Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Simple Attraction System

Give every sim three attraction traits and they will only be attracted to other sims that have at least one of these traits.

They do not have to be secret, rather a sim can use a "What's your type?" interaction to discover them.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Give every sim three attraction traits and they will only be attracted to other sims that have at least one of these traits.

They do not have to be secret, rather a sim can use a "What's your type?" interaction to discover them.

Oh Yes.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    This, with a return of Favorites and Sign, would be amazing!

Favorites should also include favored attributes, such as hair color, length, gender (multi-select), etc...
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • hvnsimmerhvnsimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    It's clearly been done/can be done! There's an SFW version of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that has a pretty complex version of an attraction system that honestly makes my game so much more realistic. I would love to see it actually in the game! You can be attracted to physical and nonphysical traits as well as gender preferences.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I like how it was done in Sims 2 where there was a attraction score depending on things like...

Sims personality the more the Sim was like them the higher the score was. Seeing as Sims have no personality besides the shared emotions traits would have to come into this

Turns ons and turn offs Sims also had preferences in things like hair colors beards or no beards, makeup, fit or unfit, glasses or even for vampires. There was also a clothing turn ons for things like formal underwear and so on though I'd prefer if they labeled the clothing turn ons like formal, goth, casual and flamboyant and so on though flamboyant would take over 80% of the options now.

But yeah they need to do something there should be a challenge every Sim should not instantly fall for any random Sim
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Blazeclaw55Blazeclaw55 Posts: 3 New Member
    This seems like a very simple thing the sims team could have added in the first place. I love the idea of some sims having gender preferences, clothes preferences, and even personality preferences. This would also probably give sims a lot more personality in game too.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

In TS2 Nightlife you could: "Ask what turns you on" or "Ask what turns you off" to the sim. You had o have a good relationship with them though or they'd flip xD Kind of like real life though. There were many "Ask" interactions on TS2 they were handy as hell. The answer then would come up in a speech balloon, the icon would show what they liked or not.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    - Likes and dislikes but without any limitation (1 sims has 2 likes/dislikes while another could have 5 likes and 10 dislikes for example)
    - Interests
    - I liked the bolts in S2 to determine the level of chemistry between 2 sims (though, I still want to find sims having completely opposite personalities and interests having 3 bolts chemistry)
    - Polyamory, though it would still depend on the sims personalities (jealous and family-oriented sims would like more exclusive relationships than non-committal sims)
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I'd lover for there to be an attraction system in The Sims as long as it only is about appearance preferences. Like hair color, eye color, body type etc. Just like in The Sims 4. But I wouldn't want there to be a gender preference - or if there is a gender preference, make it an option so I can choose not to have it. I wouldn't want to lock sims to like only one gender. I like it as it is now when everyone's bisexual and you can decide for yourself who you want your sim to be with. What if you wanted your sim to be with another sim but it turned out that sim didn't like your sim because of their gender? And you'd have to go into CAS and manually change it yourself? Dude, no. I'd hate that