Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Future updates ideas 2021-2023

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Even with The Sims 5 launch, The Sims 4 can receive updates in the form of new items, gameplay and rewards for packs owners. Also adding new interactions and fixing some issues.

Gameplay changes and fixes:
-Sims can now spooning in bed when two sims are sleeping with a good relationship and/or friendship, giving a good moodlet
-Turning on a TV, stereo or computer while a Sim is sleeping in the same room will wake up that sim with a bad moodlet. Also, using the vaccuum cleaner in the same floor.
-Pets will be scared when a vaccuum cleaner is being used in the same floor.
-Pets will be playable
-Sims now can choose priorities between getting leftovers, cooking and grilling
-Sims can now "lock" they grills
-Outdoor lovers sims will enjoy the thunder storms
-Sims can call a vet to check a pet in their lots, but only with the cheapest treatment
-Issues between staircases and roofs fixed.
-Dogs obessed with fireplaces fixed
-Non stop grilling fixed
-Children making a mess fixed
-Sims can walk through pets beds
-Pets pee will have a yellow color and will stink, giving a bad moodlet
-Hampers: Sims can now load the washing machine and wash clothes in the same option, much like "fill bow and call pet to eat"
-Trash: Sims can scavarge for parts and throw away the trash in the same option, much like above example.

Rewards items for packs and kits owners:
-For Base Game, new grid services meters will be available for checking consume of water and electricity (energy).
-Four new showers with a small tub will be available for Base Game (2), Tiny Living (1) and City Living (1). These showers can be used to wash pets and toddlers, but Sims can't take baths on it, just showers.
-Three dog houses will be available for the owners of Cats & Dogs (2) and My First Pet (1)
-A new garden hose will be available for Cats & Dogs owners, to wash pets outside
-Two new solar panels with a water tank will be available for Eco Lifestyle owners
-A Zen Garden and a wooden Training Dummy will be available for Snowy Escape owners
-A Board Breaker will be available for Spa Day owners
-A Axe Throwing target will be available for Outdoor Retreat owners
-A functional Butter Churn will be available for Country Kitchen owners
-A Obstacle Course will be available for StrangerVille owners
-A compost bin will be available for Seasons owners, to store and harvest fertilizer with crops like raked leaves
-A new vertical parking item for bicycles will be available for Discover University owners
-Two new sprinkles will be available for Seasons owners, now in 90° and 180°. Also, a new item, the Irrigator Control, based in The Sims Online item will be available for programing the sprinklers.
-A boombox will be available for Throwback Fit owners.
-A training dummy will be available for Fitness owners (based in Freeplay)
-A deep fryer will be available for Bowling Night owners
-A disco ball will be available for Luxury Party owners
-A mini golf will be available for Backyard owners

New gameplay systems and items:
-Sims can now clean their swimming pools using a leaf skimmer (same model from Get Together), adding a floating chlorine dispenser or adding a swimming pool filter.
-Propane tanks and cylinders will be available. Placing one of those, will add a new item in the sims bill: propane (or gas), used in stoves, ovens and upgrading the dryer machine for Laundry Day owners. Propane must be checked by a hired professional or placing a gas leak alarm. Also, a gas meter will be available for City Living owners.
-Water heaters will be available in three models: propane powered (requires a tank or cylinder), electric and tank heater (basement). Placing a water heater, Sims can now suffer from a temperature rise if they're taking a shower and other Sim uses a toilet or a sink, so heaters must be upgraded to avoid this bad moodlet issues.
-Aquarium care returns to The Sims 4. Fishes can now die for starving or bad water quality. Sims can now feed, clean, trim plants and change water periodically. Also, they can upgrade the aquariums with a heater, a filter or automatic feeder.
-Sims will now require a Wi-Fi router to have internet in their homes. Three different models with different range each available. Sims can write a secure password depending of their programming skill level to avoid unwanted connections and blocking the internet access for children, teens or guests.
-A new roof antenna will be available for roof decorations. That antenna will be the equivalent for the receptor upgrade for all televisions in the lot.
-Lawn mowers will be a new item, due the return of the overgrown / weed and brushes trimming. Three different lawnmowers will be available: manual, electric and gasoline powered, each can be upgraded with new blades and others.
-Two soundbars will be available for Base Game owners: tabletop and wall mounted, both based in the one of Tiny Living TV rack. Soundbars can be connected to televisions for a better sound experience, giving a good moodlet for the sims.
-Fireplace clutter: fireplace tools and logs holder
-Burglar and police return with the security alarm

Build mode:
-Roof gutters will be a new tool for Build mode. It will be decorative for base game, between plastic and metalic models. Owners of Get Together will now have the water pipes in a new tool. For Eco Lifestyle, a water collector can be placed to store water and for Seasons owners, Sims must clean the gutters in autum/fall or face rain leaks from the roof
-Auto roof tool returns
-Inside roof view for attic builders
-Ceiling painting tool
-Spiral staircases will come in a basic wood model. For future expansions or updates, three new ones will be released: stone, metal and glass.
-Natural pond tool will be available with auto rocks border option, cascades and decorative items
-Players can now choose between a dresser or a bookshelf to fill the space under the staircase.

Catalogue changes:
-Laundry items will have their dedicated catalogue section in Appliances -> Laundry and Kitchen -> Laundry for the owners of Laundry Day
-Aquatic plants will have their own section under Plants

Items updates:
-All kitchen hoods can be upgraded with a fire alarm
-All roof fans can be upgraded with a lighting function
-All fridges and microwaves ovens will have a "OMSP" function, to place clutter without mods or shelves

Comments

• sFX_BuildersFX_Builder Posts: 34 Member
    I really like the idea that pets should be playable. We consider our own pets as people, so the game should be aimed that way by implying that pets are 'sims'.

I've also been trying for years to get EA to re-add the burglar system. I feel like it adds the rest of the missing pieces to the game that were a large part of The Sims' history. Unfortunately due to controversy they have chosen to remove the burglars, but I feel different on their decision.

All in all, great post. Please keep it up. :smiley:
    ~ SimFX Building Team | Zach C
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    Still missing
    Hi,

Since 2014 The Sims 4 brought back many things but some things are still missing

Below the list from the previous basegames :
    • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| NPC: Social worker
    • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| Object: Pinball
    • |TS1/TS2 Basegame| Object: Burglar alarm
    • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| Object: Food processor
    • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| NPC: Police officer
    • |TS1/TS2/TS3 Basegame| NPC: Burglar
    • |TS2 Basegame| Object: Mini golf
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Private School
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Noogie (Teen to child)
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Cops and Robbers (Child to child)
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Red Hands
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Mary Mack (Child to child)
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Tag (Child to child)
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Jumping on bed or sofa
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Pillow fighting
    • |TS2 Basegame| Gameplay: Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors
    • |TS2/TS3 Basegame| Gameplay: Tossing ball/Playing catch
    • |TS2 Driveway & Garage Set/TS3 Basegame| Gameplay: Cars
    • |TS3 Basegame| Venue: Graveyard
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.12| CAS: Players can set the Fiancé and Girlfriend/Boyfriend relationships in Create-A-Sim
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| CAS: Astrological Sign
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| Build Mode: Rounded corners of swimming pool
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.17| Object: Urinal
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.22| Gameplay: Romantic Reputation
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.22| CAS: Body hair can be applied on male Sims, from head to toe!
    • |TS3 Game Update 1.42| Gameplay: Attraction System
    edited June 2021
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Here's what I would love back in Sims 4:
    Eye Lashes sliders, Color Wheel, Nails, Body Hair, Hair Color Highlights, Fairies, Genies, Werewolves,
    Spiral Stairs, Heartshape Bed, All-in-one Bathrooms, Boathouse on the sea, Playable Babies, Cribs,
    Kids that can do portait Paintings, Permanent Plantsims, Shorter Teens, Lunar Cycles, Zodiac Signs, Favorite Foods,Burglars, Burglar Alarms, Romantic Cuddling in Bed/Couch/Hot Tub, Making Out on the Bed, Photobooth Woohoo, Kissing Booths, Heyrides, Candy Apples, Apple Bobbing, Igaloos, Wedding Veils, Wedding Showers, Baby Showers,
    Inventors, Inventions, Time Machine, Time Portal, Time Travel,
    Bridgeport, Moonlight Falls & Oasis Landing.

I only played Sims 3 before Sims 4.
    edited June 2021
    CAS update :
    • More hair colors
    • Colors for nails and Claws
    • Height presets : Tall (6 ft), medium, small (5 ft 3 in)
    • Favorite activity : Reading, swimming, knitting, ...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These would be my top list of patch updates I'd want to see

- Cars/carpools/NPC cars/driveways/garages
    - Freed Babies
    - Preteens
    - Whims updated again
    - World editor
    - CAW tool
    - Attraction system
    - Body hair
    - Facial hair update that allows layering of facial hair with stubble
    - More updates to favorites and traits with new animations not just renamed interactions that all look the same
    - Diversity patch for natural red hair
    - Rounded pool build tool
    - Open water all worlds
    - Interactions between Sims without being tied to an object you name it its probably missing.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sFX_BuildersFX_Builder Posts: 34 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > These would be my top list of patch updates I'd want to see
    >
    > - Cars/carpools/NPC cars/driveways/garages
    > - Freed Babies
    > - Preteens
    > - Whims updated again
    > - World editor
    > - CAW tool
    > - Attraction system
    > - Body hair
    > - Facial hair update that allows layering of facial hair with stubble
    > - More updates to favorites and traits with new animations not just renamed interactions that all look the same
    > - Diversity patch for natural red hair
    > - Rounded pool build tool
    > - Open water all worlds
    > - Interactions between Sims without being tied to an object you name it its probably missing.

In regards to your comment, I completely agree with more age groups being a factor in The Sims 4 and in the Sims 3. This adds an "in between" age immersion when aging up in general. I hate how children go from 9 to 16 wicked fast and my brain can't quite wrap around it. I also agree with the World editor idea, which I'll get into detail about in a moment. Last thing I have in regards to your reply is the attraction system, and I have a mod that fully distributes this system without broken mechanics. I'm pretty sure the mod cannot be named here on the public forums due to it being 18+, but it can be downloaded as streamer-safe (still mosaic blur) {If this gives enough hint as to what it is}, if you come and privately message me, I can get you access to this mod.

Now, I had mentioned one of your listings earlier, and I wanted to add more to your 'World editor' idea. With The Sims 4 being a very restrictive 'zone-based' play area, I've always wanted EA to make it so that the Worlds are open and don't require loading screens. The only time it would be acceptable is if you were traveling to a different region/world, then I would understand a load screen. Other than that, I believe all your ideas are great.
    ~ SimFX Building Team | Zach C