Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Interactions Do You Want?

2...Next

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would like the option to hide for a specific Sim or Spy on a particular Sim, then the likelyhod that they would be found or caught spying would depend on the Sims particular skill. I also would like the opportunity to ask a visiting Sim if he/she wants a cup of coffee or something to eat, and that said Sim stayed at my lot while my Sim prepared the food or the bevarage. Sims should also be able to ask for something to eat or drink while visiting other households.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I liked that one in sims 2 where they would sit on the floor and chat, was called hang out i think? they would sit and gather at the strangest places sometimes lol, but i loved that interaction.

I love that interaction, too! I only didn't include it here because I think TS4 already has too many talking socials and that's kind of all they do. But, now that you mention it, I would love to see teens at parks sitting in a circle and chatting. Plus I think you could group like 10 or more sims like that.

Here's my sim in TS2. I thought I caught her doing something special...sitting in front of the mirror admiring herself...then I saw the legs. :D

Xm8fXLj.png
    These are good ideas! I especially like peek-a-boo for toddlers, canes for elders (to walk with and hit people with lol), and the ability to give a hug from behind <3 I was thinking also: I'd love for my sims with multiple dogs to be able to walk them at the same time, that would make things a lot easier for sure

Oh YES! I wish a single sim could walk multiple dogs. I wish multiple sims could group up and walk their dogs together and chat while walking. I wish sims could just go for a walk together. I wish they could jog together. I'd like to propose a go here together interaction that would link them so they walk at the same pace and chat along the way.
    Peral wrote: »
    I would like the option to hide for a specific Sim or Spy on a particular Sim, then the likelyhod that they would be found or caught spying would depend on the Sims particular skill. I also would like the opportunity to ask a visiting Sim if he/she wants a cup of coffee or something to eat, and that said Sim stayed at my lot while my Sim prepared the food or the bevarage. Sims should also be able to ask for something to eat or drink while visiting other households.

Oooh...like in TS2 if you used the telescope during the day there was a chance that someone would come to your house and shove you and get angry with you. It was so funny!

I'd also like to ask my guests if they want anything. I do not like how it currently is that they just start cooking or taking my leftovers without asking. That really annoys me especially when we're not even close friends. Or I'd like a make yourself at home interaction that would give them the ok to get stuff themselves.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Everything the op said especially the shopping bags and cash register purchase also the dance and talk interaction Sthenastia suggested would be amazing how did I not know I needed this till now things like these would make the Sims feel alive.

Others animations I'd like to see...
    Sims cuddling in bed
    Kids and toddlers jumping on the bed
    Slow dancing and faster pace dances for couples actually interacting and acknowledging the other Sim is there
    Sims actually interacting with the dish washer to open and load it
    A game a basketball multiple Sims can play together where they actually fight to get the ball to score points instead of take turn basketball
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'd like to see more interactions between sims, an example being stargazing in the Sims 3, where the sims actually looked as though they were together and having fun together. Or where the kids used to play games together or with their parents. I really miss affectionate animations between romantic partners, it's like you can woohoo where-ever and as publically as you please, but cuddling on the bed before or after is frowned upon. Surely a game that's aimed at teens should be demonstrating that affection matters and not just these tinder style hook ups. Slow dancing is long due a return for weddings as it stands you just go to the arch, tie the knot very swiftly, and eat a bit of cake, there's no room for affection there in a slow dance, or anything. This game is the loneliest in the series, even when the sims are together they are always so far appart, it's like the game has been coded by aliens who don't understand human interaction at all. How could people who got it so right in TS2 & 3 get it so wrong this time around? Sure they all talk to each other at the bar autonomously, that's great, multitasking, great.... Actual meaningful connection past a quick woohoo in a dumpster...a disaster. Even the child interactions are lacking, what kids under the age of ten sit around at a park and just talk? They don't, they play silly games like tag, like cops and robbers. I don't know if they were heading for aping reality where a lot of parents just give their kids a phone and say play on that rather than engaging with them meaningfully but most of us play TS to escape reality. Any interactions that bring sims together in a more meaningful way will do me because as it stands even when they group up in get together, it still feels as though your sim is lonely in a crowd.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Everything the op said especially the shopping bags and cash register purchase also the dance and talk interaction Sthenastia suggested would be amazing how did I not know I needed this till now things like these would make the Sims feel alive.

Others animations I'd like to see...
    Sims cuddling in bed
    Kids and toddlers jumping on the bed
    Slow dancing and faster pace dances for couples actually interacting and acknowledging the other Sim is there
    Sims actually interacting with the dish washer to open and load it
    A game a basketball multiple Sims can play together where they actually fight to get the ball to score points instead of take turn basketball

I'd really love couples dancing interactions. Can't believe I forgot about that. Just dance together and be able to interact. And yes, acknowledging other sims.

I'd love to see the counter cabinets open and close and the dishwasher. They leave a lot of good animations out. I love the amount of detail in TS2 because they didn't always just pull things out of their butts.

And EA is like the owner of all sports games. You'd think they would use that IP to make the sims play an actual game of something. Heck, make it a minigame where you get to play as a team member and influence the outcome. They're so no creative when it comes to this type of thing. This could be a segway into getting players interested in their other games, including sports. I'd love it if my sims could play an actual game of football or basketball.
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I'd like to see more interactions between sims, an example being stargazing in the Sims 3, where the sims actually looked as though they were together and having fun together. Or where the kids used to play games together or with their parents. I really miss affectionate animations between romantic partners, it's like you can woohoo where-ever and as publically as you please, but cuddling on the bed before or after is frowned upon. Surely a game that's aimed at teens should be demonstrating that affection matters and not just these tinder style hook ups. Slow dancing is long due a return for weddings as it stands you just go to the arch, tie the knot very swiftly, and eat a bit of cake, there's no room for affection there in a slow dance, or anything. This game is the loneliest in the series, even when the sims are together they are always so far appart, it's like the game has been coded by aliens who don't understand human interaction at all. How could people who got it so right in TS2 & 3 get it so wrong this time around? Sure they all talk to each other at the bar autonomously, that's great, multitasking, great.... Actual meaningful connection past a quick woohoo in a dumpster...a disaster. Even the child interactions are lacking, what kids under the age of ten sit around at a park and just talk? They don't, they play silly games like tag, like cops and robbers. I don't know if they were heading for aping reality where a lot of parents just give their kids a phone and say play on that rather than engaging with them meaningfully but most of us play TS to escape reality. Any interactions that bring sims together in a more meaningful way will do me because as it stands even when they group up in get together, it still feels as though your sim is lonely in a crowd.

Wow...that really spoke to me and I totally agree. This game is missing intimacy and I don't mean the woohoo type, but the affection that comes from friendships, and family. Having special interactions for close relations and a sense of togetherness. It really is all about mingling and hooking up with very little else to do as far as interacting together. You're right, there are a lot of things and objects to interact with, but most of them are solo activities. The sims need more together activities.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I would love ti see more autonomous interactions with children. Like when thunderstorms happen for them to automatically comfort the kids. Or when a sim is playing on the jungle Gym before homework is done, for them to get a talking too. These are just two examples.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cuddling asleep in bed, goosing, washing babies in the sink, walking babies in strollers, slow dancing, and group sports games like volleyball.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I miss Sims being able to cry on other Sims' shoulders. Sending them to cry themselves to sleep seems isolating and emotionally unhealthy to me. I also wish that social interactions based on mood were more specific, rather than just "Complain About Problems" or "Ask for Advice". I.e., "Complain About Tiredness", "Rant About Breakup", "Show Off Soccer Injury".
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Something that always, always tugs at my heartstrings is the lack of toddler cribs in TS4...

I would love if the interaction for teaching your toddler to walk was still a thing. In TS3 I used to make my sim use the video camera and film when the other parent taught the toddler to walk. And then play the tape on the TV when the toddler had grown up, like a nice family watching of old videos

And I really really really really want the cribs for toddlers back. Being able to put them in and take them out - Idk what it is about them, but they really speak to my micro manager heart. I absolutely loathe that the tots can get in and out of the beds on their own without me telling them to. So I really really want that interaction back - the toddler crib + crib interactions of putting them in and out. I guess I'm in the minority of this, but for some reason it would be a real game changer if working cribs for toddlers were added to the game. I've got some crib object mods, but they come without animations or interactions.

Aside from the crib rant, omg. Washing the baby in the sink? I love it! I remember when I first saw the option to wash the toddler in the sink in TS4, and I got so happy because I thought we would be getting an animation and real interactionn, but it was just throwing the kid in the air and the 'swoosh' sound and it was over. So disappointing....

And totally, all the kids games. Peek a boo, tag, hide and seek... It's crazy how lacking TS4 is. It is c.r.a.z.y.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ohh!!! And in TS3 when you could walk the toddlers and babies in a stroller!!! Remember that? That was amazing

Edit: I accidentally wrote TS4 insead of TS3
    Post edited by Bluelle on