Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever build sets from TV show's in the game?

I'm sure most us have watched our favorite TV shows and decided to build the house from said TV show in The Sims. I have done just that since the game first came out back in 2000. The sets i've built are from the Australian soap opera 'Neighbours' have been a feature of my games since i started playing the game in 2000.

Below is a build of one of those sets from Neighbours. This is 'Number 32 Ramsay Street' from Neighbours, in real life it's known as 1 Pin Oak Court. Exteriors of the house are used in between scenes but interior scenes are shot on a sound stage.

CrsvKFH.png

The real property of 1 Pin Oak Court came up for sale recently and i replaced the sound stage layout with the real layout. The layout of the real property is of course slightly different from the show.

VNfOfs9.png

What sets from TV shows have you built in the game?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    In the past I have made:

Sookie's house from True Blood
    Monica's apartment from Friends
    The Ingall's house from Little House on the Prairie
    Central Perk from Friends
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I always think about it, but I’m too lazy. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't build the actual set. I usually build what I think the house/apartment should really look like. For example, those huge NY apartments that would cost half a million a year, but is currently occupied by two minimum wage waitresses, yeah, I make their home what it actually would be like. There are only a few sets that I've done, mostly period pieces.

I think it's really awesome that you got to see the real interior and were able to redo it.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I don't build the actual set. I usually build what I think the house/apartment should really look like. For example, those huge NY apartments that would cost half a million a year, but is currently occupied by two minimum wage waitresses, yeah, I make their home what it actually would be like. There are only a few sets that I've done, mostly period pieces.

I think it's really awesome that you got to see the real interior and were able to redo it.

I love that you make their homes more realistic. That always bugs me about tv shows.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member

It's very rare you get to see the real interior of the houses on that cul-de-sac but when they do appear you realize how different they are compared to how they look on that particular show. The sets in Neighbours are known to gain one or two extra bedrooms depending who's living where and swimming pools turn up over night!

Now i've build the real interior i'm stumped on what layout to use, the TV version of the house which i've been using since i built it or the real layout.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

It's very rare you get to see the real interior of the houses on that cul-de-sac but when they do appear you realize how different they are compared to how they look on that particular show. The sets in Neighbours are known to gain one or two extra bedrooms depending who's living where and swimming pools turn up over night!

Now i've build the real interior i'm stumped on what layout to use, the TV version of the house which i've been using since i built it or the real layout.

Maybe you should switch it up and see if you like the new layout. But of course I do understand wanting to play the old one, especially if you have a lot of memories with it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've once built the charmed house following a speed build video. Then i accidentally deleted the save where it was before i uploaded it to my library :disappointed: never tried again. But i'm def not a builder. I don't have the attention to detail needed...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    I've built several. Frasier's apartment. Sex & The City. Will & Grace.
    And Seinfield. Using floor plans I found online.

http://www.home-designing.com/2013/03/floor-plans-of-homes-from-famous-tv-shows
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    No but I do like to look up homes and floor plans for ideas
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Always one offs. King Of The Hill, Hill's house. Simpson house, How I Met Your Mother. I imagine a few more. I have made lots of sims, too, E.G. Jonathan and Mark from Highway to Heaven, Althea and Donna, Linda McCartney...
    edited April 2021
    I've always wanted to build Mork and Mindy's townhouse, but still haven't gotten around to it. I do make a lot of Sims, though.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I haven't, but my daughter found a bunch of Walking Dead sets in the Gallery.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I have made the Ricardo apartment from I Love Lucy and the Connor house from Roseanne
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I had an apartment from Big Bang Theory built back in Sims3 days, but in Sims4 I had none so far.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't build sets I build homes based on TV Shows.

I've build homes based on:
    Stargate SG1/Atlantis
    Star Trek Enterprise/Voyager
    Star Wars Ship/Tantooee/Naboo
    Original Charmed Manor
    Alice in Wonderland Underground World
    Once Upon A Time's Regina's Castle
    Snow White's Cottage
    Belle & Beast's Castle
    Cinderella's Chateau
    Original Battlestar Galactica
    Batman's Dark Knight House
    Xmen Storm's Home

That's all I can remember.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I didn't build them to play in but I built a museum for Del Sol Valley that had Monica's & Rachel's apartment from friends. I also built a set inspired by Lucy's & Ricky's apartment from "I Love Lucy." I put a few mannequins around those sets to "showcase" different outfits from the two shows.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Yes. Only I took it from the movie version of my most favorite TV Show of all time! I did make a number of tweaks, since I wasn't able to completely capture the look on the whole.

tVhO8Ev.jpg

Np6H2V8.jpg

niU5OkI.jpg

PJlhuXm.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I always think about it, but I’m too lazy. :)
    Yes. Only I took it from the movie version of my most favorite TV Show of all time! I did make a number of tweaks, since I wasn't able to completely capture the look on the whole.

tVhO8Ev.jpg

I forgot that I made an Enterprise too! So I'm not always lazy. :)

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    The tv shows I've built from were The Walking Dead (Sims 3), Vampire Diaries, (Sims 3), True Blood (Sims 3), Party of Five (Sims 2-3), 1940's House (Sims 3), 1900 House (Sims 2-4), and Stranger Things (Sims 4).

Mostly I build from movies. LOTR & Hobbit (3), Twilight (2-4), The Goonies (2-4), Poltergeist (2-3), A Christmas Story (3-4), Beetlejuice (3), Harry Potter (3), Iron Man (3), Ferris Bueller (3), Dracula (2-4), Up (4), Little Women (2&4), Amityville Horror (4), and ET (4).

I also built some real houses and houses from previous Sims games. I really need to finish "moving" my older builds into Sims 4.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Oh my gosh, @GalacticGal , love your Classic Star Trek Enterprise. So cool. <3B)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, @GalacticGal , love your Classic Star Trek Enterprise. So cool. <3B)

Thank you, you're very kind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • sFX_BuildersFX_Builder Posts: 34 Member
    I've made a stage from The Voice that's lore friendly to The Sims. I put it up on the Gallery, and it does require one mod for use. Privately message me for more info on how to use my upload.

I will later post a few pictures of the stage and a reminder of what it is, since I can't post pictures due to my membership limitation of being new to the forums.
    ~ SimFX Building Team | Zach C
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2021

This looks awesome! You did really well with the rather limited amount of build/buy items available to make it work. We desperately need more sci-fi stuff in the sims 4! Or better yet, a Star Trek Expansion! :)

And to OP, I don't remember ever having build something from a TV show (or movie). I do however look at TV shows like The Conners, Wandavision, Married with Children (basically sitcom houses) and while watching the show simultaneously figuring out the layout of the house in case I want to build something like that in the sims (with the one from Full/Fuller House totally baffling me as the interior sets just don't look like they could fit in the house that is shown in exterior footage). At the very least I might have incorporated some set designs or ideas in my sims buildings though.

Edit: Nope wait, re-reading SERVERFRA's post where they listed Xmen Storm's Home, I remembered to have build a house in the Sims 2 that was meant to resemble the X-Mansion from the comics (so basically not the movie version, but still a building feature in a movie). Marvel used to publish these Official Handbook of The Marvel Universe comics which feature blueprint like floor plans for their iconic buildings like the Baxter Building, Avengers Mansion, and the X-Mansion which were very helpful.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I've done two. One was the house from Poltergeist and the other was Sailor Moon's house.

Sailor Moon's House

The Poltergeist House
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.