Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

create-a-style

the colors provided in Sims 4 for Furniture , Interior Walls , Exterior Walls ... are atrocious

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    the colors provided in Sims 4 for Furniture , Interior Walls , Exterior Walls ... are atrocious

I....agree :p And almost nothing matches. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing in rainbowland.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The colors truly are horrible I remember the battle to get them to give us simple colors like black and white for windows and doors we had the horrible yellowish white for the longest time. But seriously who do they make all these horrid swatches for there cant be that many people who like them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Queen_ZelyndaQueen_Zelynda Posts: 16 Member
    Bring! Back! Create-A-Style! Bring! Back! Create-A-Style!

Seriously, when I first found out that Sims _4_ DIDN'T have it after Sims _3_ DID, I was like..."Why the beep did they go BACKWARDS?"
  • latina730latina730 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with everyone about the color styles. Why they went backward on this is truly mind-boggling. I really would like to be able to create homes with realistic, believable color styles. The curtains :s They torture me lol. Please please please make this an update PLEASE
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The absence of Create A Style, a tool I used extensively in TS3, was a deciding factor in not migrating to TS4 at launch or, in fact, until I was offered the base game for free. I have managed to adapt, but this tool would make coordinating interiors much, much easier.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    The absence of Create A Style, a tool I used extensively in TS3, was a deciding factor in not migrating to TS4 at launch or, in fact, until I was offered the base game for free. I have managed to adapt, but this tool would make coordinating interiors much, much easier.

Exactly the same for me! I was excited about TS4 when it was released, and then was just super annoyed and disappointed by CASt not being part of it.

I never played it beyond a simple and quick session of creating a sim and placing them in the world to check it out. I returned to TS3 until toddlers were released and I was positive that by now they would have implemented that system into the game (and allowed editing the worlds to suit our needs ... ie: removing unwanted objects, adding more things such as easels and playground equipment that came in later packs, etc.).

But, nope!

TS4 has a LOT of content spread over the packs, but the majority of them do not have swatches that actually match "with" the other packs. For example, basegame furniture has a disgusting grayish color for whites on the windows and the wood looks plastic, newer packs have better wood textures, but the colors don't match other woods. Other packs have much better windows, but there's only like 1-2 windows that came with that pack and if you need a certain size window you won't be able to find one that matches.

I use a lot of CC just to get my matching stuff. In TS3 I never had to use CC (besides some hair, because those were just not good, at all) because I could match ANYTHING, whether it was build/buy stuff, wallpapers, floors, clothing, make-up, accessories, etc.

I can say with 100% certainty, that if TS5 does not have some sort of CASt'ing ability, I won't be moving on. I've had to deal with these mismatched (and lacking) swatches for 7+ years, why would I want to buy a new game with the same limitations only to be irritated all over when building/furnishing in it? I can just stick with TS4 or do like I do now and go back to TS3 when I get the itch to be all matchy/matchy.

Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I wonder if they could at least add it for Sims that want to purchase"styled " items and clothes- like pay extra for a unique look.