Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofing issue that causes my game to crash

NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
Sul Sul!
So I have a (repeatable) issue where, when I try to fix a roofing issue on a build I'm working on, my game just crashes to desktop. No error message or anything. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the tech support forum. I have some images of what I'm trying to do below. Each time I try this, the game just closes. I can repeat it a number of times with the exact same result. Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on?? I'm frustrated and bemused and curious all at the same time. But mostly frustrated!

Here is the issue in pictures:

You can see in this picture that part of the roof is showing in the stairwell. I wanted to get rid of that.
jRpNF2e.png

This image shows the outline of the roof in question.
z6cgzz6.png

In order to fix the problem, I trimmed the eaves of the roof and tucked them in. I also shortened the roof by one tile.
LdkjLJw.png

But each time I do this, the game crashes to desktop.
Any ideas?

~o Sapphire o~
Gallery

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    not sure but ive had build where stairs didnt route (the other end of stairs was off foundation cause i was trying to have them as purely decoration thing) so game would crash everytime i was trying to leave the lot

maybe the stairs being somehow blocked are to blame here as well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    Did you manually open up the ceiling/floor where the stairs are or was it completely closed and did the stairs open up the ceiling? The first more easily leads to roofs still 'being there' and what simmingal said, blocking things
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »
    Did you manually open up the ceiling/floor where the stairs are or was it completely closed and did the stairs open up the ceiling? The first more easily leads to roofs still 'being there' and what simmingal said, blocking things

I am not sure what you mean. I built the house, then added the roof and then the stairs. Is that the wrong way round? I ended up using the half gabled roof on that spot, which worked. Not sure why the normal gabled (diagonal) roof kept crashing my game. Weird.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    I am not sure what you mean. I built the house, then added the roof and then the stairs. Is that the wrong way round? I ended up using the half gabled roof on that spot, which worked. Not sure why the normal gabled (diagonal) roof kept crashing my game. Weird.

If you don't know what I mean, I don't think it's an issue :D It's indeed weird that it works with a half gabled roof, but not a full roof.... At least sounds like you found a solution! :) Just for my informatio: did you still have to edit the eaves with the half gabled roof?
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    DeanXeL wrote: »

If you don't know what I mean, I don't think it's an issue :D It's indeed weird that it works with a half gabled roof, but not a full roof.... At least sounds like you found a solution! :) Just for my informatio: did you still have to edit the eaves with the half gabled roof?

Lol ok!

Yes I did have to shorten the eaves a bit so they didn't stick where I didn't want them :smile:
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery