Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Dependent on Mods to Play TS4?

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
IMO modders are doing a really good on this game compared to the devs themselves. I’ve seen modders fix some problems that are taking the devs ages to get to.

I don’t play with mods that make the gameplay better and I definitely didn’t need any in TS3, but I’m thinking of possibly installing a few.

The question is mostly for mods that deal with gameplay.

Yes, you need mods to play TS4 and won’t play without them or your gameplay will be boring.

-OR-

No, you don’t need mods to enhance your gameplay. You play fine without them.

Are You Dependent on Mods to Play TS4? 253 votes

Yes.
53%
auroraael14bshag4lvcatmom1987rudy8292BreeSashawinkeljohn78Kita5399Mstybl95GalacticGalsunhair2008jeepjeepcatalexspoom13alan650111PseudonymsAlexaiSikoahGraceColorist40ZhakiraPBreeNillaSimpatsyann 135 votes
No.
31%
BluegayleGoldmoldarIcewolfSimmervillelisamwittPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CSimburianDOLLDRMS1silvercandy79cchant86robyngravesg01denswanalanmichael1MindofyDarkLady2788TheGreatGorlonxXPandoraXxLustianicia 80 votes
Other.
15%
verlainemSara1010PMeteoraStormkokoro80simgirl1010luthienrisingcatloverplayermitchiebanjogreydonnSimplyJenMizzila1297phantasmkissHarukotyanSweetieWright_84CAPTAIN_NXR7Onversertexxx78MarkwilsonOldeseadoggeMDianaSims 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    The autonomy in this game drives me nuts so, I use mods that stop sims doing random things like getting a drink of water or turning the radio on.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    No.
    Nope. Never used them, never will. The only CC I have is some cosplay stuff.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No.
    This is more of a yes no. I don't depend on mods nor use that many. Mainly to try out different fun things to do. But mcc command is pretty essential to me. It's the only mod I had for years without removing and i wouldn't find the game quite as enjoyable without it because it allows me to play the way i really want like max sims in a zone, really slow time, and many many other things. Other then that i could easily live without mods. What i CAN'T do without is cc. That's a whole nother story😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    No.
    there is lots of cool mods and cc things

but i don't really use any at the moment or anytime soon
    cause i don't really want to introduce game new ways to break my longest save yet i want to keep it stable and not be in trouble with mod updates

for sims 4 i don't really even "need" cc to play it cause the cas doesn't offend my soul the way ts3 cas did and i can deal with it

and for build stuff i want to keep cc free for the gallery and if i started using cc there be no end cause u can always think of new perfect object for that one specific room so its just better not give it to myself

gameplay mods there is few that would really help me have more fun in game but also would probably collapse everything if bugged out
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    Yes. I didn't really start playing TS4 until mid/late 2015 and found my towns dying off. The clubs were filled with ghosts and elders. I'm not a rotational player and found it difficult to make the change from TS3 to TS4. I think I might have had some CC hair, but up to that point I played infrequently and didn't play enough to keep up with mods and patches. I am pretty sure the first mod I installed for TS4 was MCCC and it was very basic back then. (2016), but it was enough to keep things moving around for me. A lot of features were added to it later andI don't think I would have continued playing without it. I have tried to play rotational households since then, but it's just not for me.

Now I use quite a few mods, mainly to fix bugs, squash autonomous behaviors that drive me crazy.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    I played the game without mods a lot when it released and dealt with the problems, but now I would not be able to play the game without mods. Too many bugs and annoying features.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other.
    My answer would be yes, but not because my gameplay would be boring. I feel i'm dependent on mods because i have a few that fix some bugs that are so annoying that i know would refrain me of playing if i couldn't fix them... like for example the bug that prevents sims from eating leftovers and instead make them cook new meals.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    Absolutely yes. There are so many horrible design choices in this game that irritate me. Random townies, random outfits and situation outfits being the biggest offenders. The amount of mods in my game to keep my game free from these things is actually crazy.

I also have a quite a few autonomy mods in my game for all the annoying obsessions that sims get.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes.
    Without MCCC I would have had many saves ruined by the culling in the Sims 4 especially with how harsh it was in the beginning.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    Using mods in most games (that are moddable at all) has been part of what I consider a fairly major part of my gameplay for years. I do play all games completely vanilla first, though. Otherwise it would be pretty much impossible to pinpoint what I personally want to change or correct or enhance.
    Post edited by VeeDub on
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other.
    I could probably play without them just fine if I needed to... I do wait to patch until I can update the majority of my mods because it's really not that long of a wait and honestly, some of these patches are so broken anyways.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No.
    Nah, I try to play the game as it's created, just sort of out of preference. I think it shouldn't be expected for players to download mods to "fix" their game. If something bothers me enough, I either ignore it or play something else until I get an urge to play another time.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Other.
    Yes on PC. No on console because I can’t have mods on there. Although I wish I could for autonomy issues.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited March 2021
    No.
    I don't need them, the game works fine for me without them. There are few bugs that I'd like to be taken care of but I don't want to use mods to fix the bugs and I haven't gotten bored with the game yet, so there's no need for mods in my game.
    Also I play on a gaming laptop that already has lag issues with Sims 4 and I think mods would make things even worse.
    Seeing all the bugs and problems players have with mods I don't want them. If and when this game will ever be finished and EA abandons it with major bugs that never got fixed only then I may think of trying mods to fix the issues but not now when the game is still getting updates.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes.
    I miss them every time when I have to disable them for a new patch, so I guess I need them. I don't have many mods and try to avoid those big mods that overhaul entire systems. Most of them are meant to fix the game or 'correct' design choices I don't like. Even if I have just a few, the ones I do have are necessary for my game play style.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other.
    I have a dedicated save to play when I don't have mods installed (while waiting for mods to update) and I enjoy it well enough, but I play it differently than my normal save, with less focus on the story of my Sim's lives and more on their lives in general. In part because I don't play the save often (a day or three each month, depending on which mods break and how quickly they're updated) and in part because I've gotten used to being able to "edit" things if I wanted/needed to with mods, and so without the mods I don't bother to put in the effort to fight the game to tell the story I want.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Other.
    I can do without enhancing gameplay mods, but I absolutely can't do without fixes. After the patch I took out all the mods and decided not to put back those gameplay changing to track new traits improvement in unchanged game. But after one session I ended up with around 12 fixes in my mod folder to make the game playable. The major one was to stop sims from cooking new food and ignoring leftovers btw.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    No.
    Dependent, no, but they add to my gameplay.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Yes.
    I honestly don't remember what the vanilla game is like I've had MCCC for so long. I have so many mods in my game, there's no going back.

Mods were essential for my Sims 3 game too, though.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    No.
    I don't use mods when playing The Sims 4, mostly because I'm afraid to download them. I don't have a lot of space on my computer at the moment, so I'm a bit worried about downloading stuff for my games that I do have on here. Along with that, I am afraid of messing up my game by downloading too many mods, which has happened in other games I've played in the past. A lot of the mods available for The Sims 4 look pretty cool though!
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    I don't have many mods in my game, but the few I do have I couldn't play without. For me lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul is essential because I really dislike Sims from other worlds showing up in your neighborhood. Same goes for some tuning mods I use.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Other.
    Just on mod have some personality please. I can delete every mod I have except that one. I don't want to look at sims just idle chatting with barely any interaction. I don't want to choose interactions for sims, I want them to interact autonomously. Its sandbox game, I don't want all control.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No.
    I've seen simmers reach out for mods for silly things that really don't bother me at all. Plus it sounds like a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 every time a new patch is released.
  • Options
    an_plantsiman_plantsim Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes.
    Without a doubt. At this point my mods folder is similar in size to my game folder.
  • Options
    sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes.
    yeah I use lots of mods there are some nuances(behaviors) that the sims tend to do so in order for it to not occur as much I use certain mods to help curb it or I add some things to make my game more interesting majority of my mods are by zero sims and I use MC Command Center
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie