Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funniest Simlish to English you've heard?

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
Every once in a while, a sim says something that gets auto-translated in my head as English. I know I can't be the only one, and sometimes it's too funny to ignore. Once, while playing sims 3, the dad sim said something to his teen kid as they left the house that had me rolling. I'll have to put it in a spoiler though as it is a little risque. I don't know what he said, but what I heard was...
Don't forget your corduroy!

What's the funniest auto-translate you've encountered?

[comment edited to make it more suitable for the forum. Remember, it's for all ages! - EA_Leeloo]
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    One of my (Sims 4) Sims says 'chives' frequently when pleased with something. This fits him amusingly well, as he's a gardener.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sometimes, my male sims randomly say: "Crazy people, ha ha!"
    And female sims, while practising a speech in front of the mirror: "Shine like a b...each!"

I also found this a while ago, and now I can't unhear some of these transcriptions. It gets funnier and funnier towards the end. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9zotQtoCMw
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've heard female sims say, "dump my boyfriend."
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I keep hearing my sims ask 'Tescos?' (for those unaware, Tesco is a supermarket in the UK)

I also occasionally hear them mention 'Tommy Cooper' haha (the bumbling magician/comedian).
  • GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2021
    I watched a video the other day of one of my sims feeding her Cow Plant, and was totally unprepared that the auto-translate function was active. Hilarious! :D

https://youtu.be/qGc2QebaMqk
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

They seem to say "Machu Picchu" all the time. Not really English I suppose, but that's the name for an ancient site in Peru, South America.
    I guess everyone hears what they hear. ;)

It's funny because Llamas are quite abundant in that part of the world. :D

machupiccu-01-gty-iwb-201013_1602614329299_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2021
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    They seem to say "Machu Picchu" all the time. Not really English I suppose, but that's the name for an ancient site in Peru, South America.
    I guess everyone hears what they hear. ;)

It's funny because Llamas are quite abundant in that part of the world. :D

Knowing Maxis, that is probably intentional. :D

https://youtu.be/zRozKfYGFVc
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not English, but on the TS2 Latino music channel I've heard 'cinquo de Mayo' in one of the songs.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Green iguanas flying in the sky? which in Simlish is green iguanas fluing in the sky?

You annoying TV workout presenter! which in Simlish is Arriba chandler!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    while practising a speech in front of the mirror: "Shine like a b...each!"
    Heard it, too. Stopped my heart for a moment, then laughed.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I definitely hear my sims say "Present!" when giving a gift. :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I've heard a few of my male Sims say something that sounds like, "I'll steal your dress" during some of the times I've played. It makes me laugh a bit whenever I hear it. :D