Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims obsessing over items?

Is anybody else’s sims obsessing over certain items since the latest update? I’m currently playing in the Greenberg household in Evergreen harbour and both of the old ladies are obsessed with the sun loungers on top of their container home. It’s driving me crazy cause they are forever climbing up and down the ladder to get to them.

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    Update: I deleted the loungers...

They were doing it even in a thunderstorm. I want them to die naturally of old age and not of stupidity. :D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    idk all i see is that sims im not playing like neighbors npc etc are absolutely obsessed with clay and that sketching tablet thing which neither is on lot or their inventories

then again i play autonomy off so most autonomy bugs would be completely unknown to me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    idk all i see is that sims im not playing like neighbors npc etc are absolutely obsessed with clay and that sketching tablet thing which neither is on lot or their inventories

then again i play autonomy off so most autonomy bugs would be completely unknown to me

Wasn't that a bug introduced by Eco-Living? There's a mod out there that removes it. My sims have been terribly recently by compulsively making food to satisfy hunger -- never EATING it, just making it, so the kitchen fills with spoiled dishes. I'm tempted to freeze motives and remove the fridge.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited April 2021

Wasn't that a bug introduced by Eco-Living? There's a mod out there that removes it.

could be i haven't actually had eco all that long yet cause i got it sometime around anniversary in sale so its indeed rather recent annoyance to me

don't play with mods though so i guess ill just suffer until it gets fixed or sims find something else to obsess over
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Before it was the globe bar, now it's the grill. Every time I turn my back a sim is trying to brew herbal stuff from Outdoor Retreat. I deleted the grill because guests keep doing it too. They leave my yard littered with herbal drinks.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes, I don't know if it's because of the trait update but my sims tends to just do stuff related to their traits like working out or using the chess board, even if they are hungry, it's probably enhanced by the bug where sims don't eat autonomously.

Sims playing with clay or making herbal remedies are bugs left from Eco Lifestyle and their horrible NAPs, you should be able to get rid of it by making sure no NAPs are active and you should also download the eco lifestyle fixes mod by simvasion. If you have a save from when you played Eco Lifestyle you will probably have sims with loads of clay in their inventories because the bug just kept spawning clay in their inventory so have fun getting rid of those.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Cleaning and taking trash away. And these are not even neat sims. Just every sim including children.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    Add playing in mud puddles to the list...

My sims were obsessed with playing in mud puddles during a thunderstorm yesterday when I played. I had to lock them in the house for their own safety.

Ever since the last patch my sims are obsessing over specific things, often starting activities and being immediately distracted by something else.

It's actually making them really bad at taking care of themselves and it's driving me a little crazy at the moment. I really feel like the autonomy has gained some issues recently and I hope it will be fixed.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    That stupid lump of clay, I started getting rid of it as soon as I saw it in their inventory. They'd leave their meal sitting on the counter to play with the clay even when their hunger was in the red.

Less annoying, even sometimes charming was their obsession over musical instruments. Once when my sim arrived home just after receiving a job promotion she pulled out the signature guitar she just received as a bonus and started playing while still wearing that weird llama/unicorn mascot costume. Wish I had thought to get pictures and/or video clips of that.
    The cake is a lie
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mine seem obsessed with fireplaces.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    If there's a doll house on the lot, my Sims obsess over that. But that's been a thing since the beginning. As for Sims taking out the trash, all I can say is HOORAH! Easier than asking a certain hubby to do it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mine were obsessed with taking out trash too but I reduced that by buying a Nanocan (I think that's what they're called) so they only have to take the trash to one bin.