Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nicki Minaj's Prom Night Mafia | Postponed

KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
edited March 2021 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to Nicki Minaj's Prom Night Mafia!

original.gif

The year is 2025 and the pandemic is finally over! School starts to open up and the Queen of Rap is visiting your high school to host the most exciting prom night of the year, after years of attending school virtually. As you get ready for prom tonight, you suddenly had a vision like That's So Raven. In the vision, you see a dark red liquid flowing through the stage and a lifeless hourglass body.

You realized you were staring at the mirror for what felt like an hour. You tried to remember the vision but everything about it was just so blurry. You only remember seeing something red. Well, that's actually the theme of the prom night. You hear a doorbell and ran through the front door. You see a very attractive person. That's your date!

Both of you finally left the house and headed to school to attend prom.
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Post edited by Keyenpeydee on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The Queen's School Rules

1. Don't be rude. This is a mafia game, not a competition who's the rudest person. Things can get heated, so don't take everything personally. If you feel attacked or harassed personally, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    2. Talking about this game outside of this thread is strictly forbidden unless I stated otherwise.
    3. Respect every mod decisions I do. I reserve the right to ignore questions that may influence the game. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just being a moderator.
    4. You can address me in the thread by tagging me or through PM. Feel free to ask questions if something is unclear.
    5. Editing and reacting to posts during the day phase are forbidden. Please refrain from doing it even though your grammar is off, your bb codes are broken, etc. You may fix them by quoting it or just simply make another post.
    6. Votes must be in bold. Votes that are unclear, hidden, or anything confusing is not counted. Anyone may vote No Elimination if they want to.
    7. Night actions may be submitted through private message or in discord. It should be in bold. I will default to doing nothing if no night action was submitted or unclear.
    8. Mafia have day and night talk. Their factional kill should always be made in their group chat.
    9. A member of a mafia who have their own power role may submit their night action in PM or in their group chat.
    10. Activity is a must. I will force-replace a player if they are inactive for 2 game phases. I will modkill them if I haven't found a replacement after 2 game phases of force-replacing them. Sending night actions when you're not talking in the thread is also a sign of inactivity. You MUST post in the thread to be considered active.
    11. Plurality Elimination is only enabled on Day 1. Majority Elimination will be enabled on the following days. Hammer (50% of the players + 1) is always enabled by default.
    12. Each phases last 24 hours. Extensions may be considered only if needed.
    13. Strictly no talking on-topic when you're dead or a spectator. If you're dead or a spectator, I have a Universal Afterlife you can access in discord. Once you've joined my discord afterlife, follow the rules.
    14. If you wish to be replaced, PM me.
    15. Dark blue is my color. Do not use it.
    16. I will force-replace a player who breaks any of my rules.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    The Queen's Setup and Mechanic
    • You must sign up as a Romancer or Romancee.
    • This setup can only accommodate odd numbered players (9, 11, 13, etc.)
    • The game will include four phases: pre-dance, first dance, intermission, and second dance instead of the usual nights and days.
    • One player will be confirmed as town at the game start.
    • At pre-game, players will only be sent their alignment: Town or Mafia.
    • During the pre-dance, a can ask a Romancee to dance in the thread. Each Romancee can accept only one dance proposal. Please bold your sentence if you wanna ask someone as a romancer, same goes to ladies if you wanna accept a proposal.
    • At the end of the pre-dance, any player who doesn't have a dance partner will be asked to leave the dance. (death)
    • Each dance pair will then become Lovers, and they will be given a private chat to discuss the game.
    • During the dances, normal NIGHTLESS lynch mechanics will take over. This means that a lynch will not move to night, instead it's still day, and you can still lynch another pair.
    • First dance will end if there are x players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, the mafia members may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave (kill them). Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end.
    • Also, at any point during the dance, players may voluntarily leave, which forces his/her partner to leave as well. This means that both will die. Leaving the dance is publicly made, so please don't forget to BOLD it in the thread if you're going to leave the dance.
    • For reference, here are the previous games with the dance setup: Nicki Minaj's Night of Revelry and Nicki Minaj's Masquerade Ball Mafia

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Prom Night Attendees:

The Romancer:
    1. Mouse
    2. Bella
    3. Nush

The Romancee:
    1. DeKay
    2. Pandora
    3. Song
    4. Tuti

The Prom Night Dates:

• Options
    edited March 2021

• Options
    Reserved

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yay, I was hoping you'd make this game again!

I'll play and be a lady this time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    A bloody prom night sounds like the only one worth attending and you're a fun host. One question: Is it necessary to make everyone choose "gentleman" or "lady" since a couple attending a dance can be two gentlemen, two ladies, or some combination off the gender binary? What's the purpose for game mechanics? Is it just for the choice of tux or gown, or what is it?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    I'll be in! I'll choose a lady :)
  • Options
    A bloody prom night sounds like the only one worth attending and you're a fun host. One question: Is it necessary to make everyone choose "gentleman" or "lady" since a couple attending a dance can be two gentlemen, two ladies, or some combination off the gender binary? What's the purpose for game mechanics? Is it just for the choice of tux or gown, or what is it?

Yes, I am very well aware of this, of course. I was actually planning on editing the setup for it to be more gender neutral, but I'm not sure how to do it. The lady and gentleman setup is a vital mechanic of the game as the gentleman can only ask a lady for a dance and the lady can only accept a gentleman's proposal. I know it's very heteronormative and I want nothing more but for this to be gender neutral.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Hmm, what term could we choose for it to be gender neutral? As a replacement for gentleman and lady.

• Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member

It is basically just to divide the players into two groups for choosing the lover pairs. Players of group A (gentlemen) can only ask players of group B (ladies) to become lovers. Players of group B can only accept or deny the request.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Oh Keyen beat me to it xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    KleineMuff wrote: »

It is basically just to divide the players into two groups for choosing the lover pairs. Players of group A (gentlemen) can only ask players of group B (ladies) to become lovers. Players of group B can only accept or deny the request.

Couldn't have said any better lol.

But I still want to change the gentleman and lady term, I just don't know what terms to use. Group A and Group B sounds very basic.

• Options
    So, I've updated the gentleman and the lady to the romancer and the romancee to make it more gender neutral. The romancer can only ask a romancee to dance and the romancee can only accept a romancer's proposal.

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’ll play! I’ll be a romancer
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    When is the game going to start? I'm probably going to have to skip this game because I'm gonna be really busy for the next couple days.
    they/he
  • Options
    tutifruity6644tutifruity6644 Posts: 878 Member
    hmm im not sure maybe ill play ill see
    Screenshot-2022-02-26-at-02-01-45.png
    💛🤍 Tai (iel en français / they/them in english) 💜🖤
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    hmm im not sure maybe ill play ill see

You totally should! :)
  • Options
    hmm ok ill play i think
  • Options
    xSongx wrote: »
    When is the game going to start? I'm probably going to have to skip this game because I'm gonna be really busy for the next couple days.

I was thinking of starting it on Monday.

• Options
    hmm ok ill play i think

Would you be a romancer or romancee?

• Options
    edited March 2021
    If I don't get enough players by Monday, I'll find a different setup. I'm aiming for at least 9 players.

• Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    xSongx wrote: »

I was thinking of starting it on Monday.

Okay, then I should be able to play. Can I be a romancee please?
    they/he
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    If you're planning to start on Monday, then I think I can play. It's my sister's birthday on Sunday (plus it's Palm Sunday) so I've got a busy weekend :sweat_smile:

But I don't want to miss this set-up!! I'm cool being a romancer or romancee, however you need me to balance out the numbers :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    hmm ok ill play i think

Would you be a romancer or romancee?

which is mafia and which is town