Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggest me a story pls?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
I should finally have some time to play again soon (enough time to actually get into a story), although only for a few days - but I'm at a loss for what story I'd like to tell. I had started a few a while back but I'm not in the mood to return to any of them.

I like: family play, occults, rotational play, rags to riches, multiple adult sims with a specific purpose (had a military base in Strangerville and I loved it - but I tried to do the same with an occult orphanage and the fact that children can't do magic pains me), mundane stuff like doing laundry lol

I dislike: unnecessarily dramatic stories (no gossipping girl squads, no affairs, etc), too much setup time (just bc I don't have the time and I will run out of interest to actually play it- BUT if you happen to know of a good starting save for certain types of stories, I would be open to that).

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply :blush:

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    Atm i'm playing some kind of colonizing game. I have started a legacy at a completelly empty save. I added a starter home for my legacy. I started adding community lots on the go as i need them. For example, when i wanted my sim to get married i added a church and when my sim's daughter wanted to make friends i added a park with a lot of activities. My new heir dreams of visiting mt. Komorebi but she still can't afford the trip but i've already added a rental cabin in the mountain. This isn't a story but some kind of a goal, to colonize the whole worlds.
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Here's some ideas off the top of my head:

- An alien trying to get by and understanding the strange Sim world and its inhabitants around them
    - A shared flat type situation with one human among various occults...
    - ... or the other way around: one occult living among humans in a shared flat, trying to not be discovered as non-human
    - a human family and various occult families (e.g. vampire clan, alien family, etc), and their stories and lives end up intertwining
    - a human whose family merges with various occults (e.g. founder marries an alien, their daughter becomes a vampire, their grandson becomes a merman, etc)

Some of these could get longer than others, but it's all up to you and they can shortened in some way imo.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited April 2021
    I dislike: unnecessarily dramatic stories

^ pretty much sums up anything i would come up with :joy: i like me some soap opera
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I should finally have some time to play again soon (enough time to actually get into a story), although only for a few days - but I'm at a loss for what story I'd like to tell. I had started a few a while back but I'm not in the mood to return to any of them.

I like: family play, occults, rotational play, rags to riches, multiple adult sims with a specific purpose (had a military base in Strangerville and I loved it - but I tried to do the same with an occult orphanage and the fact that children can't do magic pains me), mundane stuff like doing laundry lol

I dislike: unnecessarily dramatic stories (no gossipping girl squads, no affairs, etc), too much setup time (just bc I don't have the time and I will run out of interest to actually play it- BUT if you happen to know of a good starting save for certain types of stories, I would be open to that).

I don’t really tell “stories” I just play as if the sims and their world was “real” 🤷🏼‍♂️ The story kinda just tells itself, I guess, but even then, I don’t really have a “plot”. I just play.

—T
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I play on rotation so I have a lot of different 'stories' going on. Here's a few:

Loner guy in astronaut career, who is obsessed with finding proof of alien life. He's gonna build his own rocket ship and visit the aliens and will eventually bring one home to marry and have little alien babies.

Orphanage run by a mean criminal lady who hates kids. All the kids have to do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, fixing. They are banding together to become a family in spite of their carer and will one day exact revenge on her. Possibly a bit too dramatic for you though.

Two couples living next door to each other, both with twin toddler girls. They are gonna grow up to be best friends for life.

An off-the-grid couple who live in Glimmerbrook, they are trying to make their own furniture, grow their own food etc. Starting out with next to nothing, so kind of rags to riches.

I have a couple, one in the military, who are doing the Strangerville mystery.

A female sim who left her horrid husband and had nowhere to go, she got a job as a live-in nanny to look after a family's baby and toddler. When they aged up, she moved in with another family to be their nanny. Then she discovered that this family were vampires and, after letting the dad feed on her, she started falling in love with him. Maybe miss out the drama bit from that story lol.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    An older sim goes back to university. I did this with an adult, but an elder might be interesting too. My sim kept her job and attended school. She wanted to further her career. This works well with the work from home jobs.
  • Tyra_AdelsköldTyra_Adelsköld Posts: 3 New Member
    My favourite "story" game in the Sims 3 involved a young witch who was the illegitimate daughter of a powerful wizard and his mistress. He didn't let her in the house, made her sleep in the shed and fed her scraps. I set some rules for myself such as:
    She had to unlock the fireball spell to escape the shed at night
    After she escaped she lived off the grid in the mountains near the town
    She had to level up her handiness before she was allowed more than a campfire and a hay bale to sleep on
    There were consequences if her father or one of his cronies caught her in town after she escaped
    I created a new lot in the same town to be a prison and locked her in it at one point when she was caught
    Whenever her teleportation booth went on the fritz, it was "her father trying to track her down", and she couldn't use it for a while
    To win, she had to defeat her father in a duel

I had to use a lot of cc and cheats to make everything work though. I cheated to give the father 10 magic skill for example. I'm thinking of trying this again in the Sims 4 although I think it would be harder to set up.
  • Tyra_AdelsköldTyra_Adelsköld Posts: 3 New Member
    I guess mine probably falls under the category of "too dramatic" XD
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Given your interests how about two households that live next door to each other and have some sort of difference related to occults? like...

- One household is aliens or mermaids and the other is normies
    - Two siblings or childhood best friends grow up and settle down next door to each other with their families, except one has become a spellcaster or turned into a vampire since the time they were kids together
    - The town is primarily made up of one type of occult and a normie household moves in and tries to adjust

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited April 2021
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Do you want us to share our households on the gallery for you? I have a go-to spellcaster family. I use them when I don't want to create a household but want to play spellcasters. I also have my go-to sim, Victoria Van Helsing. Right now I'm doing gameplay with the Sages as kids. I'm also playing 2 other saved games. One with my go-to spellcaster family and the other is where Simeon and Morgyn are married and have kids. I'm going back and forth between these 3 games.

I did a scenario, where I made most of the worlds dark and it was Vampire oriented. The objective was to turn as many people into vampires as possible with about a 2% population being non occults since vampires can feed off of other occults but they can't turn them into a vampire which they can feed off of.

You can always save your game as "Save As" at any point in your game when you want to make choices and not sure which choice is best for your game you want to play

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2021
    So I tried this challenge except I play it super casual and don't roll the dice. https://hollie155.wixsite.com/upgrowth-challenge It is very Rags to Riches friendly.

You can spice it up with adding occults in it in disguise kind of like WandaVision living each decade. Let the story take you where it will and if you have some surprises along the way, makes the story even more fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    A teen is being raised by their horrid relatives due to the tragic death of their parents some years ago. The horrid relatives have a horrid child who they dote on but who is spoiled and obnoxious. This child makes the teen's life even more difficult than it already is. The teen finds out they have a special occult ability and ends up going to a boarding school full of other teens who have the same ability. However, the teen must spend summers back with their horrid relatives.

A woman is dating a man who she doesn't realize is an occult (or vice versa). Only males can be this type of occult--a few women have tried to become this type of occult before but they've all died horribly. The woman is unknowingly exposed to the substance that turns people into this occult. She becomes violently ill but somehow survives to become the only woman of her occult type. She is highly prized by the other all-male occults who seek to use her for their gain, whether it be status, power, or breeding pure-blooded occults (they currently must mate with humans). Her original lover and his loyal group of occults help protect her from these power-seekers, even though, due to her newly acquired occult abilities, she is plenty capable of inflicting damage on those who would wish to hurt her.

Those are basically just parts of the plots from Harry Potter and Bitten, but I wrote it like that to show that you can take the major plot points of pretty much any book or show you like and make it your own. Happy simming! :smiley:
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    A mom living day to day, struggling to stay on her toes for everybody. Her teen daughter is ungrateful... Her daughter won't talk to her, until she makes amends with her own mom who comes to stay in her (hopefully...) final days, who has major conflicting traits with her.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Star struck alien finds love in Del Sol Valley
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well my story is a single spellcaster female sim that lives in a trailer in Strangerville she's inspired by my name is earl character Joy lol , she works in the fast food trade, got pregnant by an old alien man, they kissed infront of his wife and woohoo in a motel upstairs of the restaurant, unfortunately he died by being too knackered, so she could end up with a green baby with magic powers, who knows 😂 yes this is what happened in my game today lol
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    An old lady with a beautiful young adult daughter runs a boarding house. The daughter helps clean, do laundry, etc. Each tenant has their own story. The mom and daughter are permanent residents, but you can move tenants in and out.

You could also make the boarding house owners:
    -A brother and sister with a dark secret
    -Married vampires who drink the blood of their tenants then erase their memories
    -An ugly sim married to a beautiful mermaid (or merman); they must hide the fact she's a mermaid from the world
    -Aliens studying human behavior
    -A married couple, one living and one dead, but the ghost doesn't realize they died
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I have some story ideas I have played categorized by the pack mainly used:
    1) Get together: The history of the clubs of Windenburg. Members come and go, generations pass but the cultural identities of the clubs remain the same.
    2) Eco lifestyle- a freegan family that lives of the grid with very few simoleons. They have to make a living on their own without working, make their own furniture, produce their own energy, selling their crafted stuff.
    3)Snowy escape-A group of friends bond over a dangerous mountain excursion.
    4)Realm of magic- Create three schools of magic with their own dedicated lot for each one. The three schools are the Erudites, the Alchemists and the Duelists. Every school specializes in different styles of magic and it has a main goal to achieve.
    The erudites: the are ruled by the sage of practical magic. Their members practice practical and untamed magic. They pick perks only from the first row of the panel that is related to wisdom. They like gardening and their main goal is to turn the whole neighboorhood green using their magic.
    The alchemists: they are ruled by the sage of mischief magic. They practice mischief, practical magic and alchemy. They pick perks only from the second row related to alchemy. Their main goal is to become super powerful by gaining a lot of money. Making a potion selling business is one way to go.
    The duelists: they are ruled by the sage of untamed magic. They pick perks from the third row of dueling. They practice untamed mischief magic and mediumship. They live in forgotten hollow and they are at war with vampires. Their main goal is to win this war.
    5) Island living- a group of survivors end up on mua pel'ham. There they must live off the grid and build their own colony.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks so much for all your suggestions!! :blush: Sorry for taking so long to read them (and to all the helpful drama players that wanted to help before they read the dislike list haha).

I just wanted to play but I can't go online at all for some reason :( Is this a current bug with the game? I'd kind of want to download some stuff from the gallery. Nvmd fixed