Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What New Interactions Do You Want?

Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Just like the new object thread, what new interactions do you want?

I was going through old pics from TS2 and TS3 the other day and I found so many happy memories from seeing the interactions. I'd like to start by saying I'd like some of these back...especially interactions for kids. They're so lacking in TS4.

I wish
9qofTEk.png

Parent able to spin the kids around
fD0c6m3.png

Martial arts but enabled for children, too
bLEe5Zz.jpg

Toddlers playing peekaboo together
F4anbvP.jpg

Pillow fights
674EBGz.jpg

Clappy hands
rMyAJwc.jpg

Punch you punch me
hJ4fODC.jpg

OMG...this!
JzjmgLb.jpg

Actually using the register and carrying a bag
PQq9IjJ.jpg

Catching flying bugs
i0DlDEb.jpg

Can this be done? I'm not sure
hrm0Bsi.jpg

And honorable mentions without pics...

Mary mack
Cops and robbers
Jump rope
Ballet bar
Pick baby up in the air and have them puke on you randomly
Adults cuddle when waking up
Run up and down the stairs
Teens hang off the fridge door

Forgot about TAG!
Also window washing
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have a few,

One interaction that I would like is "what's wrong?" it would work the same as the interaction when you ask a pet what's wrong but you ask a sim and then the sim responds depending on their needs and moodlets. That way you could find out if the sim is hungry or need to use the bathroom or if the sim is angry or tense about something for example.

Some other interactions I would like:
    Slow dancing.
    Cuddling in bed.
    More friendly interactions, like "did you sleep well?" or "is something on your mind?" which could have different responses depending on how the sim is feeling.
    More romantic interactions. Like holding hands. If you form a group and you have a romantic relationship with one sim then maybe they could hold hands together when they are walking.

• talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I mostly want more romantic interactions! Things such as Sims cuddling in bed like they used to, slow dancing, more types of kisses, and maybe some of the other romantic interactions that were available in The Sims 2 and 3. I especially loved the interactions on the couches and beds! Maybe we'll get some romantic interactions for beds now that Sims can relax in them?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    Slow dancing, cuddling on a bed or a couch while watching TV. Playing catch with children and all of the above that has already been mentioned. We just got a relax on bed interaction but it's not great at the moment. I would like that improved so sims can chat or read.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Pillow fights
    Play chase (for all ages, pets included)
    Slow dance
    More romantic interactions in general (with distinct animations)
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited April 2021
    I miss generally more spesific activities for elders, teens, children and toddlers. I'm really annoyed that eg. with seasons some of the holiday activities are age restricted, like why wouldn't my elder gay couple who party all the time want to participate to Night on the Town??
    origin ID: adduapina
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Brilliant interactions, including those that others mentioned!

These kind of details are what makes the game special. I’d say even half of those mentioned by OP will make simmers who are into family gameplay a lot happier.

I always liked the canes for elders, except they should be available for ages teen+ if they don’t want to deal with different heights. Love the gaits and perhaps there could be an option to hit another sim with the cane. In a kinda friendly way of course. Not too extreme. Or just swinging the cane at others will do. Didn’t Crumplebottom hit other sims with her purse?

Also hopscotch and perhaps jumping on a trampoline together.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Brilliant interactions, including those that others mentioned!

These kind of details are what makes the game special. I’d say even half of those mentioned by OP will make simmers who are into family gameplay a lot happier.

I always liked the canes for elders, except they should be available for ages teen+ if they don’t want to deal with different heights. Love the gaits and perhaps there could be an option to hit another sim with the cane. In a kinda friendly way of course. Not too extreme. Or just swinging the cane at others will do. Didn’t Crumplebottom hit other sims with her purse?

Also hopscotch and perhaps jumping on a trampoline together.

Most definitely! This is why I still have to go back and play TS2 so I can get my family gameplay the way I really like it. And why I have to try and mod TS4 so I can have some semblance of the gameplay I like. I'm currently learning to animate just so I can start making my own interactions for the game.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Heat of the moment kiss that came with ts3 university.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Dancing on the counters. I love that in TS3.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I was going through old pics from TS2 and TS3 the other day and I found so many happy memories from seeing the interactions. I'd like to start by saying I'd like some of these back...especially interactions for kids. They're so lacking in TS4.

I wish
    9qofTEk.png

fD0c6m3.png

bLEe5Zz.jpg

F4anbvP.jpg

Pillow fights
    674EBGz.jpg

Clappy hands
    rMyAJwc.jpg

Punch you punch me
    hJ4fODC.jpg

OMG...this!
    JzjmgLb.jpg

PQq9IjJ.jpg

Catching flying bugs
    i0DlDEb.jpg

hrm0Bsi.jpg

Mary mack
    Cops and robbers
    Jump rope
    Ballet bar

Forgot about TAG!
    Also window washing

i agree with you! i loved seeing my parents play with their kids. and kids playing with each other. i also miss couples cuddling in bed.. and the best part actually sleeping after woohoo/try for baby!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

I also quite loved when it was rejected! :D

I didn't know this was a thing until a few years ago. Surprisingly, the party trait didn't randomize often.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I wish
    9qofTEk.png

fD0c6m3.png

bLEe5Zz.jpg

F4anbvP.jpg

Pillow fights
    674EBGz.jpg

Clappy hands
    rMyAJwc.jpg

Punch you punch me
    hJ4fODC.jpg

OMG...this!
    JzjmgLb.jpg

PQq9IjJ.jpg

Catching flying bugs
    i0DlDEb.jpg

hrm0Bsi.jpg

Mary mack
    Cops and robbers
    Jump rope
    Ballet bar

Forgot about TAG!
    Also window washing

i agree with you! i loved seeing my parents play with their kids. and kids playing with each other. i also miss couples cuddling in bed.. and the best part actually sleeping after woohoo/try for baby!

Yes! I miss these things so much. I really miss seeing kids play together. The TS4 kids seem so unnatural because they play alone or talk unless there is a dollhouse. And I miss the intimacy for their parents. The cuddle in bed was so awesome. I remember when they added it in TS2 and how excited I was over it. I really do hope we get at least some of this stuff in the future.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2021

If you are using mods - you can use interactions from the past for this feature. It's hilarious.

9b32bdba38aff47fd7fae056fced0b93a4d4a772.jpg
    I want jump rope
    Pillow fights
    Children playing cops and robbers
    Play pretend for driving and all others they were doing in TS3 generations like astronaut or T-Rex
    Cans animations for elders
    More romantic interactions as well
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

If you are using mods - you can use interactions from the past for this feature. It's hilarious.

Thank you for mentioning this! I can't wait to check it out!

I want:
    slow dancing
    ballet
    drumming
    taking babies to other lots in strollers

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I just thought of another one from TS2. The show off interaction where a kid would call everyone over so they could do a flip or cartwheel or handstand and then get applause from the crowd. I love that.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I would love if mean sims could flip the bird. anyone? anyone? haha
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I would love if mean sims could flip the bird. anyone? anyone? haha

In a simmish way...maybe instead of the middle finger it's the pinkie finger.

It's what I'd like to tell those scam callers.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'd be up for anything that would work as an alternative to the slightly shy/awkward first kiss interaction. Works good for teens/pre-teens, but my worldly Sims who has been in four relationships already? They really need that spontaneous thing that could be success or fail. Romantic interactions could really benefit from more spontaneous and emotional interactions.

And while many of the things I want to see has been covered, I'd like to add:

- Occult dueling cross-over. Spellcaster would be able to duel any other Occult, though only the Vampire stand to gain power from winning. Vampires using dark energy, Mermaids using water jetstreams, aliens would use electrical beams from a laser. If they ever add Fairies and Werewolves, the Fairy would use a sunbeam, and the Werewolf would "block" the beam with its claw until it gets knocked down or it unleashes a roar that sends the caster stumbling.

- Ocean WooHoo and birth in water. My romantic Mermaid Sims are creatures of the ocean. Their baby will not be born on land.

- Piggybacking. Adults and young adults can carry anyone. Elders can carry children and toddlers. Teens can carry other teens, children and toddlers.

- The power of the cane. I want my elder Sim to be allowed to whack his useless adult son over the head when the latter misbehaves towards his family.

Probably so many more I will come up with in a year or two, but this will have to do.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I loved all those things in the original post, one of my faves was the pillow fighting.

One small thing that never failed to make me laugh was when a sim didn't want to listen to someone and they'd put their fingers in their ears and do the simlish for 'la la la' :D

I always wanted sims to be able to walk holding hands with another adult or child, but I remember a guru in TS3 saying how hard that would be.

I would like to see toddlers and kids able to have cuddles or a story or just watch TV while sitting on someone's lap.

I'd like sitting around on the floor to come back, and using a laptop on the floor.

Also, the sketch book. And manual book writing for sims who don't have a computer. They could get hand cramp if they wrote for too long.

Bikes for kids and toddlers.
    Sthenastia wrote: »

Um...how the heck were those made?! They're pretty darn awesome. I love the dance and talk one. Looks super natural.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Those dance styles would be fantastic!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Kiss up the hand too lol
    Another one I'd like is hug from behind. Like where a sim could sneak up behind their partner or parent/child or sibling and hug them. It could be accepted or rejected, but it's something natural people do and my 10 year old is always doing this to his big brother. I always do it when my husband is cooking. I'd really like something like this.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I liked that one in sims 2 where they would sit on the floor and chat, was called hang out i think? they would sit and gather at the strangest places sometimes lol, but i loved that interaction.
  • Alys_ParinaAlys_Parina Posts: 19 Member
    These are good ideas! I especially like peek-a-boo for toddlers, canes for elders (to walk with and hit people with lol), and the ability to give a hug from behind <3 I was thinking also: I'd love for my sims with multiple dogs to be able to walk them at the same time, that would make things a lot easier for sure