Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Say In Theory

In theory, if you had creative control of the sims 4, what choices would you have made? Like packs you would’ve combined, or how you would have designed traits, or would have programmed certain gameplay?

For examples
I would have combined Tiny living, Eco lifestyle, and the eco friendly aspects of Island Living. A lot of NAPs would work differently in my vision, like Sharing is Caring would have been about the neighborhood supporting a charity rather than just… stealing y’know XD. The more outlandish NAP ideas wouldn’t be considered by default, the player would have to add them into the running. I would have added more ways to ruin the environment along with traits corresponding to that.

I like reading people’s ideas so don’t be afraid to go crazy with them. But I would like us to try to keep this thread within the framework of how we would have made the packs we’ve already been given rather than us making whole knew pack ideas (although if you draw from previous games I see no issue of that ex: changing parenthood into a whole Generations expansion and the ideas that comes with)

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    In Eco Lifestyle i'ld have made the trash spawn along with the industrial print in any neighbourhood of any world (with a cheat code to make neighbourhoods super dirty with just one click :lol: )
    In Discover University i'ld have made university last two weeks max, with 2/3 credits each.
    In City Living i'ld have made posible to build apartments, or at least, have a category for apartments in the gallery.
    The only gripe i have with Get Together are the premade clubs that are hard to delete and are spawned constantly to keep a minimum of 11. I'ld have added a button to easily delete them and would take away the minimum amount of clubs. Sometimes i just don't want any club in my game or i want only my clubs, the clubs i created... but the game keeps respawning premade clubs...
    In Get to Work i'ld have made posible to run a retail store from home. I bought the pack mostly because of the retails but this is the reason i almost don't play them... (although i ended up loving the active careers and the aliens too :) ).

I find this thread very interesting. Now that devs are going back to upgrade older systems it's really nice to know what are the things people would have made different.
    Now i don't have enough time but later i will be back to talk about game packs.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Ok...

Base Game:

Roof gutters tool

Natural pond tool

Inside roof view option

Ceiling painting tool

Services meters (energy, water) and fuse box

Fireplace clutter: log holders, fireplace tools

Built-in Trash compactor

Wi-fi router system

Expansion Packs:

Get To Work: education and architecture career and some reward items like the lie detector, the surgery training station, the biotech station and the drawing board

Get Together: pool tables (three models plus clutter), mechanic bull, arcade machines, CAS items from Throwback Fit kit

City Living: more musical instruments like bass, drums and the breakdancer mat

Cats & Dogs: a new juvenile life stage for pets, absorbing the My First Pet SP and adding dog houses and bird cages. Also, aquarium care system return

Seasons: 90° and 180° sprinklers, irrigation timer, composting and lawn mowing system

Island Living: Oceanography career, scuba diving lot instead a rabbit hole

Get Famous: including careers and elements from TS3 Showtime

Discover University: bicycle can be hanged in the ceiling or in the wall, monster plant from The Sims Bustin' Out

Eco Lifestyle: vertical hydrponic planter, water heating system and propane tanks

Snowy Escape: Zen Garden and martial arts skill with new items like the board breaker

Game Packs:

Outdoor Retreat: have axe throwing and log rolling activities

Jungle Adventure: archery range, werewolf lifestage, awning tool for build mode

Parenthood: better babies introduction, ballet barre and soccer/football goal

StrangerVille: obstacle course from The Sims 2 and telescopes (three models)

Joruney To Batuu: instead a Stars Wars GP, a Freetime like would be released with hobbies: sewing, pottery, sculping and forging

A new paranormal Game Pack merging Spooky and Paranormal SPs, including fairies.

Stuff Packs:

Instead My First Pet SP, a horse based SP would be released, requiring Cats & Dogs as well

Instead Spooky SP, a Fast Lane like SP would be released, with the free update of cars and a junk restoration car in two models

Instead Paranormal SP, Bust The Dust would be a SP instead a Kit, with new cleaning items and stuff

Backyard: have the water slide and a swimming pool cleaning system

Bowling Night: a deep fryer

Vintage Glamour: disco ball and retro dance steps

Tiny Living: a shower with a small tub as a update for all showers, to bath toddlers and pets without a 2x1 tub or shower combo

Laundry Day: TS3 laundry machines as second model, clothes ironing system and a butter churn item to follow the country like items and absorbing the Country Kitchen kit

Fitness: more gym machines, like stationary bicycle

Now, for the future... (2021 and 2022)

Generations EP (2021): new life stages (pre-teen and elder adult), boarding schools, new parties, interactions, relationships, treehouse and items (lemonade and bake stands, for example). Also body hair for CAS.

Amusement park GP (2021): carrousel, wheel of fortune, roller coaster and cotton candy stand, genie return. Zombie lifestate return

Farming EP (2021): cows, chickens, goat, sheeps, pigs, more harvestable vegetables and fruits, nectar making, loom item, tractor, water wheel, wood chopping system, NPC animals (wolves, deers, eagles), canning, cheese and jam making

Egypt GP (2021): much like TS3 - World Adventure but based in Egypt, with tombs and mummy