Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back Open worlds (Sims 3 style worlds)

sims3-roaring-heights-036.jpg
Open worlds aren‘t possible in Sims 4, but I would love to see them return in Sims 5!

In Sims 3 you didn’t have a loading screen everytime you visited a neighbor or went to the park.

Also you had a huge amount of lots (30-50 per world) so there was no need to tear down premade houses in order to build something. And you could even place more lots into the world!

Also the world felt more alive because your neighbors had routines they went after, (e.g. you could see Mrs Susan from next doors drive to work every day at 6am.)

I hope Sims 4 introduces open neighborhoods (e.g. no loading screens between houses in a neighborhood)
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited March 2021
    I like TS3, but am very glad about the loading screens in TS4 and the variant of open world it makes possible. If TS5 will be online I will not buy it; and if it also would is open world a la TS3 it would for me be another reason for not buying it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I want it. Even better is a World Creation Tool.

I have hope that open neighborhoods will somehow become a thing in TS4 at some stage.
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    This would likely be a hard task but I’d want them to update the neighborhoods to be like what Arnie did with Eden Hills in Brindleton Bay. My biggest pet peeve about the sims 4 worlds is that the lack of lots makes it so I’m forced to leave my world to go to certain venues. Because of that, traveling feels meaningless. If we expanded the neighborhoods to be like Eden Hills with multiple open venues to fill in some lot type functions, I wouldn’t be as pressured to leave my world.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I read a couple years ago that because of the limitations of the Sims 4 engine, an open world isn’t possible. I think I read it on this forum, but not really sure.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    I read a couple years ago that because of the limitations of the Sims 4 engine, an open world isn’t possible. I think I read it on this forum, but not really sure.

But they could make it work that there are no loading screens between houses in one neighborhood
    a256aFi.gif
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited March 2021
    But they could make it work that there are no loading screens between houses in one neighborhood]

Yeah they could. That would help, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.