Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim children making friends autonomously

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
I noticed this the other day, I left my family of 4 to play with another family for a while, when I came back to play them again the boy child made a friend and I didn't do it, has this happened in your game? Could this be a possible hint to story progression coming soon ? Ps I don't have mods

Comments

• Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2021
    That's what happens when your other played Sims interact with others on the lot you're Active Sim is currently in. Some social interactions and moodlets actually count to their progress in the background even as inactive Sims.
  • Options
    Ooooh I got a bit excited there 😆 @thatpinkcoconut
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Yes! This has been happening to me too! As well as unplayed sims developing romances with other sims...
  • Options
    Interesting have you got any mods or that, that would develop relationships ? @sarabeth2984
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited March 2021
    I left my heir and his wife alone while i played one of their sons. When i switch back to the heir he has a hurt sentiment towards his wife. While observing them she seems to want to insult him during conversation now.
  • Options
    I think there's something going on 🤔 @Brd709
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2021
    @nikkih I do have MCCC but no other mods that can affect relationships. I turned off all MCCC directed marriages and relationships since I do all of that manually. My other mods are Pose Player, Teleport any Sim, No sick pets and Playable pets. That's it!
    I had a vampire sim, Samantha Gratz, who was a college student. She wound up getting in a relationship with one of her roommates, a handsome dude named Raghavan. When she wound up in the family way, she asked him to join the household. After looking at his relationship panel, he had a 50% romance level with Mele Kahananui. I dipped into her household to see what was going on, and she had 3 boyfriends! I had never played these households before. The only thing I can think of is that both sims are often spawned in during the Romance Festival whenever my main played sims visit. I am thinking that romances may be developing with other sims because of it.
    Also, Raghavan has the noncommital trait (I dunno about this relationship-poor Samantha...)
    I have also noticed sims having enemies with random sims too! I play Simeon Silversweater a lot. He has quite a few sims who dislike him enough to despise each other, even though I don't remember him interacting with them ever. And my version of Simeon is a fairly friendly and cheerful guy. 2 of my kid sims have the same problem.
    Weird lol
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    @nikkih I do have MCCC but no other mods that can affect relationships. I turned off all MCCC directed marriages and relationships since I do all of that manually. My other mods are Pose Player, Teleport any Sim, No sick pets and Playable pets. That's it!
    I had a vampire sim, Samantha Gratz, who was a college student. She wound up getting in a relationship with one of her roommates, a handsome dude named Raghavan. When she wound up in the family way, she asked him to join the household. After looking at his relationship panel, he had a 50% romance level with Mele Kahananui. I dipped into her household to see what was going on, and she had 3 boyfriends! I had never played these households before. The only thing I can think of is that both sims are often spawned in during the Romance Festival whenever my main played sims visit. I am thinking that romances may be developing with other sims because of it.
    Also, Raghavan has the noncommital trait (I dunno about this relationship-poor Samantha...)
    I have also noticed sims having enemies with random sims too! I play Simeon Silversweater a lot. He has quite a few sims who dislike him enough to despise each other, even though I don't remember him interacting with them ever. And my version of Simeon is a fairly friendly and cheerful guy. 2 of my kid sims have the same problem.
    Weird lol

Yup. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I noticed this the other day, I left my family of 4 to play with another family for a while, when I came back to play them again the boy child made a friend and I didn't do it, has this happened in your game? Could this be a possible hint to story progression coming soon ? Ps I don't have mods

With full autonomy on, other Sims while in NPC mode will develop skills and friendships (and sometimes enemies) ;)
    They have to be active wherever you're playing though, (usually random) so one portion of a map, they could be out jogging or something and encounter another NPC. You won't notice while playing your active household unless you look around the entire active map area.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Awk I thought I was on to something 🤣 @Admiral8Q
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I think there's something going on 🤔 @Brd709

Might have to check their relationships and see if anyone's being unfaithful. His wife Liberty is a goofball but why would goofballs want to insult their spouse?

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    It’s always been in the game. They have a 50/50 chance of befriending or disliking other sims when on an active lot and you’re not controlling them. And romance sims will flirt autonomously and that will start relationships if not declined.

—T