Fresh off the press - the April 13 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 16 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
Sul sul Simmers! It's awesim to see that so many of you are starting new and interesting discussions! But please make sure that you do so in the right forum section. Thank you! 🙂

Little people chat about The Sims2 on console?

BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 122 Member
Surely i'm not the only one. Show yourselves!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,387 Member
    Of course you're not the only one. I have played the following:
    • The Sims 2 Pets for Wii
    • The Sims 2 Castaway for Wii
    • The Sims 2 for Nintendo DS
    • The Sims 2 Pets for DS

What can I say? These are different from the computer game. Perhaps even unique console ports (The Sims 2 introduced aging system, but you can only play with adults on console. The Sims 1 has babies and children and The Sims 3 and 4 had all stages [well, The Sims 3 for Wii didn't have baby or toddler stage, so sims were born as children]).

Though I have noticed a pattern in The Sims 2 console ports...

We have The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Pets, and The Sims 2 Castaway.
    There is also The Sims Stories aka laptop friendly The Sims 2 games. There are three games of it: The Sims Life Stroies, The Sims Pet Stories, and The Sims Castaway Stories.
    Coincidence? I think not!
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 152 Member
    i played:
    The sims 2 for PSP
    The Sims 2 for DS
    The Sims Castaway for PSP
    The Sims 2 Pets for PSP
    They are completely different from the computer game. Although in the sims 2 for psp, we dive into the story of strangetown. i like the story progression of the games.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 774 Member
    I played Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway on PS2, always with cheats haha. I like Pets and Castaway best. I kind of wish that Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets let you have kids, I’m a family-oriented kind of player. I can see how they’d be impractical in Castaway, though!
    Sims 3 Families: Sanchezes/O'Connors, Fairy Friends, Jenningses
    Sims 4 Families: Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses, Harper-Joneses/Bridges, Mastersons
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 122 Member
    I played Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Castaway on PS2, always with cheats haha.
    I couldn't find my way to cheats! So loopy. How did you figure it out.

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 774 Member
    I just googled “Sims 2 pets ps2 cheats”, or whichever game I was playing.

I always preferred the look of Sims 2 Pets and Castaway Sims to the Sims 2 ones. The Sims 2 PS2 Sims were kinda ugly to me.
    Sims 3 Families: Sanchezes/O'Connors, Fairy Friends, Jenningses
    Sims 4 Families: Fosters/Matsumotos/van Beerses, Harper-Joneses/Bridges, Mastersons