Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kits For Plantsims

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I was thinking, Maxis is so insistent that Kits will fill in gaps, that they are optional, that they appeal to special people. So far I've seen nothing that really cements that, but if they want to maintain that, I was thinking...

Maybe a Kit that fills out Plantsims into something that, rather than being something you have to unlock specially in DEBUG but a proper lifestate. After all, they have the basics laid out. And of course they can always say "If you don't like it don't buy it" which is their excuse for everything.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    What do you mean having to Debug? There's a system for plantsims so I'm not sure what else the kit needs. I just buy the magic stump in regular buy mode. Patchy the Scarecrow gives out the seeds. Here's my current family's tree in progress

12LcbGO.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    plantsims sorry but if there is such a kit i will skip on this one since i much prefer normal human sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited March 2021
    I would love for Plant Sims to be updated to be more like their TS2 iterations, but I will not pay for that in an overpriced kit. Plant Sims should have been fully fleshed out when they were first introduced into TS4, and any upgrade at this point should be free.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited March 2021
    In my opinion Plant Sims are hands down the most disappointing life state in TS4, if we can even call it a life state. TS4 is all about aesthetics and yet the plant sim is the least aesthetically pleasing sim I’ve ever seen in the entire franchise. What an uninspiring green thing. I like the magic portal tree trunk , but the rest is as dull as it can get.

With that out of the way, I’ve always seen plant sims as some kind of fae anyway. Maybe they can make a proper come back in a Fairy pack instead? Including the flower trail and some decent leaves to wear. They could be flower fairies. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I would love to see PlantSims get updated in a Kit! They don't have a whole lot to use for gameplay at the moment other than looks and a few other things, so it would be great to see them get more abilities and interactions with other Sims. Maybe they should be like Aliens and Vampires so that they have a separate form that allows them to use their abilities?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    I would love to have plantsims updated. Because the current plantsims are base game, the updated version should be base game as well. but I'd get a pack or kit if it meant I could play plantsims as a proper lifestate again.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited March 2021
    i would not mind if they make cas or b/b kit based on the whole plants & plantsims theme like plants as furniture plants as clothing
    plant skin details and hairs etc

that would actually be cute and tie in few packs even if ur not playing plantsims per say

but i think any gameplay addition should be base game update

since they did go add them for base game

and its kind of petty to ask people money now to actually make them playable and fun lifestate the way they should have been from start
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I would love if plantsims would have some extra abilities and not just be green.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Unfortunately, we don't actually have a Plantsim; just a temporary shifter. :'(
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just give me a real Plantsim. That's all I really want!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Gotta remember that the original Sims 4 Plantsims were a free base-game update. Disappointing, but to be expected when it's free.

What's more disappointing is that despite having the base programming, they never tried to do anything with it. Maybe now they will? It's the one thing that might actually be worth £4.99. Lord knows the BB and CAS kits weren't.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I liked the Plantsims from the previous games, i would like to see them come back for Sims4 :)
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    If Plantsims getting updated in a Kit means they'll be made into a proper life state and actually feel like their own unique occult, I'm all for it.

While it'd be great to see them updated in the base game, if having to pay for them makes them better, I'm okay with it.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im not digging paying for a base game occult to actually do occult things. I still say plantsims should have gotten some form of update (no matter how minor) when Seasons and/or Eco Lifestyle came around. I'll be happy if their life state was just available in CAS.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    There is zero reason why they shouldn't have been updated in eco living. They said they would like to update plant sims, but it'd have to be in a pack that makes sense. What makes more sense than a pack about taking care of the environment?

It would've been cool to see plantains effected by the different neighborhood footprints.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    There is zero reason why they shouldn't have been updated in eco living. They said they would like to update plant sims, but it'd have to be in a pack that makes sense. What makes more sense than a pack about taking care of the environment?

It would've been cool to see plantains effected by the different neighborhood footprints.

Strangerville was another missed opportunity to update them. It is a story about strange plants and their effects on sims after all. Plantsims could have gotten a special relationship with the mother.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Unfortunately, we don't actually have a Plantsim; just a temporary shifter. :'(

So true. The sims 4 versions feels more like a tribute to the plantsims in previous games. I hope they will get updated to a proper lifestate, a permanent state that doesn't dissappear when you switch households.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2021
    "We need to update them in a pack that makes sense".

This is an excuse, because they put gameplay in the Paranormal Pack. INVENT a pack that makes sense! Invent a reason for it to fit in! Create the PlantSim Stuff Pack!

There's the Strangerville pack, the Eco Living pack. Now they have Kits, with the excuse that they're 'niche' packs despite, you know, not exactly being niche. A new type of cabinet or jogging clothes is not 'niche'. It's 'safe'. Nonetheless their excuse is that you don't HAVE to buy them.

And I would rather they were free, but it's obvious by now that EA isn't going to let the Devs update them for free
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'd rather they come with a bigger pack or a base game update, but if kits are the only way we'll get improved Plant Sims I'll be alright with it.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I *might* consider more spells. Like proper ones, a toadification that turns a sim into an actual toad, summon and banish sims to a lot. Enchant gnomes. Maybe a pet dragon and another magical lot.

I really do not want to encourage this “kit” idea though, I think it is a rip off. I will NEVER pay for things like dust. That’s insanity.

—T

• EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section. :)
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    would love the plantsims to be more like they were in the past but for me to pay $7CAD there will have to be more in the pack then just the fleshed out plant sim maybe some bb and cas items
    would love the mermaid be fixed also
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    would love the plantsims to be more like they were in the past but for me to pay $7CAD there will have to be more in the pack then just the fleshed out plant sim maybe some bb and cas items
    would love the mermaid be fixed also

these definitely need fixing to become proper life states.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm not sure on this one. On one hand people that wanted the plantsims to be something more can buy a kit to get something more to play with.

On the other hand I feel that Maxis barely tried with the plantsims and making people pay to even get something to make them represent a life state doesn't feel right to me. But I'm not a fan of kits overall so I guess that's no surprise.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    What do you mean having to Debug? There's a system for plantsims so I'm not sure what else the kit needs. I just buy the magic stump in regular buy mode. Patchy the Scarecrow gives out the seeds. Here's my current family's tree in progress

12LcbGO.png

Well, for starters, that's incredibly boring.

You just click a couple of menus, and then bam, you've got Forbidden Fruit. There's no sense of accomplishment, there's no challenge, it's just handed to you.

Improved PlantSims would involve having to actually play the game. Raise a skill, befriend an NPC, discover a hidden lot, find a Forbidden Fruit tree out in the world.

Additionally, the PlantSims themselves don't have any unique gameplay. Oh, they need hydration and they gain hunger by being out in the sun, but what actually makes them interesting? Can you grow your own PlantSim babies in the ground? Can you accelerate plant growth? What about unique looks? The green hair is.......... fine........... I guess.......... but where's the PlantSim clothes? In past games they wore leaves and petals, where's THAT?
    wJbomAo.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so want my Plantsims to be a permanent lifestate Plantsim. :'(