Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims 2 Ep/Sp?

Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
Hi there!
Hope everyone has happy simming experiences! i play the sims 2 alot- and was just wondering what is everyone's favorite Ep/Sp?
My favorite Expansion pack is Seasons, University and Free Time. Also Bon Voyage. I like seasons because it adds weather and some extreme seasons like snow. I like university because sims can go to college and get more of a rank and level at their job. i also like free time because every sim has a hobby and it is fun discovering them all!
My favorite stuff pack is Holiday because i like all the christmas stuff.
What is everyone else's favorite EP/SP
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Ever since the gnome workbench was introduced to Sims 1, I loved to be able to earn money by crafting instead of working the careers. Therefore Freetime and Open for business became my favorite expansions. I also love the sims from Desiderata and Bluewater, and both neighborhoods allow for beach placement, that's a plus, too.

For SPs H&M and Family Fun are my most used ones.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Apartment Life has always been my favourite expansion, theres always been a charm to living with other households close by to visit, especially when all other apartment neighbours are playable households. Witches have always been my favourite species too, granted without mods its a nightmare having bad witches show up on your lots like OFB. But Belladonna Cove has to also be my favourite neighbourhood, has my favourite premade, and also my favourite house designs even if some apartments are downright difficult to build around. (You know that one apartment complex where 3/4 houses have a garage? Yeah I feel bad for the Sims who live on the furthest right house and can't get a car.)

I don't think I have a favourite stuffpack, I just don't remember enough from anything, but judging from what I use the most, it might be Teen-style stuff, those outfits are neat. Or masion and garden stuff (if you don't class it as an expansion like the game EXE does) I like 2 story high doors and windows to create homes for ants.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Freetime, it gives the sims a lot to do :)
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Pets, shortly followed by Apartment Life. As for SP... It was probably Teen Style Stuff. Makes sense, considering I was in middle school at the time.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I love Apartment life because the reputation and social class systems were really great additions, on top of a unique neighborhood and the apartment system being my favorite in the series. I also really enjoy pets and seasons just because they're an integral part of real life and add necessary realism.

As for stuff pack, it's a toss up between H&M stuff and Teen Style Stuff. I think their CAS options aged fairly well, although I've revisited some base game pieces I used to avoid and find myself liking them more.
    Honorable mentions are the holiday packs because I like celebrating Christmas and Hanukkah with my sims.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Open For Business. Owning a business (store/restaurant/etc.) in the sims and making money by selling crafted goods has always been one of my favorite things to play with.

Nightlife, Apartment Life and Seasons are all close seconds, the Sims 2 had so many phenomenal EP's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Apartment Life has always been my favourite expansion, theres always been a charm to living with other households close by to visit, especially when all other apartment neighbours are playable households. Witches have always been my favourite species too, granted without mods its a nightmare having bad witches show up on your lots like OFB. But Belladonna Cove has to also be my favourite neighbourhood, has my favourite premade, and also my favourite house designs even if some apartments are downright difficult to build around. (You know that one apartment complex where 3/4 houses have a garage? Yeah I feel bad for the Sims who live on the furthest right house and can't get a car.)

I don't think I have a favourite stuffpack, I just don't remember enough from anything, but judging from what I use the most, it might be Teen-style stuff, those outfits are neat. Or masion and garden stuff (if you don't class it as an expansion like the game EXE does) I like 2 story high doors and windows to create homes for ants.

Yeah i feel like it's funny how Mansion and Garden is an sp but yet uses the game to launch, acting like it is an EP. and i should play belladonna cove more! it sounds fun~
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I like FreeTime, there are lots of different hobbies and different ways to indulge in them.
    I’m only a relative newcomer to Apartment Life, so I’ve not fully explored the EP yet.
    OFB is an interesting one but I always found it difficult to run a good business and look after a family. I did once find a great idea for a business online somewhere, and implemented it with great success. I forget where I found it though.

If I’m honest, I like all the EPs. University is probably my least favourite as I always find the degree experience to be rather boring and repetitive, and I hate how leaving the student’s home lot completely messes with the time in-game so you suddenly get the final exam at some ridiculous time like 2am. The actual degree is useful in giving you a huge career ladder boost, but I also don’t mind working my way up the career ladder the long way.

As for SPs, I’m not sure. I like all of them!
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I like FreeTime, there are lots of different hobbies and different ways to indulge in them.
    I’m only a relative newcomer to Apartment Life, so I’ve not fully explored the EP yet.
    OFB is an interesting one but I always found it difficult to run a good business and look after a family. I did once find a great idea for a business online somewhere, and implemented it with great success. I forget where I found it though.

If I’m honest, I like all the EPs. University is probably my least favourite as I always find the degree experience to be rather boring and repetitive, and I hate how leaving the student’s home lot completely messes with the time in-game so you suddenly get the final exam at some ridiculous time like 2am. The actual degree is useful in giving you a huge career ladder boost, but I also don’t mind working my way up the career ladder the long way.

As for SPs, I’m not sure. I like all of them!
    yeah i agree, uni is a bit repetitive because all you are doing is sending your teens to college where they age up as a young adult and essentially be in college as a young adult. Yeah, and the times for the finals are weird: a final at 2:00AM? oh gosh lol. anyways, it is fun tho. that's why i play rotionally tho, because i can play a family sim then play my college sim, marry them and have kids.
    and yeah freetime is good because of the hobbies and the different way to indulge in them: like play lots of chess? that'll give you gamer points, play instruments and sing: that will give you music (and dance) points: even slow dancing with your sim will give you music points.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Open for business!!! With university a close second.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2021
    Fave EP - OFB
    Fave SP - IKEA

Truthfully, I need them all (pets, bon voyage, night life, etc... they all bring such rich game play to the base game)