Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Read Books added to traditions in calendar

Would anyone else like to see a tradition to read books (in the calendar) added? Would love to have this as I would create a Winter's Eve where all my sims read books.

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes, I would. NPC should not be given only one variant though, but different genres, or a couple of listed ones, like poetry, fiction and fantasy.

Anything to do with books would be nice as well. The autonomous action to Browse Books should be removed, instead sims should pick an unread book and properly read it. Skill books should be able to be reread as autonomous action.

And the EL NAP Back To The Old Days should have them reading different books as default, not just Mysteries.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like the idea of being able to replicate jólabókaflóð.

Gifting books, specifically, and reading them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I would be even more specific. I'd make it something like "Read Horror Book", "Read Sci-fi Book", "Read Mystery Book" or "Read Comic Book" etc. Gift a Book is a wonderful idea as well.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
    Movotti Ive been meaning to ask. What is that clip you have in your Signature?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    @redrogue60
    Its from a 1922 move called Häxan. It reminds me of the Welsh Christmas Skeleton Horse, Mari Lwyd.

And I agree with you on the specific genres. It'd be nice if we could set 'favourite genre' for each of our sims... Though, of course, childish sims should always prefer children's books.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited March 2021
    Movotti wrote: »
    @redrogue60
    Its from a 1922 move called Häxan. It reminds me of the Welsh Christmas Skeleton Horse, Mari Lwyd.

And I agree with you on the specific genres. It'd be nice if we could set 'favourite genre' for each of our sims... Though, of course, childish sims should always prefer children's books.

I guessed the decade it was made, it had that look. Ive been wanting to catch that film. I saw it on iTunes. I have wanted to set favorite genres on books and movies/TV since this game started. I'll go one further and say I'd also like favorite Vacation places and activity. If we dont otherwise have favorite music genre choice Id go with that as well.