and winenectar-making from TS3, and I'd be ecstatic.

Post edited by TARDISgrade on
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I would love some really active careers with objects like cars. And I have been wanting a sewing machine for a long time. I would like it to be connected to patterns and a color wheel. Also some of the other arts and crafts, science stuff and sports stuff would be fun. I want volleyball, being able to toss a baseball back and forth with the family and stuff like that.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Nice and interesting idea, but I doubt that a certain company that goes for quick & dirty, easy-sleazy would pony up the resources to to it properly.